news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 AM   #16
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
i suppose it all boils down to: where is the mind? is the mind the brain or is the mind a separate thing from the brain?

if it is truly separate than the ceasing of brain functions would not affect your existence.
very good

now !

look at it like this

the brain is yours - its 100% functional

the mind is not yours - you hold 10% of it for a time
Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #17
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post

and where do your thoughts go?
your thoughts go onto paper and into a microphone

onto a screen

into someones ears
Old 01-07-2008, 01:44 AM   #18
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
your thoughts are a function of brain activity. we know this because your thoughts are affected by changes in brain chemistry.

like a radio with a short in its wires
you'll get static
Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #19
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post

do u thnk your eyes see?

can you see without your eyes ?

can you use your eyes to smell things ?

we think then spit out thoughts to transfer them to other places
to be used

like cows eat then shit and we use the shit as fertilizer

thoughts expressed are like this

shit

to be used
Old 01-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #20
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
supposedly some (If not all) insects don't feel pain.

the idea of the mind and brain being one has always made the most sense to me logically, though i've heard psychedelic experiences defy explanation.
the brain is really distributed throughout the body
Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #21
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

If you (impersonal you) wouldn't have any contact with religion or philosophy, would you ever think by yourself that the soul/mind is separate from the brain?
You just think it's separate because other's religions and philosophies stirred confusion and made it look absurd for you to think you simply don't exist after your physical disappearance.
It was all created because of people's fear of nothingness.
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #22
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by begongo View Post
If you (impersonal you) wouldn't have any contact with religion or philosophy, would you ever think by yourself that the soul/mind is separate from the brain?
You just think it's separate because other's religions and philosophies stirred confusion and made it look absurd for you to think you simply don't exist after your physical disappearance.

personally

religion/philosophy didn't influence me to ask the question
not directly any way

the light/sound energy that feed the mind comes from outside the mind

its really much more simple than people wanna make it

those with a robot mentality wanna get all scientifically difficult when its not called for
Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #23
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by begongo View Post

i think that if we were isolated from science religion and philosophy and left to ponder our existance, i think the longest jump would be to the scientific theory. to believe that what "makes you you" is nothing more than a collection of electrical impulses and chemical reactions is absurd.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #24
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

Quote:
i remember a while back i read an article on the internet where a lady said she'd asked her 2 year old daughter if she could remember what it was like being in the womb, her daughter replied "it was like being in a picture frame but no one was in it." or something like that.
SHIIIIIIT, I'm 14 'n I cant build similes like that! Damn.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #25
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
i remember a while back i read an article on the internet where a lady said she'd asked her 2 year old daughter if she could remember what it was like being in the womb, her daughter replied "it was like being in a picture frame but no one was in it." or something like that.
3 problems with this.

1.) It sounds way too good to be true. It sounds very much like a glurge, a feel-good urban legend.

But more importantly,

2.) Even if this is true, are we forgetting that a FUCKING CHILD is saying this? I know everyone likes to think that the innocence of children is something divine and that their whimisical insights are evidence of something higher and more important and it helps us get through the day, but being realistic............... There's a reason why it's so hard to get reliable legal testimonies from children, main reasons being that children are pretty much wired to please adult authority figures (so it's very easy to accidentally - or purposely - lead them to a conclusion) and they sometimes don't have a clear distinction between reality and their own imaginations.

3.) I don't believe for a second that anyone can remember anything from before their birth. A zygote has no fucking brain. Infants don't even have long-term memory.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #26
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

you are a very frustrated young man or woman

are you on you period Cthulhu ?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #27
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

i used to mess around with this girl who said she could remember back to the age of 1.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #28
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
you are a very frustrated young man or woman

are you on you period Cthulhu ?
You seem to think I'm foaming at the mouth whenever I make my posts. I'm just rather cynical and caustic whenever I make replies to things I find incredibly dumb.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #29
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

sunny is just an instigator. Dont pay any mind to eggplant parmigiano
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #30
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

"It is only those who do not seek after life that excel in making life valuable."
-Lao Tzu
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote