news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default street life with TeknicelStylez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez
A street nigga, is a nigga that been on the streets his whole life to the point he don't know nothing better than the streets. Ever since I was 9 I used to be outside all fuckin day and not come home till like 3 A.M because my house was so fucked up I would rather be outside than be at home dealing with that shit. By the age of 13 I was out on my own in the streets with absolutely nothing. At first I was robbing bags of bread from bodegas when they got dropped off in the morning so I could eat. After a while I got so fuckin hungry I didn't give a fuck if I was going to jail so I just started robbing people. I used to wash up in the dunkin donuts bathroom so I could maintain some sort of hygiene. Than I started pitching work in on the block and that's how I became a street nigga. Every home to me is just temporary, the only place I really feel at home is in the hood on the block with the niggaz I call my family. It's sad but thats basically all ever knew and will know until I find away to get myself out of this hole my past placed me in.

I feel like I'm attempting to climb up the side of a waxed marble pit while somebody's dropping concrete bricks on me. I know what street niggaz is about because I lived with them mofuckas all my life. In my city theres more homeless, incarcerated, and drug addicted teens than there is adults in the population. I come from a place where a 15 year old will hawk you for 5 dollars to go get himself something to eat, or where if you say the wrong shit to the wrong dude involved with the wrong people you'll have about 4 niggaz hacking at you with machetes. You know your city's bad when you're outside at 3 A.M and there's still motherfuckers on the block acting rowdy.

I'm not condoning this type of shit, I'm just giving yall an example of how people get stuck into this mentality. It's not like people wake up and go, "I wanna be a street nigga" and they start actin hood, shit is real out here, niggaz get fuckin killed.

what this thread is about -

Quote:
interpreting the symptoms and the cause of social digression in inner cities, for instance, why do people in the ghetto act this or that way
Old 04-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

Thank you, LHX.

What is the purpose of this thread you might ask? As most of us here at KTL know, there is alot of ignorance in this world. What you may or may not suspect is that there is alot of ignorance in ourselves. We live in a society where every day people are bombarded with propaganda and other tools that create a mindstate that is far from healthy. We all know about the problems with our youth in the inner cities, but what causes it? People have developed their own ideas as to what the reasons behind their motives is, but alot of times they are incorrect and premeditated programmed stereotypes. When you have 11 year old children (Keyword here) selling drugs and carrying semi automatic fire arms, it is very clear that there is a big problem with todays society. So whats the cause of it all, why is that kid doing what he is doing? Thats where I come in and try to help you derive an explanation for all this madness. Ask me whatever you would like to know about why people behave a certain way in impovershed areas and I will do the best I can to answer it clearly.

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

Quote:
Thank you, LHX.

What is the purpose of this thread you might ask? As most of us here at KTL know, there is alot of ignorance in this world. What you may or may not suspect is that there is alot of ignorance in ourselves. We live in a society where every day people are bombarded with propaganda and other tools that create a mindstate that is far from healthy. We all know about the problems with our youth in the inner cities, but what causes it? People have developed their own ideas as to what the reasons behind their motives is, but alot of times they are incorrect and premeditated programmed stereotypes. When you have 11 year old children (Keyword here) selling drugs and carrying semi automatic fire arms, it is very clear that there is a big problem with todays society. So whats the cause of it all, why is that kid doing what he is doing? Thats where I come in and try to help you derive an explanation for all this madness. Ask me whatever you would like to know about why people behave a certain way in impovershed areas and I will do the best I can to answer it clearly.
What the hell u talkin about ?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

why do a lot of people believe that material wealth will improve their life experience?

how ome nobody notices that there is nobody who is able to stay on top of their game for a long time?

why do the people and organizations who try to 'help' improve the situation for todays youth always suck at their job?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

Ok let's get to the bottom of this.

Quote:
why do a lot of people believe that material wealth will improve their life experience?
Alot of people believe material wealth will improve their experience because it is the most obvious thing that is lacking in their lives. When we're little kids we hear our parents arguing over bills and just being all around stressed out over the lack of money. Mommy why is there no food in the house? Because we have no money! So at an early age we are taught that money is an important factor in survival. In other families, when they need something it can be purchased on the spot, or if they are hungry boom they go get something to eat, we have to first locate the cash and than do whatever it is we need to do.

Aside from money you ask where the clothes come in. An obvious part of the whole materialistic propaganda is with rap stars. Subliminally we see these people on TV flossing and we think wow that's what you need to look like in order to be normal! Most of the females in these areas are trained at an early age not to be with men that have no money, whether it be examples that their mothers gave to them unknowingly or media etc. One of the ways to positively identify someone with money?? How fresh is their gear??? So without fresh clothes on you get less women and feel less important than everyone else, people on your block make fun of you etc. You have to look fresh if you don't look fresh nobody will like you! This is what is programmed in their heads on a daily basis.

Quote:
how ome nobody notices that there is nobody who is able to stay on top of their game for a long time?
Good question, you ever heard the expression when you're at the end of a tunnel it's hard to see the light? Suburban teenagers included have been known for their tendency towards instant gratification, with teenagers in inner cities, it's the same situation, their goals are just different. If they need something they need it on the spot and they aren't concerned with the future, they care about whats happening at the moment. Everyone feels like the ends justifies the means until they get to the end and realize it wasn't worth it. Most of them know whats in store for them, either death or prison, in my case it was like, "Shit I'm so hungry prison doesn't even sound all that bad, it's boarding and 3 square meals a day.", and as for death, it's already obvious we have no fear of dying other wise we wouldn't be doing the crazy shit we do in the first place.

Quote:
why do the people and organizations who try to 'help' improve the situation for todays youth always suck at their job?
For the same reason that these area's aren't being improved to begin with. If a kid buys a gun goes to school and shoots someone, what do we do? Arrest him and throw him in jail, which makes the toll 2 lives opposed to one, one kid died, and the other will spend the rest of his life in prison which is worse than death. The point is, we treat symptoms instead of sollutions! It's no different with these organizations, opposed to actually taking the time to figure out whats wrong with these people and solve the problem, they throw them in rehabilitation programs, jail, or throw money at them which in the long term doesn't solve shit. They don't know wtf is going on or why kids do what they do. According to them, the reason kids join gangs is because they have self esteem issues and want to be part of something... wtF?? The biggest reason kids join gangs is because there entire family and all there friends were more than likely in that very same gang, which means through out his life time people he knows and loves will be killed by the rival gang, it's obvious why he joined the first gang right? So how do we solve this problem, instead of treating the symptom by creating gang programs and arresting thousands of gang members everyday? Simple, educate these people about the real purpose of gangs, stop dividing our neighborhoods into areas (Like I don't know they do it on purpose...), start giving the youth some constructive shit to do. In my projects they just tore down 2 play grounds and a basketball courts because it provokes gathering people that supposedly engage in illegal activities, leaving all the neighborhood kids playing out in the street, how the fuck is this safe for our children!? AND HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT STOP PEOPLE FROM COMMITTING ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES?? But they don't care as long as we're not doing it IN the projects. So why do they suck at their job? Because they don't know wtf the situation is to improve it... their ideas of improvement only improve what they feel is necessary. As long as they are providing a temporary solution to make those crime figures go down in their area, they are happy, and thats their true purpose.

Last edited by TeknicelStylez; 04-03-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its true that you have to be a certain way to get attention and or respect on the block - gotta have that leather and them new sneakers - a rope wouldn't hurt either until it got snatched - i ain't give a fuck though - i did without and still got props - too many of my peoples was getting locked up and shot trying to look a certain way to impress the other knuckle heads under the buildings -
i ain't want that
Old 04-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

Where you live at dook?

Where I live the youngins rule the street, these little mofuckas is wild and got no respect for they elders.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #8
nikos36
Colombias Finest

nikos36 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to nikos36 Send a message via Yahoo to nikos36

Damn tek u sound like an articulate cat, most of tha street niggas I know are fkn savages and all they know bout computers is that u can bootleg music
Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #9
nikos36
Colombias Finest

nikos36 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to nikos36 Send a message via Yahoo to nikos36

I like ur steez though my nig, keeep doin whatcha do cause u doin it
Old 04-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

No doubt fam, I was just raised away from media and all that bullshit, I taught myself how to read when I was 4 and strayed away from the TV till I was about 10, and even than I preferred reading. My mother always taught me to be an individual and think for myself so when I got older I was able to see through the bullshit easier than everyone else. It gets me into alot of trouble in society though, I got kicked out of 3 schools and graduated from the 4th, and I tend to get fired alot.

Thanks for the love mang I appreciate it.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #11
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Teck styles, give us a better Idea about what street life is to you.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

Street life to me is when you hit the bottom of rock bottom, when you at rock bottom and you drill 4 holes deeper into the earth. Just grimey ass street living, wearing the same clothes everyday for a couple months, washing your draws up in a bathroom sink. Sneaking people and taking they money cause you can't afford a gun to do stick ups, than feeling bad as a mofucka after you get some food in your stomache. Selling poison to your own people because you need to put that food in your stomache and get a roof over your head before you pass out on the sidewalk and stay there. Sleepin on benches, being outside long enough to see the sunrise everyday.

Thats street life at it's grittiest.

Technically what this thread is really about is simply life in the hood, or impovershed living, but I guess LHX got the idea for the title from the other thread.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #13
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

It's like at first you like, yo this aint that bad. Than like a couple days pass and you ain't been inside except the occasional trip to your boys house or in a store, and you just like damn this shit is real. The day time aint that bad, but once night fall hits you all by yourself, ain't nobody outside except the niggaz you don't want to see outside. What could somebody possibly be doin up at fuckin 3 o' clock in the morning in the heart of the beast?? But the hunger is the worst, once that shit kicks in you just like, WOW THIS SHIT IS REAL IM NOT GONNA FUCKIN EAT UNLESS I GET SOME MONEY. After a while you turn into a wolf, instinct kicks in, you just find a prey, zero in, and take em down. The streets is just like the jungle, don't let a nigga tell you otherwise.

Last edited by TeknicelStylez; 04-06-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #14
dif de la rev
wheel re invent

dif de la rev shaolin monk

selling the streets as a paradise where dreams and fantasies can come true is like dishing cruel and unusual punishment on those who end up getting the penal sytem branded on them. all the drugs and bling and i see another generation living on those misgivings. if you preach that hood shit, keep it real.

remember that juvenile video for 'ha'. that's the ghetto streets. no glam.totally inhumane.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #15
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dif de la rev
selling the streets as a paradise where dreams and fantasies can come true is like dishing cruel and unusual punishment on those who end up getting the penal sytem branded on them. all the drugs and bling and i see another generation living on those misgivings. if you preach that hood shit, keep it real.

remember that juvenile video for 'ha'. that's the ghetto streets. no glam.totally inhumane.
Did you read the posts so far?

Ain't nothing glamorous