news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: killa beez - the swarm
classic 42 37.50%
banger 66 58.93%
average 4 3.57%
mediocre 0 0%
wack 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 AM   #1
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger
Default Killa Beez - The Swarm

I can't believe there is no thread concerning Killa Bees - The Swarm album (1998), one of the certified Wu classics, which introduced us a handful of talented Wu Affiliates.

01. Intro
02. Royal Fam - The Legacy 5/5
03. Sunz Of Man ft. Timbo King - Concrete Jungle 5/5
04. Shyheim & Hell Razah - Co-Defendant 4,5/5
05. Inspectah Deck & Streetlife - S.O.S. 4/5
06. Wu-Tang Clan ft. Streetlife - Execute Them 5/5
07. A.I.G. - Bronx War Stories 4/5
08. RZA ft. Method Man & Killarmy - And Justice For All 5/5
09. Black Knights & Nothstar - Punishment 4/5
10. Ruthless Bastards - Bastards 4,5/5
11. The Beggaz - On The Strength 5/5
12. Ghostface Killah - Cobra Clutch 4/5
13. Remedy - Never Again 5/5
14. Wu-Syndicate - Where Was Heaven? 5/5
15. Cappadonna ft.Ghostface Killah - '97 Mentality 5/5
16. Black Knights & Northstar - Fatal Sting 3,5/5

One of the most underrated albums ever, it's at least 9/10, but I personally rank it 9,5/10...
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
MosHigh
Eternal Member

MosHigh crouching tiger

Yeah, I agree...this album was dope!

"Kiss the pyramid...experiment wit high explosives. I slap box wit Jesus....lick shots at Joseph." - GFK (Daytona 500)
MosHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yes this album was bangin, but I think many people here do recognise it's greatness.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Its Is Mad Dope My Joint Is "and Justice 4 All" And "excute Them" Are Both Classic Cuts Right There

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
ukarema
God Ukarema

ukarema grasshopper

shyt is in my car cd changer right now.
ukarema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #6
dat MF

dat MF grasshopper

Why is every good album a classic?

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
-------
R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)
dat MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
ukarema
God Ukarema

ukarema grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat MF
Why is every good album a classic?
This album for me became a classic after like 6 years of not listening to it and then popppin in my whip again. For the simple fact that alot of wu-fam members made there debut off this album. And after hearing some of there more recent material and you pop in the swarm. You can do the knowledge and appreciate the shit they was spittin on here cuz it was raw. Plus the era that it dropped back in 98 where most of the core wu members were venturing off into otha shit. RZA just started fuckin with other sounds and channeling his bobby digital persona. ODB was fuckin with the neptunes, Method Man started to become 'hollywood' so on and so fourth. But it still shows you on this album how raw each track was whether it'd be a wu-fam member of core member. I think this was a pivotal album @ that point in time.
ukarema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #8
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

I was listening to this album a lot lately and some songs grew on to me. Especially "Cobra Clutch". Although it has a bit annoying sample sounding similar to word "knifes" in Polish, Ghost's flow on this track is just superb. I wish he would rap like this nowadays... Overall 4,5/5 track. Song "Punishment" also grew on to me, now it's like 4,5/5. The Swarm is now definetaly 9,5/10 album. Classic joints on this: "'97 Mentality" (RZA beat is outta this world, Cappa kills it and Ghost brings fire with the chorus), "Where Was Heaven?" (the best Wu-Syndicate track, beat is awesome and lyrics are deep like the Pacific Ocean), "Never Again" (the best Remedy track, very dope beat, I hope that some poeple got education from this track), "On The Strength" (another incredible beaep and very deep lyrics), "Concrete Jungle" (yeah, vintage Wu Banga, Sunz and Timbo rip it), "And Justice 4 All" (siiick Wu-Tang/Killarmy collabo, beat is classic Bobby Digital), "Execute Them" (grimey beat, Wu Generals shine on this as bright as sun) & "Bastards" (classic piano loop and dope rap by Ruthless Bastards). I wonder what has happened to some of the artists included on the CD... Like A.I.G., The Beggaz or Ruthless Bastards. They clearly got some potential
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 AM   #9
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

its not a classic
only a very good album
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #10
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasi View Post
its not a classic
only a very good album
co-sign
Old 07-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #11
McTom
Veteran Member

McTom grasshopper

this album really has to grow on you... i hated it at first, but i love it now... i feel all the songs except that wu-syndicate shit
McTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC IMO. This wu-fam album is single handedly responsible for me falling in love with Wutang and made me want to know more.

We bring nothing but punishment
Like nice be runnin' shit (I always thought they said Black Knights be runnin' shit)
have 'em runnin' quick
Uppercuts is what we coming with
Fuck the government
I grab the mic, that's when the thunder hit
Never love a bitch
Rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pits

This whole album brings back so many memories. For me, its perfect. Wouldn't skip a song and would listen to it anytime.

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Kriszy Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #13
Hellspawn
Guardian of the 1st house

Hellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to Hellspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriszy Substance
ABSOLUTE CLASSIC IMO. This wu-fam album is single handedly responsible for me falling in love with Wutang and made me want to know more.

We bring nothing but punishment
Like nice be runnin' shit (I always thought they said Black Knights be runnin' shit)
have 'em runnin' quick
Uppercuts is what we coming with
Fuck the government
I grab the mic, that's when the thunder hit
Never love a bitch
Rhymes echo throughout the dungeon pits

This whole album brings back so many memories. For me, its perfect. Wouldn't skip a song and would listen to it anytime.
^^co-sign
Hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 PM   #14
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

When I first heard it, I was like man this shit weak, but then like a week later...I was into this shit.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #15
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

this album is not classic. I refuse to put this album into the same league as 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Ironman.....

It's an ok album, it seems like a collection of leftovers. AT least one classic song(Cobra Clutch- Genius!) If you had never heard Wu before that album I can see how it could be a personal classic.

But I think that there should be some objective sense of what is truly classic, and this is not.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote