news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: the illest is...
Sweet Love 19 51.35%
Lovin' You 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Sweet Love vs. Lovin' You

yes, the idea came from the "Sweet Love" thread below but anywayz which of these 2 love gems from the Wu do you think is the illest.. both recorded in the second era and both incredible True Master productions.

* Method Man ft. Cappadonna & StreetLife - Sweet Love (Tical 2000)
* Inspectah Deck ft. StreetLife - Lovin' You (Uncontrolled Substance)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

personally i'd have to go with the Deck joint, that one always stood out like crazy to me.. definitely one of the better songs on "Uncontrolled Substance", the beat and the MC's compliments eachother perfect and it definitely makes me think about my baby.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
portis24
NFL MVP

portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

went with sweet love just because it's a little bit more raw
portis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Jutzu-Lo-Killer
THE WU IS OVER

Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

where is love of la the darkman?
that song is better than another 2
i choose loving u
Jutzu-Lo-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ i actually had that in mind when making the thread, love that shit too but I thought I'd go with these 2 since they are strictly from the generals solo's.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

both classics, but Lovin' You is slightly better
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Sweet love gets the close nod....but understand
sweetlove,lovin you, camay,la rumba....all great chic songs, but ain't none fuckin wit
Ice cream(greatest wutang chic song eva)
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

Lovin U is ill, La str8 rips that joint, raw and nasty for the chics

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

sweet love... crazy ass beat
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Deck's track.

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

both beats are ill though sweet love's beat is a bit better. lovin u, however, was a tasteful song about being love struck over a broad while sweet love was just smut rap.

reminds me of ghostface's repugnant verse on projects.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 02-25-2009 at 04:25 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
3rdEyeVizion
-Diamond in the Rough-

3rdEyeVizion iron monkey3rdEyeVizion iron monkey3rdEyeVizion iron monkey3rdEyeVizion iron monkey

Damn that's a tough one, but I chose Lovin You.. that one brings a lot of nice memories
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
SickT
Pretty Toney

SickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkey

Sweet love for me.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
Jutzu-Lo-Killer
THE WU IS OVER

Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

freemurda - i dont know
thats a song like love of la the darkman u could put here
Jutzu-Lo-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

WOW, great fuckin question man...

i gotta go with Sweet Love but i love both these songs..

Lovin' You has a ridiculous beat, mad emotional/energetic and Deck and Darkman just spit so ill over it..

Deck's first verse is one of the best verses on that entire album, just straight up beautiful poetry and (for me at least) it's somethin so easy to relate to, just a short encounter with a mega-beauty that seems like eternity and blows u away and then it's over....and u never see the queen again..

goddamn such a ill song..

but i gotta take Sweet Love, that shit is just amazing.....the BEAT is what appeals to me the most it's just so ridiculously melodic and smooth (but bangin too) and no matter what they would spit over it i think the beat just outshines lyrics.....that's not to take away from the fact that each emcee spit awesome, especially Meth

Last edited by the silencer; 02-24-2009 at 07:15 PM.
the silencer is offline   Reply With Quote