news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 08-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #16
Tres.Bo.
sud in a mug foundation

Tres.Bo. sitting duck
Default Re: Wu-Heads Answer This Honestly

january 2003, i used to d/l and listen to popular rap on the radio occasionally but I was 11 going on 14 and used a gift certificate to buy enter the 36 chambers, my first cd ever
Tres.Bo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

I've been into hip-hop for about 2 1/2 years, and I'm not gonna lie, my first hip-hop cd was 50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying (I was 12, gimme a break)
Old 08-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #18
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Wu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken masta

I actually started tuning into Tim Westwood in about 97',but I didn't actually know all of the rappers I just listened to the music and I probably heard alot of Wu-Tang stuff but I wasn't aware of it.But I got into Hip-Hop properly in 1999 and Wu-Tang in 2002.
Wu-tang Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:11 PM   #19
Mr Avarice

Mr Avarice grasshopper

location - London

i first hiphop back in 89/i was just a little kid it affected my state of mind/

yeah fell in love with hiphop when i heard Sugarbear "dont scandalize mine". first rap album i had was a NWA tape my friend gave me and later i got cypress hill - black sunday and 36Chambers -i used to listen to that on repeat for hours!
Mr Avarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #20
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

95, so I was either 12 or coming up for 12. I didnt like music till 1 day my cousin put on 36 chambers while we were sparring and I was instantly a Wu fan. After that I raided his other cds to see wit sounds I liked, and found Biggie. His beats were raw as fuck yet his words made me laugh so I also became a Biggie fan. Others like Busta, Big L (just last year thanks to Ronin and Winte) DMX, Nas, 2pac, Onyx etc; just followed naturally as well as a mission back in time to learn more.

For years I was 1 of the few mofos in Scotland who knew who the Wu were and wit hip hop was. People fae the slums used to just blast hardcore dance shit which gave me a headache n prolly shaped me into the violent person I am today lmao. But credit must go to Eminem. When he blew up, sure he started a master race of wiggas, but he also got a lotta cunts into hip hop in this place. Like dudes smoking weed, once they get into that they look for the harder shit unless they just happy to be a part of wit every1 else is doing / like. Dont get me wrong, you always had yer 2pac, Biggie, Run DMC, Nas fans n shit, but they were harder to find. Now rap has taken over. N through the whole process Wu always been my peoples. Biggie close behind. Peace.

Big Bad Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #21
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

ive always listened to rap but i never actually listened to good music till 2002 (I listen to underground now on general terms)
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #22
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter

98, my first official album was 36 chambers, which was given to me, then i baught Outlawz - Novakane.

i also had compilations i made on my 56k dialup of, tupac, DMX, Xzibit, Alkaholics etc..

alot of people i know were introduced to hip hop by 36 chambers, and it seems that way all over.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #23
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?

Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z

I bought the single for Gangstas Paradise back in 95 or whenever it came out but that was the only hip-hop I had heard until i got Marshall Mathers LP and 2001
Old 08-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #24
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

i'm from Scarborough- Toronto.
Hiphop was always around me cause my sister was into it, and i'd always hear this music she played, but she played a lot of reggae/dance hall too. when i was 9 years old was when i first started watching Hiphop videos, and earlier than that, but i don't think a year earlier, my sister played me a DMX tape and i was right into it. i was just watching the music chanells, and this was when Hiphop was nothing really talked about it, everyone was into rock or boy bands, but i fully got into Hiphop, i chose it over the other music.

i asked a friend what his favourite band is, he said "Limp Bizkit", i said, nahh, mine's Wu-Tang Clan. i had known about Wu-Tang from my sister and kind of liked them, too young to remember, but their Gravel Pit video reminded me of them. the first album i got was Methodman and Redman's Blackout! as a gift, but when my brother started swearing from the CD he got my mom banned parental advisory CDs, so i bought my first CD this year cause i'm old enough and making my own income, Mos Def: The New Danger.
________
Dodge Zeo

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #25
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've Been Into Hip Hop Since The 90's When I Was Ten And Really Got Into It Hard In 92-93 When Dre And Wu Came Out But My Moms And Pops Would Allow Me To Cop The Albums
But My First Lp Was Public Enemy's It Was The One With The Night Of The Living Baseheads Track And 911 Is A Joke Track On It But Can Remember The Fuckin Name Of The Tape(yeah Had Everything On Casettes Back Then)

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:57 PM   #26
odot27
1/2 Of Tha Fella Neez

odot27 grasshopper

i used to be a rocker.... first album i bought was Mos & Kweli - Blackstar, in 2002 - age 12.

I'm from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (Near TO).

i listen to it everyday, i write lyrics, and recently i started beatmaking. Also i'm listenin to Monkey Barz righ' now
Old 08-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #27
THE K-MAN

THE K-MAN grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to THE K-MAN

lovin hip-hop since 1991

first two albums i owned were

Public Enemy-Fear Of A Black Planet
Geto Boys-We Cant Be Stopped
THE K-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #28
O3EY
arsenal f.c.

O3EY crouching tigerO3EY crouching tiger

Well I wasn't serious about it till the 7th. grade, my uncle liked Wu Tang and he had that old "Protect ya neck/method man" tape which was just protect ya neck on one side and method man on the other side. I played that shit untill I was old enough to start buy'n Wu Albums. My parents didn't really like Wu then but my mom's ok with it now. Plus Wu was off in some karate shit which was up my alley since I take karate.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:04 PM   #29
bobbydrza

bobbydrza grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to bobbydrza

I live in the Maryland/DC/Viginia area, Maryland and I really started listening to hip-hop in probably late 94 when I was about 8 years old and I bought tapes instead of CD's at the time and I believe my first few were one of E-40's, Coolio, The Luniz, Bone-thugs, and Lost Boyz, later around 96 my uncle was in his senior year in High School and got me onto somemore real stuff such as Redman, Do or Die at the time, the Roots, 2Pac, Biggie and some others, I am now 18 years old.
bobbydrza is offline   Reply With Quote