news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Liquid Lines

Liquid Lines grasshopper
Default Classics?

When the classic albums (Illmatic, Ready To Die, 36 Chambers etc.) were released did everyone know straight away they were classic when they dropped, or did it take time?
Liquid Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

Good question. I would like to know too. Someone please ansewer who was old enough when thes albums came out.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
energizer

energizer crouching tiger

illmatic was pretty much a classic right away but not the same way its portrayed to be today
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

Mobb Deep- The Infamous

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
JackTrippa718JR
Veteran Member

JackTrippa718JR grasshopper

I'm 27 and I bought all these albums around the time they dropped. I wouldn't say that I knew any of them were going to be considered the classics they are today. Because some music is dope right of the bat and a month later it's sitting on the shelve never to be played again and then there's music that drops that's timeless and you will probably bump for the rest of your life. So to answer your question. I didn't know they were going to be considered the classics they are today. I can tell you that these 3 albums were definitly albums that I bumped without skipping any tracks. I knew they were dope albums from beginning to end but didn't know they were going to the timeless classic that they are.
JackTrippa718JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #6
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

well i knew 'the blueprint' was a classic straight away
i remeber everyone was going nuts over it at the time
so i would imagine in that era yall would be maybe even more excited
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote