0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
The Antagonist
CHAMILLITARY
 
The Antagonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUSTIN TX
Posts: 244
Rep Power: 0
The Antagonist grasshopper
Default The Only Thing Thats Really Killin Hip-Hop...

Is the kind of people that make "Hip-Hop is dying" threads, every fucking day. Its the people that live in their mom's basement and say "G-Unit and all mainstream hip-hop sucks! Lyricism rules!" Who knows what i'm getting at?

There are just so many dumbass wannabe kids nowaday that have no clue but keep trying to talk about "real hip-hop" and they get on these fucking forums because they think they are cool. And they hate all day on anything thats mainstream like its some kind of enemy. Stupid ass kids need to learn respect. And people need to get a clue. You wanna know what hip-hop is, bitch? Really? 50 Cent is real hip-hop. G-Unit is real hip-hop. Those mothafuckas have been on the grind making millions for like 4 or 5 years now. Thats real.

Look I love tight ass underground lyricists as much as the next hip-hop head, but people, you dont have to have tight lyrics to be real. Look, no one on G-Unit is really a tight lyricist, but they do just fine, right? And really, if your one of those people thats saying, "No, fuck all of that shit, rapping about money and hoes and violence." all I gotta say is shut the fuck up and turn your comp monitor off so you can be in complete darkness and just rot away off the face of the earth. These are the people that are killing hip-hop, if anybody.When nerdy motherfuckers that live with their moms start acting like they are real hip-hop and call mothafuckas from the hood getting their grind on and making millions fake, that is when hip-hop is dying. But luckily these dickshits are a minority in the big scheme so its all good.

I could go further and rant about this shit all day, but i'll stop and ask: Who feels what i'm saying here?
The Antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja
 
Orion Nebulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Age: 36
Posts: 2,421
Rep Power: 14
Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta
Default

Yeah I agree with all this stupid "hiphop is dying" threads. I listen to my shit and thats all I care about.

About your comment on whats hiphop and whats not...youre stupid. 50 is real hiphop??? lmaoooo I suggest you shut off your comp and rethink about one of the dumbest comments I ever seen.
__________________

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
Bedlam
Making cream
 
Bedlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Age: 26
Posts: 3,030
Rep Power: 15
Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam
Default

I don't like close-minded people like that, I think they're wrong, but i fail to see how they're killin hip-hop by having their retarded opinion.
__________________
Bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz
.
 
Longbongcilvaringz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,682
Rep Power: 99
Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

co-signage
__________________





Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
Unforgiven
Bloodsport
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 26
Posts: 3,489
Rep Power: 17
Unforgiven grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Unforgiven
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Antagonist
Is the kind of people that make "Hip-Hop is dying" threads, every fucking day. Its the people that live in their mom's basement and say "G-Unit and all mainstream hip-hop sucks! Lyricism rules!" Who knows what i'm getting at?

There are just so many dumbass wannabe kids nowaday that have no clue but keep trying to talk about "real hip-hop" and they get on these fucking forums because they think they are cool. And they hate all day on anything thats mainstream like its some kind of enemy. Stupid ass kids need to learn respect. And people need to get a clue. You wanna know what hip-hop is, bitch? Really? 50 Cent is real hip-hop. G-Unit is real hip-hop. Those mothafuckas have been on the grind making millions for like 4 or 5 years now. Thats real.

Look I love tight ass underground lyricists as much as the next hip-hop head, but people, you dont have to have tight lyrics to be real. Look, no one on G-Unit is really a tight lyricist, but they do just fine, right? And really, if your one of those people thats saying, "No, fuck all of that shit, rapping about money and hoes and violence." all I gotta say is shut the fuck up and turn your comp monitor off so you can be in complete darkness and just rot away off the face of the earth. These are the people that are killing hip-hop, if anybody.When nerdy motherfuckers that live with their moms start acting like they are real hip-hop and call mothafuckas from the hood getting their grind on and making millions fake, that is when hip-hop is dying. But luckily these dickshits are a minority in the big scheme so its all good.

I could go further and rant about this shit all day, but i'll stop and ask: Who feels what i'm saying here?
I agree but I disagree....those kids piss me off though!
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bmore
Age: 29
Posts: 2,169
Rep Power: 15
Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son
Default

Quote:
You wanna know what hip-hop is, bitch? Really? 50 Cent is real hip-hop. G-Unit is real hip-hop. Those mothafuckas have been on the grind making millions for like 4 or 5 years now. Thats real.
I wouldn't exactly call them real hip-hop but damn they have been grindin' for a while now and I've always respected that about them. Music wise/they're effect on hip-hop is another story
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #7
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,709
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

in the grand scheme of things i can classify 50 as hip hop
real hip hop? then youre talkin about gangstarr, black moon, epmd, wu etc
50 i believe has a love for classic hip hop though
why else would he sign mobb deep and mop?
it certainly wasnt to make money lol
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
White_Mouse
student of the culture
 
White_Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in the middle of nowhere
Age: 24
Posts: 1,378
Rep Power: 19
White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)White_Mouse Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to White_Mouse Send a message via Yahoo to White_Mouse
Default

i USED to listen to G-Unit, then i realized 50 didn't even have a decent flow or words to back up his nonexistent one. But his beats are ill (dr. dre is one of the best mainstream producers EVER)
Chamillionare is good too, but his name sounds like a certain Pokemon i remeber, Charmeleon. lol
but mostly manistream rap has nice beats and GAY lyrics, that don't even rhyme!
it's hip-hop though, it's just not my PREFERED FLAVOR.
White_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
The Antagonist
CHAMILLITARY
 
The Antagonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AUSTIN TX
Posts: 244
Rep Power: 0
The Antagonist grasshopper
Default

G-Unit is the essence of hip-hop though. Grinding, getting that money, thats some real shit. Their music? Maybe not so much. I'm not even saying I like 50. I despise shit like "Candy Shop" and hes been weak since Get Rich Or Die, but seriosuly i've got serious respect for G-Unit as a whole. Guys like Banks and Buck have got tight flows and sick deliveries, even if they dont have uber lyrics, and you pair that with that fact they get probably the best beats in hip-hop, they got some serious shit going on. But thats their life. They are getting that fuckin money. They are getting those bitches. Thats real. Thats the essence of hip hop. Get what i'm saying now?

Quote:
but i fail to see how they're killin hip-hop by having their retarded opinion.
I was just trying to make a point to those fucktards by saying if anything is killing it, its them. I dont think hip-hop is dying at all, I think its doing just fine.

Another thing is that I can't stand people who can't just appreciate good ol' bump in your car, bump in the club shit. Not all hip-hop has to be talking about some scientific moral metaphor shit. If i'm driving somewhere or up in a club, I wanna hear fucking Three 6 Mafia!! Not some fucking lyricist. But these people dont get that shit because they dont even leave their house, so they wouldn't know. And they especially dont appreciate these guys making music about a lifestyle they hate because they can't have, because they are fucking losers.
The Antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #10
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chi-Town FOO!
Posts: 2,245
Rep Power: 16
Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta
Default

there is no such thing as real hip hop u stupid mother fuckers how many times must i say this?
__________________
www.myspace.com/djkingmidas1

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #11
snapple
i think i'm high
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on da wave~
Posts: 6,231
Rep Power: 23
snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son
Default

the antagonist is the drip of knowledge in this section
__________________

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:47 AM   #12
Full Metal Kid
I despise your killing.
 
Full Metal Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 0
Full Metal Kid grasshopper
Default

this is all just opinion, all of antagonist's points can be agreed on and they can be argued against, i havent really seen that many "hip hop is dying" threads, but if ppl wanna say such things let them say it, who cares, i mean common dropped an album in 94 called ressurection cuz he thought hip hop needed a ressurection, and now nas is planning to drop an album called "hip hop is dead" so go figure, but it only matters if you think it is dead or not, not what others say
__________________
Like a child I have infinite patience when I write
The victim's dental records showed they loved to bite
Full Metal Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #13
Robert
1%
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Invisible College
Posts: 7,384
Rep Power: 54
Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Money the essence of Hip Hop? That is bullshit.
It never used to be. When NaS dropped illmatic is wasnt about the money, When Mobb Deep did The Imfamous it was for the love of the music, is it just me or when money becomes the main goal of an artist (think Nas, Mobb Deep, Jigga) thier material also becomes far weaker?

I think thats what peeps are saying when they say the term real hip hop, they mean mcs and DJ's that do it for the love of the music and not just to sell a record (though obviously money is necessary) and i think this shows in the final product. So then why would i go cop50 Cents latest commercial record when i could go get Bronze Nazareth or someone else that's got something to say?

I'm not saying commercial rap doesnt hav its place but when that is the dominate type of music in hip hop there's a problem imo.
peace
__________________











Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chi-Town FOO!
Posts: 2,245
Rep Power: 16
Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta
Default

if any artist says they dont do it for money its cause of 1 of 2 things

1) they are lying

2) they have quit trying and decided to do it for the music.

what makes you all think they doin it for the money these days?

they wanna party and they want you to party to their music so how is that making it for the money? and dont say its cause the shit they say.

the old school cats rapped about getting hoes, jewels, and parties too. sooooooo dont be hypocrits.
__________________
www.myspace.com/djkingmidas1

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:11 AM   #15
Punch
Veteran Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,698
Rep Power: 17
Punch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal son
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
Money the essence of Hip Hop? That is bullshit.
It never used to be. When NaS dropped illmatic is wasnt about the money, When Mobb Deep did The Imfamous it was for the love of the music, is it just me or when money becomes the main goal of an artist (think Nas, Mobb Deep, Jigga) thier material also becomes far weaker?

I think thats what peeps are saying when they say the term real hip hop, they mean mcs and DJ's that do it for the love of the music and not just to sell a record (though obviously money is necessary) and i think this shows in the final product. So then why would i go cop50 Cents latest commercial record when i could go get Bronze Nazareth or someone else that's got something to say?

I'm not saying commercial rap doesnt hav its place but when that is the dominate type of music in hip hop there's a problem imo.
peace
Illmatic and Infamous were about money, I mean saying they made that shit for the music is being a little naive.

This Us vs. Them, Real Hip-Hop vs. Pop Rap is really lame. It's all the same shit. G-Unit is saying the same shit as Ghost and Rae and Nas and Biggie and Mobb... The quality maybe different, but tehn again, there are plenty of "underground" rappers, and Wu Fam, that just plain suck.

Hip-Hop isn't dying, it never was.Good Hip-Hop is, and always has been out there. Now there are even more outlets for it, so why can't we all let everyone do what they want, make and listen to the type of music they want. It won't effect you if you don't let it.
__________________
As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
- Kurt Vonnegut


Last edited by Punch; 06-29-2006 at 03:17 AM.
Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one