news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #1
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger
Default Redman- Dare iz a Darkside

This was always my favorite Redman album. Was listening to red gone wild and when hurricane G came on it reminded me of the track they did on Dare iz a darkside. So I threw it on and listened to it today for the first time in a while and it reminded me how good this album really is. What do you guys think about this album. I like the energy he's got on this he goes off.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

My favorite Redman album! He was trippin on acid during this album so naturally its fucking crazy! Listen to this shit high man...it's a trip
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I always liked the albums either side of it a lot better than this one. Although I had both of those back in the day when they were fresh. I didn't get this one until probably the early 2000's. Honestly I don't remember one track from it. I'm definitely gonna have to make sure to pull it out and give it a spin because I know mid 90's Redman has gotta be good.

But yeah, 'Whut Thee Album' and 'Muddy Waters' are 2 absolute classics for me, whereas this one I never got to know well.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
I always liked the albums either side of it a lot better than this one. Although I had both of those back in the day when they were fresh. I didn't get this one until probably the early 2000's. Honestly I don't remember one track from it. I'm definitely gonna have to make sure to pull it out and give it a spin because I know mid 90's Redman has gotta be good.

But yeah, 'Whut Thee Album' and 'Muddy Waters' are 2 absolute classics for me, whereas this one I never got to know well.

great lp i used to have it on vinyl til i went to college and my mom through all my extra shit, and it was there so i recopped it on cd and i love this fucking lp one of my favorite redman lp's zone out too

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Biz, did you notice Def Squad's Full Cooperation video was paying tribute to Eddie Murphy's movies 48 Hrs, The Nutty Professor, Trading Places? Keith Murray was acting out a scene from 48 Hrs, Erick Sermon was acting out a scene from The Nutty Professor and Redman was acting out a scene from Trading Places. Did you know K-Solo had beef with Redman after he collaborated with him on It's Like That from Muddy Waters album? I think I remember reading a interview with him saying that Redman didn't pay him after he did the song. He shouldn't be mad at Redman about that. He should've been mad at Def Jam for not paying him.

I also think he had beef with EPMD. It's sad that K-Solo only did 2 albums because he got skills. I never heard his first album but I like his Time's Up album. I was listening to Who's Killin Who yesterday on Youtube from that album. I also like his jam I Can't Hold It Back from that album.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Dare Iz A Darkside >>>> Muddy Waters & Whut Thee.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Red deffinetly goes off on this. I thought I was the only one who liked this album. Any time you bring up redman everyone brings up docs da name or muddy waters. Everyone always over looks Dare iz a Darkside. I didn't know he was eating acid and shit making this album. I guess that explains the crazy lyrics and weird noises he makes on this shit and why its so bugged the fuck out.

Last edited by Biz; 11-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I love this album and it's one of my favorites. Whut Thee Album and Muddy Waters are also his best albums. Dare Iz A Darkside has a lot of jams and the only bad song is Sooperman Lover 2. I also like the album cover and album pictures. Biz, you got Red Gone Wild? I don't like that album and I don't remember Hurricane G being on it. I don't know why he collaborated with her on We Run NY on Dare Iz A Darkside because she ruins the song LOL. That beat is hard and props to Redman for using KRS One's Sound Of Da Police sample.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

She was on soopaman luva 5 on red gone wild. She has a horrible flow and her voice is very intolerable but I thought it was cool he threw her on red gone wild because they used to do stuff together back on whut the album in videos and shit and we run ny on darkside. It kind of made me reminice on the earlier redman albums hearing them work together again. Isn't she married to Erick sermon?

Last edited by Biz; 11-13-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

She used to be Erick Sermon's girlfriend. I don't know if they used to be married. She's cute but she can't rap LOL. She made me laugh on Redman's Tonight's Da Night when she said yo yo Redman man, what the fuck, get the fuck off that punk smooth shit, get with that rough shit man, you know how we do hahahahahahahahahaha. She rapped on Keith Murray's Bom Bom Zee on Keith's first album. She rapped on Smif and Wessun's Spanish Harlem song. Why are these good rappers doing songs with her? LOL. She was on Xzibit's first album.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Haha she is fuckin bad but hearing her on red gone wild reminded me of back in the day. She sounds like some project bitch trying to rap but can't. Haha erick sermon probably suggested red and kieth murray put her on thier album.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

What did you think of Red Gone Wild? Did you like it? Last album of his i liked was Muddy Waters. Doc's Da Name has a few good songs. I was very disappointed in Malpractice, Red Gone Wild, Reggie. I don't like his mixtapes and i didn't like Def Squad's El Nino album. I liked a couple of songs on El Nino like Ya'll Checkin Us Out, Full Cooperation, Ride With Us with Too Short, Ya'll Niggas Ain't Ready. I was disappointed in his collabo albums with Method Man. He's one of my favorite rappers though and i never get tired of listening to Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

There were some good tracks on blackout 2, reggie was trash, a couple tracks on red gone wild were good, I like some tracks on ill at will 1 and 2 malpractice and docs da name had some good tracks and from whut till muddy waters was red at the top of his game. But the thing about redman for me is that he is always entertaining and cracks me the fuck up no matter what He's a funny dude and he's always talking about some crazy ass shit. El nino was ok I thought a album with keith murray, erick sermon and redman would be better. Haha I remember when the rappers delight video would pop on mtv I liked that track.

Last edited by Biz; 11-13-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

No, I havent check that out I'll check it on youtube. I haven't heard about k-solo in a while he had some good shit waaay back in the day. didn't keith murray beat him down or something. Yea he should have had beef with def jam rather than red cause they are cheap as fuck anyway They don't promote thier artists at all any more. I didn't hear anything really about 4:21 or red gone wild when they dropped.

Last edited by Biz; 11-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

No i don't think Keith Murray beat up K-Solo. Only rapper i know K-Solo had beef with was DMX. I can't really blame Def Jam for not promoting albums anymore because Redman and Method Man haven't done good albums in a long time. So that's not Def Jam's fault. Just like LL Cool J got mad at Jay-Z when Jay-Z was president of Def Jam because he said Jay-Z didn't promote his albums. What LL needs to understand is that nobody is checking for him anymore hahahahahahahahahahaha. If Jay-Z had promoted his albums, nobody would've bought them anyway LOL. The GOAT was LL's last good album because the albums he's done after that are garbage. His Phenomenon album is garbage too and it's a shame 4,3,2,1 was the only good song on the album.

I'm not saying that LL can't rap anymore but his songs are too soft and the beats are bad on the albums he did after The GOAT. The GOAT album has several good songs. He did a song with Redman, Method Man, DMX called Forgetaboutit on The GOAT. Have you heard it Biz? It's alright. He also did a song with Jayo Felony, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg called You Can't Fuck With Me on The GOAT and that's a hard song. DJ Scratch of EPMD produced it and the beat is hard. I was listening to The GOAT a few minutes ago and i listened to the songs Imagine That and LL Cool J. He did a video for Imagine That and he has some cute women in the video. Rapper Leshaun is also in the video and she does the hook. She rapped with him on Doin It and her lyrics were very freaky. She was mad at him that he didn't put her in the video but LL said she was pregnant at the time and that's why he didn't want her in the video. Leshaun is cute and sexy. Biz, have you seen her video Wide Open? It came out in the 90's and she says some freaky lyrics. She also rapped on Coolio's Mama I'm In Love With A Gangsta.