news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default What New Underground New York And New Jersey Rappers Should I Check Out?

I wanna know if ya'll can recommend me some new underground rappers from New York and New Jersey i should listen to on Youtube. I'm still stuck in the old school rap from the 80's and 90's because it's been hard for me to listen to these new rappers. I don't even know what new rappers are out because it seems to me so many of them are pop rappers and got these corny ass songs. I miss the hardcore songs from back in the day that so many New York and New Jersey rappers did. I don't only like New York and New Jersey rappers even though i think they're better than rappers from other cities.

I do like rappers from back in the day that are from Los Angeles, Oakland, Houston. Common is the only rapper that i used to like that's from Chicago. I don't like too many rappers from Chicago. I don't like too many rappers from Atlanta and Detroit either. Ludacris, Goodie Mob, Outkast are the only rappers i like from Atlanta. I was glad that Bone Thugs and Harmony came from my hometown Cleveland, Ohio but they did a lot of shitty albums after Creepin On A Come Up album. I'm sure there's some other rappers from Cleveland that are underground but i haven't heard them.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Check out the new rapper called IGNORANT BLACK
Old 03-19-2014, 03:18 AM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
Check out the new rapper called IGNORANT BLACK
haha

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
daffy duck
lord

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey

smoke dza and action bronson

daffy duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Not really a new rapper, but his solo career is
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

Loaded Lux
BrokenWrists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Alright ya'll. Thanks. Geto Boys are the only rappers from Houston i like. There's a lot of wack rappers from Houston and Atlanta LOL. Ya'll remember when people were saying the south rappers was on top during the 2000 decade? Yeah right LOL. There's a lot of wack south rappers. Geto Boys will always be the kings of the south. During the 2000 decade, there may not have been a lot of good music from New York and New Jersey but New York and New Jersey were still on top during the 2000 decade just for the simple fact that there's so many classic rap albums that have come outta New York and New Jersey.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #8
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Not new but check out Ill Bill
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Alright ya'll. Thanks. Geto Boys are the only rappers from Houston i like. There's a lot of wack rappers from Houston and Atlanta LOL. Ya'll remember when people were saying the south rappers was on top during the 2000 decade? Yeah right LOL. There's a lot of wack south rappers. Geto Boys will always be the kings of the south. During the 2000 decade, there may not have been a lot of good music from New York and New Jersey but New York and New Jersey were still on top during the 2000 decade just for the simple fact that there's so many classic rap albums that have come outta New York and New Jersey.
Youre a retard.

OUTKAST are the KINGS OF THE SOUTH. You dumb fucking moron.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #10
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
but New York and New Jersey were still on top during the 2000 decade just for the simple fact that there's so many classic rap albums that have come outta New York and New Jersey.

The reason N.Y and to a lesser extent N.J rappers are the best, is because of there superior lyrical ability and there vast subject matter.

You know what's funny.... Even some of the west coast heavy weights owe there style and success to the east.

But yeah I agree that the east coast has lost some of it's shine.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
The reason N.Y and to a lesser extent N.J rappers are the best, is because of [..] there vast subject matter.
Do you not think the west coast are far superior to the east when it comes to this? The east is pretty narrow when it comes to subject matter imo. Practically everyone are a battle rapper, gangster rapper or political/revolutionary rapper. There's not a lot of people who thinks as much outside of the box as for instance Del The Funkee Homosapien & Freestyle Fellowship does (especially currently). At least earlier we had Pharoahe Monch, Last Emperor & De La who tried some new things, but now?
-Archetype

Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #12
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

Tbf, New York is pretty fuckin shit now
-Archetype

Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #13
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

CJ, broaden your horizons. Why would you limit yourself to these two cities. I'm not taking anything away from all the great music that came from NJ and especially NY.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #14
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

the underground isnt really saying much..

for nyc id have to say go for joey badass, action brinson, roc marciano, justee juxx?
they are the more known

not sure if you would consider these guys underground but worth checking out?
I guess you can say unheard of?

dillion cooper, nitty scott, worlds fair, B.I.C (Bitches Is Crazy)

The Underachievers, Ratking---kinda got that asap mobb vibe

vinny chase, bodega bamz & Troy Ave will break into the mainstream

battle rap --> DNA Arsonal & Cortez (check out kotd on youtube)

i find new york lost its sound ! its changed for maybe the worst ?

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #15
mAlAkAz
DELUXE LUXURY

mAlAkAz iron monkeymAlAkAz iron monkeymAlAkAz iron monkey

Mr. MFN eXquire

he's not new but under the radar

+vvvvvvv