news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
6 Brix
KB

6 Brix crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 6 Brix Send a message via MSN to 6 Brix
Exclamation WTF my itunes

i had like 200 albums and like videos on my itunes and i turned my pc on and nothings there, seems like itunes has restored its self.

has this happend to anyone before ? and is there a way 2 get it back 2 normal without findin all the files and puttin them back on.

what a shitter
Old 09-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

yeah , thats why I dont fuck with iTunes no more. I refuse. I just quit messin with media players on a whole.

You never backed up your files?
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Um, all your music should still be in your assigned Itunes music library file....

So just go there, highlight all the artist's folders, and drag them into Itunes.

(i have a mac, but i assume the same applied for windows...)

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Mr. X
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Mr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal son

It happened to me twice. I have all of my iTunes shit in one general folder though.

File > Add Folder to Library and pick the folder with all your shit in it.

Hope I've helped.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
It happened to me twice. I have all of my iTunes shit in one general folder though.

File > Add Folder to Library and pick the folder with all your shit in it.

Hope I've helped.
it's happen to me twice as well and i had everything backed luckly this time around so i just had to re-up all them

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

try putting them back on itunes? if you have not updated your ipod there is a way to get all your stuff back with a program.

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
6 Brix
KB

6 Brix crouching tiger

just does my head in like, all my tunes are saved in my music > tunes
but for example, saved in folders like. "RZA feat." so its hard 2 get all bk into order.
would help if itunes saved the in the itunes folder album by abum

and i had, playlist like, RZA - Digi Snacks (with the album artwork all sorted)

grrrr... FUCK YOU ITUNES. this shits took me 2 years!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:46 AM   #8
Mr. X
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Mr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brix View Post
just does my head in like, all my tunes are saved in my music > tunes
but for example, saved in folders like. "RZA feat." so its hard 2 get all bk into order.
would help if itunes saved the in the itunes folder album by abum

and i had, playlist like, RZA - Digi Snacks (with the album artwork all sorted)

grrrr... FUCK YOU ITUNES. this shits took me 2 years!
All your music is in 1 folder and then many sub folders right? If it's like mine it goes iTunes > iTunes Music > then assload of folders, right? Just pick the add folder then pick iTunes or iTunes music and then OK and everything in that folder will be upped, instead of each file or each individual folder sepreately you just have it load everything in that folder.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Windows Media Player woulda never done u like that. or Foobar
Old 09-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #10
6 Brix
KB

6 Brix crouching tiger

hmmmm im considerin restorin my whole pc now but i see no point cuz im havin a mac in a few months anyway. shitttt, 2much of a dilema for a saterday niight after drinkin.

i guess its just bad kama, you download music... you itunes fucks its self in the ass...
Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 AM   #11
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

Can you do a media scan on Itunes? I haven't used it since it screwed my computer up
Old 09-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #12
INF
Digital @fterLife

yeah , he's talking about having to tag all the "burnt" stuff again. That shit happens. There is nothing worse than having to sort through and listen to 11 different "track 1"'s.

shit sucks. When you get a new folder from here out just perma tag it so if you do gotta reup it again the info and art will be there.

Perma Tag
Old 09-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ok, im really facetious, so im not sure if anyone else would have the motivation to do this.

But i make a playlist for every album i have.

So if you want to do that, it is a bit quicker setting it up so in your library you get an album view sort of thing (where the album artwork is displayed next to the album in the main library, again, not sure if the latest windows version has this).

Then you can work your way down and drag just the album cover into the playlist section, and it should automatically transfer the title, but editing it isnt hard.

The tags thing makes no sense to me, because i have never had a problem with it.

Do you download tracks individually a lot?

Or something similar?

Because if not, maybe have a look at your setting more closely.

The above probably wasnt very helpful, but i figured it might be to someone.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #14
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Ok, im really facetious, so im not sure if anyone else would have the motivation to do this.

But i make a playlist for every album i have.

So if you want to do that, it is a bit quicker setting it up so in your library you get an album view sort of thing (where the album artwork is displayed next to the album in the main library, again, not sure if the latest windows version has this).

Then you can work your way down and drag just the album cover into the playlist section, and it should automatically transfer the title, but editing it isnt hard.

The tags thing makes no sense to me, because i have never had a problem with it.

Do you download tracks individually a lot?

Or something similar?

Because if not, maybe have a look at your setting more closely.

The above probably wasnt very helpful, but i figured it might be to someone.
THAT'S HOW MY ITUNES IS SET UP AS WELL IT'S BASICALLY ALL ALBUMS AND NOT SONGS I HATE THAT INVIDUAL SONGS SHIT

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

Exactly.