news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper
Default andre 3000 = one of the best to ever do it

fuck is wrong with ya cats sayin he one of the wackest along with luda ?? yall smokin crack

tha man probably throwed out 3 classics in a row...yall bitchez listen to him spittin on return of the g...that nigga smokes alot of mcs...he in my top 5 fo sure...stop postin bullshit just cause yall saw the hey ya video on mtv...listen to him rapping back then...fuckas
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Well, surely you can understand people's point of view that 'You're only as good as your last work' no? Outkast's last work wasn't all that in case you didn't notice.

Check my Favourite MC's thread, I love Andre. I think he's #22 on my all-time list, which is pretty damn high if you considering how many great MC's exist. Aquemini, ATLiens and Southernplayacadillamusik, the albums which I presume you are referring to, are fantastic, I agree.

My favourite Outkast track is Git Up, Get Out by the way.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blast
Well, surely you can understand people's point of view that 'You're only as good as your last work' no? Outkast's last work wasn't all that in case you didn't notice.
People need to shut the fuck up about outkast falling off because of their last album. Just because they tried something creative and different doesn't mean they feel off.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBOS
People need to shut the fuck up about outkast falling off because of their last album. Just because they tried something creative and different doesn't mean they feel off.
yeah - they're just thinking long range, brothers is getting older

i'd much rather some nice rappers getting soulful rather than some buster r&b cats - i like the love below personally

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

^^ nah man fuck that falling off is different, just cause his last work sucked it doesn't damage the dopeness of the 3 classics outkast dropped, nothing can touch that, strictly music. and yea andre3000 and luda are dope

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
pussy-with-teeth
Banned

pussy-with-teeth grasshopper

if u think about it ...kast never fell of

point blank period....stankonia was a sick ass album..it wasnt as good as their first 3 but it was good...falling off means that u drop wack shit

and their last album was not hip hop..thats all...so dont even compare

best outkast track..i dont know but in due time, return of the g, chockyfire and playas are hot ass classic...
pussy-with-teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Hop
I like Andre, I only got Atliens and Stankonia by Outkast ( I had Aquemeni on casette tape but lost it) and I think he's dope, but personally I like Big Boi just a lil better, but yeh Andre iz dope 4sho!
you gotta get Aquemini! Classic!
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
fuck is wrong with ya cats sayin he one of the wackest along with luda ?? yall smokin crack

tha man probably throwed out 3 classics in a row...yall bitchez listen to him spittin on return of the g...that nigga smokes alot of mcs...he in my top 5 fo sure...stop postin bullshit just cause yall saw the hey ya video on mtv...listen to him rapping back then...fuckas
word.
im sayin tho, i liked all his shit and eccenntricities, but he went too far, he should stop singing so much, maybe keep it at a stankonia level, cos hip hop fans wanna hear him spit
he drops a lotta knowledge
both those dudes
outkast got soul
thats sumthin that you aint got, thats why your style is rotten
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

I SAY ANDRE 3000 AS 1 OF THE BEST TO DO IT= NO

yeah he's original but he aint 1 of the best even if he was ill and is a platinum artist

Aquemeni=CLASSIC

but andre is not 1 of the best if u mean top 10

but yeah he's in my top 50 of all time which aint bad

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #10
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

How Many Records Sold Is Platinum?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #11
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Pretty sure Marshall Mathers LP and Get Rich or Die Trying went Diamond. So did Vanilla Ice's shit. and Life After Death is a double cd, so the sales # doubles. So it didn't really sell 10 million. Same with Speakerboxx/Love Below.

but on the thread topic, yeah i love andre 3000
Old 05-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #12
adedwutang
Rap Name: SkiLLs

adedwutang grasshopper

so how much is diamond
adedwutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

alright, I wasn't aware that those #'s were international, I just heard 50 sayin tons of shit about sellin 11 million
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

I Totaly agree, and to add to everything I think he is a musical mastermind. His style is so original, and his lyrics are so colorful; he sored of paints pictures when he rhymes. Def on my top 30 Mc's of all time. By the way always PLATINUM OR MULTI...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #15
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth

I agree with pussy ..Ya'll fell off the dumbtruck