news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta
Default The 82nd Academy Awards

I don't really care about this but I finally saw hurt locker and am rooting for it to win some of the big awards. List of nominee's if you wanna keep up on it:

http://oscar.go.com/nominations/nominees
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Buzk
Veteran Member

Buzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal son

watching it right now, I hate all this fashion and pop culture bullshit talk with so called "experts" on the red carpet, get to the point. anyways, I guess Avatar will be doing pretty well this year

Buzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

Christoph Waltz won best supporting actor for inglorious basterds but tarantino lost for best screenplay. i was hoping he'd win
Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Kenny Powers
quik one

I wasnt a huge fan of inglorious. It was entertaining and I liked the storyline but it just was way too long and had too much downtime in the middle
Old 03-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Buzk
Veteran Member

Buzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal son

^ye it was kinda slow paced, but some people like that and some dont, I for one love the movie.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzk View Post
^ye it was kinda slow paced, but some people like that and some dont, I for one love the movie.
yeah me too
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
Kenny Powers
quik one

monique taking down best supporting actress for precious. Shes changing her image completely from token black whore comedian to an actual credible actress. Almost like Queen Latifa
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
Kenny Powers
quik one

the hurt locker ftw. i like it
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

best director shoulda gone to Tarantino
Old 03-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #10
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

how did precious do? do they mention foreign films?

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
Kenny Powers
quik one

yeah check the link.
The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos), Argentina, Directed by Juan José Campanella won for foreign film
Old 03-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #12
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

fucking krayzie that mownique won actress oscar. wow.

never seen hurt locker and I dont really want to I think it was clear to everyone outside of Hollywood Avatar was the best film of the year
Old 03-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #13
Buzk
Veteran Member

hurt locker deserved to win over avatar imo, at least for the category of best film.
I was happy to see Waltz get a prize for supporting act

Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 AM   #14
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

if bullshit like LOTR can win best oscar its a joke that Avatar cant beat fucking "hurt locker"

People hatin on Avatar just because it cost alot of money. what sort of a reason is that not to like a film? its almost as if a film that cost that much to make can never win an oscar.

Fucking hurt locker gimme a break jesus christ. people look back in 10 years no one will give a crap about that film. Wheras Avatar is a landmark in cinematic greatness. I read the producer of Hurt Locker was sending all these emails out to the voters telling them to vote for his film because it cost so much less to make than Avatar. who cares. Avatar was a better film.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:40 AM   #15
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
fucking krayzie that mownique won actress oscar. wow.

never seen hurt locker and I dont really want to I think it was clear to everyone outside of Hollywood Avatar was the best film of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
if bullshit like LOTR can win best oscar its a joke that Avatar cant beat fucking "hurt locker"

People hatin on Avatar just because it cost alot of money. what sort of a reason is that not to like a film? its almost as if a film that cost that much to make can never win an oscar.

Fucking hurt locker gimme a break jesus christ. people look back in 10 years no one will give a crap about that film. Wheras Avatar is a landmark in cinematic greatness. I read the producer of Hurt Locker was sending all these emails out to the voters telling them to vote for his film because it cost so much less to make than Avatar. who cares. Avatar was a better film.
Can you believe this faggot?

I keep saying that Avatar is a blatant rip off of Dances with Wolves and a 400-million piece of shit and this loser keeps insisting it's the greatest thing of all time. What a homo.

Blue people lost. It's time to get over it.

Put the pom poms away...

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote