0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
OTB
LIVE AND UNCUT
 
OTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS
Posts: 1,534
Rep Power: 0
OTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkey
Default whats your thoughts on Psalms 82:6-

open to any1 who wants to drop some science-

peace-
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Visionz
The People's Champ
 
Visionz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 13,656
Rep Power: 50
Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default

We all have the power to shape the world around us creating our own little(sometimes huge) universes. The power to do so comes from a single source.
__________________

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Prophet Picasso
Coming of Age...
 
Prophet Picasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sheol
Age: 31
Posts: 185
Rep Power: 0
Prophet Picasso crouching tiger
Default

We are created in the image of Jah the Creator. We are not all gods, but we are all created to be gods. Many seek to find their godship through empty sources, thus they become false gods to themselves and sometimes others. Most never find God, let alone their own godhood.
Also, I believe this scripture to be literal in that we are not meant to die physically. Although only a few have bypassed death, I believe it is a defeatable enemy of Jah that we can all overcome by the realization of that godpower from Him.
Prophet Picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
OTB
LIVE AND UNCUT
 
OTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS
Posts: 1,534
Rep Power: 0
OTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkey
Default

^true indeed P-

props for your wize and genuine thoughts.

peace fam-
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Ultimate Fist
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,649
Rep Power: 11
Ultimate Fist shaolin monk
Default

You are god because god can do anything anytime. He (or she) has infinite potential and you have every possible attribute a person can have. Don't get caught up in identities because you are everything on a smaller scale. Read up on Tantra.
Ultimate Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
OTB
LIVE AND UNCUT
 
OTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BEHIND SECTION 9 CATHEDRAL'S STAINED GLASS
Posts: 1,534
Rep Power: 0
OTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkey
Default

^nice fzafist-

peace and much respect.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #7
Nickel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
Nickel grasshopper
Default

I want to be Ms.
Rza and Ms. Ghostface and
Ms. Gza. I'm Mza
Nickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #8
Cthulhu
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 812
Rep Power: 10
Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey
Default

Oh please, don't be absurd.

How self-centered does one have to be to think a several thousand-year-old text translated and re-translated millions of times is speaking directly about him?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
Prophet Picasso
Coming of Age...
 
Prophet Picasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sheol
Age: 31
Posts: 185
Rep Power: 0
Prophet Picasso crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Oh please, don't be absurd.

How self-centered does one have to be to think a several thousand-year-old text translated and re-translated millions of times is speaking directly about him?
I respect your perspective, but I wasn't speaking of the verbatim text, but the truth behind the text. Translation bends and confuses facts, particularly in writings thought to be religious. Truth is eternal and unchanging. I feel that these truths not only speak directly about me, but about you as well.
Prophet Picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
Urban_Journalz
HANIF
 
Urban_Journalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Inner Realms of Outer Space
Posts: 2,096
Rep Power: 14
Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Oh please, don't be absurd.

How self-centered does one have to be to think a several thousand-year-old text translated and re-translated millions of times is speaking directly about him?
A translation and a re-writing are two different things.

There are no contradictions in The Psalms or The Book of Proverbs or The Book of Enoch. Just because The Gospels and The Torah have been tampered with, don't assume that all of them are tainted until you check for yourself.
__________________
"Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)
Urban_Journalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #11
Cthulhu
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 812
Rep Power: 10
Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey
Default

What makes you all so sure that

1.) A God exists

2.) The God you worship is the right one?

Leaving the first point alone for a minute, how can you be so sure the Abrahamic God and the scriptures of those religions are the correct ones when you could have easily been born a Buddhist, Mazdasist/Zoroastrian, Jainist, Hindu, or any other among thousands of world religions?


As for the god thing itself, why do you even WANT to believe some nasty gloating omniscient dictator controls every aspect of your life?


Answer the omnipotence paradox:

Could God create a rock that he cannot lift? Or could God kill himself?

If god could not do these things, it would be a compromise to his omnipotence. If he can accomplish these things, it still compromises his omnipotence. The concept of omnipotence defies basic logic itself. And don't come tell me that "God is above logic" as you try to defend your delusions with pseudo-logical hypotheses that you could never even prove with empirical evidence.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
STYLE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
What makes you all so sure that

1.) A God exists

2.) The God you worship is the right one?

Leaving the first point alone for a minute, how can you be so sure the Abrahamic God and the scriptures of those religions are the correct ones when you could have easily been born a Buddhist, Mazdasist/Zoroastrian, Jainist, Hindu, or any other among thousands of world religions?


As for the god thing itself, why do you even WANT to believe some nasty gloating omniscient dictator controls every aspect of your life?


Answer the omnipotence paradox:

Could God create a rock that he cannot lift? Or could God kill himself?

If god could not do these things, it would be a compromise to his omnipotence. If he can accomplish these things, it still compromises his omnipotence. The concept of omnipotence defies basic logic itself. And don't come tell me that "God is above logic" as you try to defend your delusions with pseudo-logical hypotheses that you could never even prove with empirical evidence.
you "logic" is silly to put it nicely

there are major fallacies with this argument.

1. to assume that God can lift anything is absurd. God does not exist in that plane of existence. you are placing human characteristics (as alot of religious texts do) onto God, who is not human.

but to play along....
mass, weight and size are irrelevant to defining Gods power. since God is the creator of such dimensions it is impossible to create such a rock. just like its impossible to asphyxiate yourself by holding your breath. the mechanism, conscious thought, which restricts airflow, is also the mechanism you wish to destroy. so the moment you lose consciousness is also the moment you stop choking yourself.
you look for absolutes where it is impossible to find them.
the only absolute is existence. and contained within that existence is

God Energy Matter and Life .

God being the source of all things
Energy being the preferred mode of transportation of God
Matter being the Physical manifestation of Energy
Life being the sum of all these Parts.

2. It is irrelevant whether you believe in God or not or which God you worship, if you do believe. just like its irrelevant whether you think that rain is condensed moisture from the air or its Gods Tears. If you go outside you will get wet. Just like you can choose not believe in Gravity. but the evidence is all around you.

to believe in gravity is believe in an unseen force between matter. but on the quantum level, matter is nothing but an expression of foam vibration. but yet if that vibration is altered the foam manifests as energy which will not attract. and what is the source of the energy for this continuous vibration if energy itself is created through this vibration?

even stranger still is the phenomenon of an accelerating universe.
science has invented "dark matter", which we are supposed to believe in tho we have no evidence of such a thing, just to prove that the laws of gravity hold true outside of our earthly existence.
even our galaxy does not abide by the laws of gravity. on a galactic scale there is not enough mass to account for the "gravitational pull required to hold this galaxy together and not dissipate into nothingness.

so please mr all knowing self righteous science guy keep your bullshit to yourself. because you obviously have no fucking idea what you are talking about. stop watching videos and start reading books.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #13
ChristO
2.15
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SOUTH PHILA. PA MiddleEast
Posts: 633
Rep Power: 0
ChristO shaolin monk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
What makes you all so sure that

1.) A God exists

2.) The God you worship is the right one?

Leaving the first point alone for a minute, how can you be so sure the Abrahamic God and the scriptures of those religions are the correct ones when you could have easily been born a Buddhist, Mazdasist/Zoroastrian, Jainist, Hindu, or any other among thousands of world religions?


As for the god thing itself, why do you even WANT to believe some nasty gloating omniscient dictator controls every aspect of your life?


Answer the omnipotence paradox:

Could God create a rock that he cannot lift? Or could God kill himself?

If god could not do these things, it would be a compromise to his omnipotence. If he can accomplish these things, it still compromises his omnipotence. The concept of omnipotence defies basic logic itself. And don't come tell me that "God is above logic" as you try to defend your delusions with pseudo-logical hypotheses that you could never even prove with empirical evidence.
too much time wasted on debate. point-blank.
__________________
$%#&!
ChristO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #14
Cthulhu
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 812
Rep Power: 10
Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
A translation and a re-writing are two different things.

There are no contradictions in The Psalms or The Book of Proverbs or The Book of Enoch. Just because The Gospels and The Torah have been tampered with, don't assume that all of them are tainted until you check for yourself.
Not entirely. While a pure re-write accomplishes a different goal than translation, translation itself requires a certain amount of re-writing in order to put the text in to something coherent in the new language. You can't just take Greek and Hebrew words and find their closest English counterparts and stick them in. Translators usually have some degree of poetic, lyrical, or literary skill in order to make the translated text true to the spirit of the original. Furthermore, etymologies change over time, meaning that some ancient words have counterparts in English with drastically differen connotations, so the author has to choose which word best represents what that scripture was trying to get across. That's why theologians are still arguing over whether Sodom and Gomorrah specifically refers to homosexuality itself, or rather to violent sexuality and rape (as the actions of the townspeople would imply).

I say it's pointless and absurd to base your life around an ancient text of mythological stories. By all means, research it. Read it. Take what values you may think useful from it. But the minute you think an all-controlling God created it and will punish you for not following it, you've let yourself be taken by delusion.

You talk about texts that aren't "tampered" with. Unless you are fluent in Hebrew and ancient Greek and have read the original scrolls, I am not inclined to believe you. Why bother cherry-picking what books are God's "REAL" words, when it's far more likely that all the books were written by men and should be viewed in the context of the clannish socieites they lived in.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
Urban_Journalz
HANIF
 
Urban_Journalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Inner Realms of Outer Space
Posts: 2,096
Rep Power: 14
Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Not entirely. While a pure re-write accomplishes a different goal than translation, translation itself requires a certain amount of re-writing in order to put the text in to something coherent in the new language. You can't just take Greek and Hebrew words and find their closest English counterparts and stick them in. Translators usually have some degree of poetic, lyrical, or literary skill in order to make the translated text true to the spirit of the original. Furthermore, etymologies change over time, meaning that some ancient words have counterparts in English with drastically differen connotations, so the author has to choose which word best represents what that scripture was trying to get across. That's why theologians are still arguing over whether Sodom and Gomorrah specifically refers to homosexuality itself, or rather to violent sexuality and rape (as the actions of the townspeople would imply).

I say it's pointless and absurd to base your life around an ancient text of mythological stories. By all means, research it. Read it. Take what values you may think useful from it. But the minute you think an all-controlling God created it and will punish you for not following it, you've let yourself be taken by delusion.

You talk about texts that aren't "tampered" with. Unless you are fluent in Hebrew and ancient Greek and have read the original scrolls, I am not inclined to believe you. Why bother cherry-picking what books are God's "REAL" words, when it's far more likely that all the books were written by men and should be viewed in the context of the clannish socieites they lived in.
First of all, what you're "inclined to believe" makes all of no difference to me and I couldn't care less about it.

You're trying to pass off your opinion as fact, just because you happen to be one of the many people that chooses to make sheer disbelief a matter of pseudo-philosophy.

This thread was made for people to speak upon what they thought this particular verse meant. One thing you disbelievers should remember is that you're not doing harm to anyone but yourself when you speak. Of course, you'll deny this and say you were just "expressing yourself", because admitting to the truth is further from your grasp than anything.

Being fluent in Hebrew or Greek has nothing to do with it, because even if I were, you'd still find a reason to label what was written false. Your whole point of entering this thread was to cause discord. Even if the original scrolls were right in front of you, you'd say something like, "Well, I don't know who wrote it." or "Unless I see God Himself write it, I'm not inclined to believe in it."

Trust me, I smell people like you coming a mile away.

You call them "ancient mythological stories", yet you have no proof of that. All you have to go on, is that since it was a time before you existed, then it must not be true. Or since you can't see, smell and touch it, then it must be myth. You're no different than an atheist, because if a rule or set of rules is given that goes against your habits, customs or inclinations, then it's automatically false because you're too weak to practice self-restraint for the good of your own soul.

You say translators "usually" have....and that may be so, but unlike you, I've actually gone through most of The Scriptures and considering the fact that they were delivered at different times, to different peoples, in different languages, and I still find traces of one in the other, I'm more inclined to believe my instincts because they evolved way before a sometimes over-evaluating brain.

You'd rather follow a theologian than Scripture. See, I'm not like you. You have more faith in man, A creation, than you have in God, The Creator. You put your faith in people who put their faith in science, all the while neglecting to answer the question, "Who do you think GAVE you science to begin with?" Man wasn't born knowing speech, thought and action. It was taught to him as it was taught to his ancestors for generations back.

You speak of all religious sects as groups who practice violence, murder and other atrocities. All you do with that is prove that you're not only ignorant, but another big fan of using sterotypes as a defense to prove your point. If you can even call it a point.

Etymologies change over time? That's just vague and a really poor defence. Some etymologies change over time, and until you can prove that the languages in question, thosee being Hebrew and Greek, have changed between the time that those Scriptures were written and now, save it for those more inclined to follow conjecture and guesses.

You'd rather play in shallow trifles than look at the big picture and connect the dots that are as clear as day. And if that's your fate, then so be it.

You want proof? Proof is all around you as well as inside of you. But mankind, above all else, is ungrateful and contentious. The kind of sign you want is on it's way. So wait for it. Believe me, I'm waiting for it along with you.
__________________
"Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Last edited by Urban_Journalz; 09-15-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Urban_Journalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one