news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default How do emcees remeber ALL of their lyrics for live shows

I mean say youve made albums for 10 years or more, you gotta be a memory God to be able to draw everyword at will for a live show or whatever. I f anyones ever wrote ryhmes or got a rhymes book youll realise that its impossible to remember anythin exactly thats more than 48 hours old.

Ive listeneed to Cuban Linx/Illmatic/ Ironman 1000's of times, but if you said to me ok - "Start reciting all the verses from Halftime" or "say back all the lyrics from Criminology" i wouldnt even be able to remember the first line without recaping

...And i stopped smokin weed 3 years ago...
Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

i don't find it hard at all to memorize songs. one of the first rap songs i heard was "The Real Slim Shady" (yes i was late..) and i haven't listened to that in years, but i can still recite it word for word. as soon as the beat starts playin everythin comes back to memory. maybe that's how they do it too.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
bg357
Master

bg357 grasshopper

mcs are always on tour, they recite their texts all evenings
Old 05-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Dough Snatcher
Veteran Member

Dough Snatcher shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Dough Snatcher Send a message via MSN to Dough Snatcher

I dont find it hard to remember lyrics from music and what not specially when your the type artist that drops ill/memorable punchlines and what not. Take Eminem for example. Now "to me" his fist few albums were pretty hot. and just played them over and over again and listen to them and over time that shit just sticks. I guess artist remember there stuff because its well...just that "there material" there work of art. I see for getting your lyrics as being just like forgetting your own seeds name.

Now the better question is how do Red and Meth remember all of there lyrics cuz them nigga stay fucked up...

"The earth daughter rest her head on my chest
Through the struggle we cuddle under half-moon crest"
Dough Snatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

I think it would be alot easier to memorize it when you actually write it
Old 05-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
I think it would be alot easier to memorize it when you actually write it
kabam, that's exactly it. when you write something down AND recite it you're going to remember it much more better than just from hearing it.

some advice given is that its good to write things down because you remember them better that way, i heard this from some random person kind of so don't quote me on it.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
Luther Large
Veteran Member

Luther Large shaolin monk

yeah it aint that hard but i havnt done it in a while

- AZ

Luther Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #8
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

they do it all the time when on tour

and when its your own stuff it becomes second hand

how does a concert pianist remember all the notes - repeated practice
Old 05-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #9
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

^exatcly, as if remembering words is harder than remembering how to play songs on instruments pssh
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

i memorize alot of my own material...not all tho

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #11
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

Memorization can seem a lot harder than it is. Like I used to act,and had to memorize like 1/8th of a 2 hour script. Seems difficult, but it's really not. Once I practiced it over and over again it came natural. I'm sure emcees are the same way. Plus, how do you know all their lyrics?

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #12
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

sound dependent memory. as soon as the beat comes in, everything comes back. common sense if if you took psychology
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #13
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Good to see a positive real thread. It seems that,yes, there is a time for B.S., but this is really what we should spend a majority of our time doing here. Thinking and helping. There is nothing that I can add to this thread that hasn't been said cept these props^. I wonder about that shit with Mef an Red tho too. As well as with the others that seem to get so faded that they jus make you wonder. None the less, mad respect an peace to all.

One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #14
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3beLuTionAry
sound dependent memory. as soon as the beat comes in, everything comes back. common sense if if you took psychology
hahaha smart ass..
Old 05-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #15
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

When they record thy have to spit it over and over again until they are satisfied with the flow, and the way it goes with the beat. They also write the song and have to herar it over and over while putting the album together. I dont think is hard to remember, plus at shows the song is playing on the background with the lyrics and all, so they have that lead.