news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Keith Murray Speaks On Album With Canibus, Misconceptions

Keith Murray Speaks On Album With Canibus, Misconceptions
April 20th, 2009 | Author: Jake Paine

After releasing albums that were not the best received, 2007's Rap-Murr-Phobia [click to read] and 2008's Intellectual Violence [click to read], Keith Murray has joined forces with longtime friend and fellow onetime Def Squad affiliate Canibus [click to read] to focus on restoring hard-nosed lyricism in Hip Hop. After Erick Sermon [click to read] initially spilled the beans to MTV News about the project being well underway, the Long Island emcee spoke to HipHopDX about the status and sound of this historic union of '90s masters of simile.

"Me and Canibus have been friends since we both came out in the early-to-mid-'90s, like í95. Weíre real good friends, and he was on ['Some Shit' from 1999's It's A Beautiful Thing]. We were always supposed to do [an album], but the courses of our careers took us in two different directions. So then, I finally got back up with him through a dude named M-80 [click to read], he was doing a tape and putting me and Canibus on the same song...then we decided to do the group, Ďcause our rhyme style is universal and scientific." Keith continued, "This addition to Hip Hop is going to show wordsmith at its finest, like the art of using rapping as a tool to communicate on a universal level."

Talking specifics, Murray added that that the sound of the project is best described as, "We go line for line, from [literary figure] Ichabod Crane to [references to] old Mike Tyson [fights], just bounce off each otherís brains and energy off the beat. Itís just universal. [You will hear] ambiguous metaphors, four syllable words, bouncing around to the beat, stuff like that. And itís very aggressive, very aggressive."

Coming on Sound Records & Entertainment, the collaborative album is almost finished, intended for strategic release after Def Squad affiliates Method Man and Redman release Blackout 2 [click to watch]. Canibus and Keith Murray, presently doing spot dates, hope to be an opening act throughout Red and Meth's subsequent touring.

Performing is something that Murray treasures in his tool-kit. From his Beautiful brand to his role in light-hearted, hardcore Hip Hop group, Def Squad, Murray's music and his personality have led masses to believe he is a nice guy, who can simply be malicious on the microphone. However, stemming from recent interviews, DVD documentaries and high-profile feuds between artists like Prodigy and K-Solo, Keith, who spent a part of his career incarcerated, says his image has been compromised by the media nad industry. "Through the years and things, growing up, I got into some issues that carried over from where I grew up at. Iím an artist, so the things you do like running the streets and getting into the trouble you get into, it carries over. Unfortunately for me, it happened, and then that rep right there gave the media and certain people and things like that, ammunition to really ride with it and really misconstrue who Keith Murray is."

Having performed alongside EPMD, Redman and Method Man at last year's New York stop of Rock The Bells, Murray says he wants the kind of opportunities belonging to a 15 year veteran of releasing acclaimed albums. "Promoters are reluctant to book me for shows because they felt like I may have a temper problem, or [I may] get into it with another artist, or something like that, and become a liability. And this is my work, I take care of my family like this, and my show is great, and thereís not too many people out there that can match my show. Iím like, ĎNah, you donít have to feel that way, give me this shot,í Ďcause thereís this tour coming up and I had a possibility of going. [The promoter] was like, ĎWell, how is his mental? Is he going to be alright, or is he going to be like they say?í"

A clearly hurt Murray defended, "Iíve had people tell me, ĎYo, you saved my life. I was going to committing suicide, and then your record came on, and I realized I ainít have to do it.í All over the world, stuff like that [is told to me], so I just want to tell them, stop hating on Keith Murray! This guyís a smart, respectable guy. But you know, youíve got those phonies that people run with, and me, Iím not really one who been in the press doing much damage control, but now itís time for me to speak out against it because it ainít right." Speaking to radio, media and industry, Keith asserts, "Iím a real essential part to Hip Hop Ďcause I live Hip Hop, and I live for the culture. I represent it, so represent me right, too."

To book Keith Murray and Canibus to perform, contact: tobiaseperry@gmail.com.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

holy shit, we might see this sooner than i thought

im lookin forward to this shit even more now!
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

this will be a sick album!

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I'm not looking forward to the album because i bet the beats are gonna suck. I don't like any of Canibus's albums and Keith hasn't made a good album since Enigma. I do like his Kickin Ass mixtape. I wanna check out his Intellectual Violence mixtape.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I'm not looking forward to the album because i bet the beats are gonna suck. I don't like any of Canibus's albums and Keith hasn't made a good album since Enigma. I do like his Kickin Ass mixtape. I wanna check out his Intellectual Violence mixtape.
u didnt like mic club, rip the jakcer or 2000 bc? wutever man, for whom the beat tolls is pretty good as well upon first listen, and for the kieth and canibus album erick sermon and bronze are handling the production from wut ive herd.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What an unpredictable post by CharlesJones.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

keith murray & canibus? what type of mix is that?

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

^^^a lot of agression like they keith said lol

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
KingMalik

KingMalik crouching tiger

ohhh shit! cant wait for this fire
KingMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

man i hope this album is good

enigma is such an underrated album
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #11
BIG D O
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....
BIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkey

can't wait for this, hope it drops in due time.....Bis' next to Keith for a whole LP.......that shit is epic man.......between this and that Buckshot/Krs album the future looks bright.....

now if we could just get that Premo/Nas joint we were promised.....
BIG D O is offline   Reply With Quote