news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 01-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey
Default Captain Phillips

Well, Tom Hank's body of work is pretty consistent and he seems to have a good eye for scripts. It's definitely a worthwhile biography to watch. Pretty gripping story and the movie moves along. The IMDB rating of 8.1/10 is a bit high though, as it currently has a higher rating/ranking than some classics.

I thought when this story broke that there were some crew members interviewed that downplayed Captain Phillips heroic acts. I guess there's two sides to every story and this is from his viewpoint. I could see how some of the actions he took during the movie were questionable and how the crew felt he jeopardized their safety and put them in harms way.

It's very questionable how the ship apparently had no weapons on board? I know it's easier said then done, and that the samolian's were strapped with AK's, but it also seemed questionable that no one tried to stay sheltered on deck and simply flick the ladder off to sink to the bottom of the ocean. Problem solved.

7.5/10

IMDB
madchild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Was this nominated for best picture or some other major award?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Was this nominated for best picture or some other major award?
Academy Awards, USA 2014

Nominated
Oscar

Best Motion Picture of the Year

Scott Rudin
Dana Brunetti
Michael De Luca

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Barkhad Abdi

Best Achievement in Film Editing

Christopher Rouse

Best Achievement in Sound Editing

Oliver Tarney

Best Achievement in Sound Mixing

Chris Burdon
Mark Taylor
Mike Prestwood Smith
Chris Munro
Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay
Billy Ray

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535109/awards?ref_=tt_awd
Old 01-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

good film
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #5
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The pirate guy in the previews looks like a zombie.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey

I'm just glad I don't have to see him smile on TV anymore. I hope he realizes that he was used and is going to fall from Hollywood's limelight. Take his green card away and send him back to Somalia.

Last edited by madchild; 03-23-2014 at 11:01 AM.
madchild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #7
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I thought this was a good film. My onlyu question was what were the pirates saying?

Through the entire movie not 1 piece of dialogue was interpreted. I understanding getting the over all emotion of their dialogue but what did they say?