news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son
Default I slept on this one...wanna talk about underappreciated MCs

heard an old masta ace song today...came home and youtubed masta ace...

just heard this song for the first time.....i like it.....

whats the deal with the album and masta ace? last i heard was a long hot summer....and i really was feeling that CD.....

i feel like masta ace could be the most unrecognized MC in the game....dude does not get the respect he deserves....never understood why he didn't blow up.....

but yea where hes at and how is the album this is on?...

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

masta ace is one of my favourite mc's off all time!!

a long hot summer is in my top 5 albums!
eminem has always admitted to being hugely inspired by MA, so he's pretty well known to the heads but he never really cracked the surface.

this song is on marco polo's album "port authority"
which is just an insane album!!

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Straaaaaaaight slept on.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post

Straaaaaaaight slept on.
See, nobody says shit when I post this.
That's how slept on he is.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Masta Ace was a member of the legendary Juice Crew and dropped his debut in 1990 together with Marley Marl.. since then he puts out lots of quality albums and he's still holding it down; in the '00s he dropped "Disposable Arts" and "Long Hot Summer" + "The Show" with his group EMC.

have Em really admitted that he was that inspired by Ace though, cuz if you listen to old albums from Ace he doesn't sound very similiair. it was first on "Disposable Arts" (2001) that he started using crazy sillabilies like Em, but anywayz he's a legend on the mic and still puts out quality music and that's saying alot!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, i think eminem has always said ace was an influence on him.
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #7
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
yeah, i think eminem has always said ace was an influence on him.
yes he did

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn, never knew Eminem said he was influenced by Ace.

Masta Ace is one of my favourite rappers too, and all his albums are worth getting for different reasons. Ive never heard someone who can flow effortlessy over any beat, but he sounds just as home on old school Marley Marl beats (Take a Look Around) to hardcore east coast (Slaughtahouse) to bass heavy west coast influenced sound (Sitting on Crome) to modern day more souled out beats (A Long Hot Summer). Some of his albums are completly different, yet all are fantastic.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

one of the few golden era greats that improved with age.
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol masta ace, i thought you were gonna come thru with someone more interesting.

i thought you were from new york, snapple?

Anyone have any better REAL underground cats who were forgotten?

I reccomend Milk, never dated album.

the guy in my sig is a good shout
Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

ayo why are you so worried about where i'm from?

ghostlaced i could give a fuck what you're interested in....

this my thread ok.....Masta Ace does not get the props he deserves. thats why i made the thread..i never heard this song before....last thing I heard was Ace was A Long Hot Summer and i woulda never heard it if it wasnt for the internet.i..I'm trying to build here and share good quality music.paying it forword..ace is slept on understand?...

you dont like it? oh well, go make a thread about Milk or Zro or whatever i dont care what you do....

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #12
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
ayo why are you so worried about where i'm from?

ghostlaced i could give a fuck what you're interested in....

this my thread ok.....Masta Ace does not get the props he deserves. thats why i made the thread..i never heard this song before....last thing I heard was Ace was A Long Hot Summer and i woulda never heard it if it wasnt for the internet.i..I'm trying to build here and share good quality music.paying it forword..ace is slept on understand?...

you dont like it? oh well, go make a thread about Milk or Zro or whatever i dont care what you do....
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

Z-ro is well known, atleast in the south he is.

And masta ace is maaaad rode over heard I don't know what you're on snapple. lol
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Cryptic One.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote