news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms
Default Did Wu Tang's Music Help You Find Knowledge?

i cant picture black wisdome listening to WU TANG.

Or timbo, lhx, PRINCERAI. ETC.

Last edited by Sicka than aidZ; 06-02-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Sicka than aidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

wu-tang is the result of some intense knowledge man

it takes some deep understandings to produce the kind of shit they produce

for me personally - for a long time - the more i learned the better they became

the way they tell stories

and a shit load of other reasons

plus its the style

helped me learn a lot
Old 06-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
LHX
healthy merking

for the record - the W is the single greatest thing that has ever hit my ears

that shit launches me into outer space

i wont even let myself listen to it no more

when i was goin thru some dark phases i almost convinced myself that there was subliminal messages in it
Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

IM IN A DARK PHase, it sucks
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
LHX
healthy merking

no doubt

dont let them push you on to the pills if you can avoid it
Old 06-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
mashqauck
+-

mashqauck crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to mashqauck

do you think all the wu members believed in their style of knowledge or do you think they may have just followed rza on some of it?
Old 06-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #7
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

First off, Wu-Tang opened a number of mental doors for me.
I got back into chess. Got back into my martial arts training, more for the mental aspects rather than just knowing how to defend myself too. The beats, well, it's hard to put into words.
The beats at first, during "36 Chambers" just got me crazy hyped.
Then around the solo joints, especialy "Liquid Swords", "Ironman",
"Cuban Linx" and "Supreme Clientele", I felt like my soul was being taken to distant lands. Places I'd never been, yet, somehow didn't want to leave from.

Wu-Tang was always more than just music. Wether it's Killah Priest's "Heavy Mental", or Killarmy's "Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars.", there's a lot more going n than what's on the surface.
I feel that's the reason why not only so many artists copy them, but also why the newer wanna-be's, G-Unit for example, try to implement that aura of an unbreakable unit of power. While Wu was always hip-hop, it was also soul, jazz and blues as well. All molded into one final masterpiece.

I think Wu-Tang helped me get a better sense of myself as an all around person. The music made me realise just how much more there was to me, and reminded me of who I once as also. I was always into military strategy and ancient wisdom, but I picked up "The I-Ching: The Book Of Changes.", and "The Art Of War"
based on RZA's praises of those books, and him saying that he incorporates that into his daily life and calculations of events.

As far as the Clan following RZA or not, that's hard to say. It seems like they had a solid foundation within themselves, but that they went to RZA or GZA for advice in matters of moral and spiritual wisdom. It was GZA that originally taught The RZA about the 5% Nation in the first place. Still, it's difficult to say.

Peace
Urban_Journalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #8
My First Timbs
rationalist

My First Timbs drunken mastaMy First Timbs drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicka Than Aidz
i cant picture black wisdome listening to WU TANG.

Or timbo, lhx, PRINCERAI. ETC.
aww man,, dont let my standpoints and philosophy fool u

ive been a die hard wu fan since 93

but yea, my appreciation of wu is what lead me here to KTL

i think back in 1999 i was lookin around the net for wu sites to download some rare stuff (like the bobby digital " do u hear the bells freestyle")

i stumbled across some site ( i think wudynasty or sumthin like that)

that site eventually died and then i discovered this one in 2003 or 2004

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target
My First Timbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by My First Timbs
aww man,, dont let my standpoints and philosophy fool u

ive been a die hard wu fan since 93

but yea, my appreciation of wu is what lead me here to KTL

i think back in 1999 i was lookin around the net for wu sites to download some rare stuff (like the bobby digital " do u hear the bells freestyle")

i stumbled across some site ( i think wudynasty or sumthin like that)

that site eventually died and then i discovered this one in 2003 or 2004
I concur. I didn't come up with "conscience" parents and a very nurturing environment so the Wu was it. "M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN.. M.E.T.H.D.O.D. MAN.. HAY YOU GET OFF MY CLOUD, YOU DON'T KNOW ME AND YOU DON'T KNOW MY STYLE!!!" C.R.E.A.M., all that. RZA hit me off with a lot if info that I didn't get until the year 2K. I use to hit up wudynasty for pics and stuff and around the time Timbs came here I came here. I may seem one way here but don't get it twisted. I use more slang than a little and I'm always with a smile on my face bumping DPz and Kweli. Right now I'm listening to Lib talking about 666.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #10
Rash_o_Mon
Wella Fiend

Rash_o_Mon grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Rash_o_Mon

Wu is responsible for most of my knowledge on life, the music that they make is connected to many things and it made me see life in other ways...
I'll never stop listening to the Wu, also i'm always recruiting new ears to their music...

P.E.A.C.E.

Rash_o_Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:03 AM   #11
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper

They've definitely helped me understand the power and importance of knowledge. Plain and simple.
Popa Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:29 AM   #12
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

peace!

the Wu made me come to this site and made me stumble across KTL, where i learnt a lot about so many different things, from philosophies to things happening in different countries etc.

The Wu also introduced me to Shaolin where ive learnt alot about martial arts and philsopohies from the east surrounding it.

And hey, a lot of knowledge is communicated by the Wu, and by understanding what they are trying to say makes music even better.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #13
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper

I found KTL because of Wu Tang.

Wu Tang- no exaggeration- changed my life. It put in me a thirst for learning at a young age. It kept me curious.

By the time I was 18 I had started reading books on Taoism, Buddhism, started looking into Islam. From there the last four years...I probably read more books than most people will read in there lives. And the saga continued....got into the bible, kabbalah, occultism, the egyptian book of the dead, metu neter. And when I hear a rhyme that shows that rapper has read the same books as me - books most people don't bother with - I feel a real kinship.

And coming on this forum where you can discuss knowledge with people who won't be totally clueless as to what you are talking about is unique for people like us, I feel.

I know that my discussions on the I Ching with LHX probably couldn't even come close to happenin with anyone else on this planet. And we both got sparked on that book by the same U God line "We sing the I Ching vintage."

I am still being refined and have miles to go. But if not for Wu by now I think I would have been a lost cause, for real.
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies View Post
I found KTL because of Wu Tang.

Wu Tang- no exaggeration- changed my life. It put in me a thirst for learning at a young age. It kept me curious.

By the time I was 18 I had started reading books on Taoism, Buddhism, started looking into Islam. From there the last four years...I probably read more books than most people will read in there lives. And the saga continued....got into the bible, kabbalah, occultism, the egyptian book of the dead, metu neter. And when I hear a rhyme that shows that rapper has read the same books as me - books most people don't bother with - I feel a real kinship.

And coming on this forum where you can discuss knowledge with people who won't be totally clueless as to what you are talking about is unique for people like us, I feel.

I know that my discussions on the I Ching with LHX probably couldn't even come close to happenin with anyone else on this planet. And we both got sparked on that book by the same U God line "We sing the I Ching vintage."

I am still being refined and have miles to go. But if not for Wu by now I think I would have been a lost cause, for real.
my answer is almost the same exact thing as this one..

i had listened to Wu since i was like 12 years old (my bro is older and he was into it at first, had all the cds n shit)...but i was always drawn to their music mostly because of the insane beats and the sharp, quick rhymes....i wasnt really understanding alot of what they were saying tho...like i cood recite all their songs but i wood just be saying the words and having no idea what certain shit meant (in Triumph the term "93 million miles away" is used twice and so many ppl dont even take the time to think what that means)..............

a little bit before the Wu Manual came out i had started gettin heavy into alot of Rza's rhymes and shit...like i realized "wait a minute, hes always usin all these acronyms like Arm Leg Leg Arm Head" and stuff...and i started to listen to their music a little deeper....when the Wu Manual came out i really think that shit changed my life..to understand this music that i had been listenin to for so long just completely enhanced the experience..

now im at the point where ive studied and am still studying the I CHing, Tao Te Ching, the Bible, the Quran....im readin the biography of the Prophet Muhammad right now....

also Killah Priests shit hit me real hard to....had me studyin all kinds of shit...

like now...the way i am i can say i truly understand what they mean wen they say "Wu Tang is for the children" and shit like that....its true...to alota ppl it might be hard to get it at first because some of Wu's music is HARD stuff but thats just cuz thats wut these guys grew up with...rough hard lives......but the message is always there.....

even Killarmy....ur average person wood be like "wuts up with these dudes all talkin bout war and violence and killin and stuff??"............one of my fav little lines from the Dirty Weaponry intro: "eternal life is thru the MIND"---Dom P
Old 09-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #15
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and this line sparked somethin for me this first time i heard it:

"dont worry about the weed or pussy I READ BOOKS
im liable to mate ya king with three rooks.."
Rza