news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 02-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default What (Non Hip Hop) Are You Listening To?

if you dont think its well known, maybe post a brief bit of info about it also.

right now, im listening to

Tool - Undertow.

if your into later Tool, this is recommended, quality album

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Currently, I'm listening to Soundgarden's album Superunknown. It's one of the best alternative hardrock albums, also bands...

( I listen to a lot of rock, maybe even more than hiphop...Metallica is my fav. band + I love diff. kind of music, something strange, like Portishead, Daft Punk and others )
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Bucellito 136
Original Nastukao

Bucellito 136 shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Bucellito 136

steel pulse and gregory isaacs all dayz !
Old 02-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Daft Punk - Alive (07)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

live tracks with mixing them over....great stuff
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
Billy Danzenie
Veteran Member

Billy Danzenie crouching tiger

Clutch - Elephant Riders, Pure Rock Fury & Jam Room

They're not what u gonna hear on the radio or nothin', they've got their own style, it can be jazz, metal, anything, and the lyrics are crazy, they tell stories

Go to sleep when your tired and wake up at the same time everyday until you'r legs are more flexible for an intense fight with your local mail carrier
Billy Danzenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
if you dont think its well known, maybe post a brief bit of info about it also.

right now, im listening to

Tool - Undertow.

if your into later Tool, this is recommended, quality album
i can finally say something positive about u.
nice choice in music there. i think i like perfect circles sound a lil better tho. maynard's vocal range shines thru a lil more and more polished.

i'm listenin to some 80s shit atm... billy idol "eyes w/o a face" kajagoogoo "too shy" and tom tom club "genius of love" just played.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Bob Dylan's greatest hits volume 1 whole album

The Drifters-There goes my baby

Other oldies...Love oldies
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
Myke
RIP ODB

Myke shaolin monk

i've been listenin to lots of Choking Victim lately...probably my favorite band out there...
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 AM   #10
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
i can finally say something positive about u.
nice choice in music there. i think i like perfect circles sound a lil better tho. maynard's vocal range shines thru a lil more and more polished.

really?

ive never been into Perfect Circle at all, but ive only heard maybe 5 of their tracks.

ill have to check out some more, but im not really into that kind of rock generally.

Maynard is enough to have a closer look though.

im listening to Justice - Genesis.

my favourite track off the album

Old 02-28-2008, 01:50 AM   #11
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I actually can't get myself to listen to rap what so ever anymore

im listening to a lot of nigerian music

Fela Kuti (A-LOT)

Sonny Okosuns

and various highlife G.O.Ds

as well as experimental psychdelic rock

60's music

and im big into bass guitars, i figured out that the bass guitar samples were what made me like alot of 90s rap
Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Nothing specifically new, but generally:

Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Travelling Wilburys
Paul Simon
Levellers
Carter USM
Leonard Cohen
The Kinks
Led Zeppelin
Dizzy Gillespie
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
Wes Montgomery
Pink Floyd
Massive Attack
Portishead
Tricky
Lamb
Nightmares On Wax
Bruce Springsteen
Janis Joplin
Eddie Cochrane
Fats Domino
Nine Inch Nails
Soundgarden
Therapy?

And loads of old soul.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 02-28-2008 at 02:23 AM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

i could never get into Tricky, i like that kind of music, just dont feel what ive heard of his that much.

i have Maxinquaye.

what album would be recomended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
I actually can't get myself to listen to rap what so ever anymore

im listening to a lot of nigerian music

Fela Kuti (A-LOT)

Sonny Okosuns

and various highlife G.O.Ds

as well as experimental psychdelic rock

60's music

and im big into bass guitars, i figured out that the bass guitar samples were what made me like alot of 90s rap

yeah, i know what you mean.

i get that feeling about hip hop a fair bit.

but i usually just start listening to DJ Shadow or RJD2 or Nightmares on Wax or Guts, which is pretty much hip hop.

i think you need a break from anything, listening to the same shit all the time makes it stale

Old 02-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #14
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i was able to listen to hip hop forever didn't even consider anything else, then all of a sudden i couldn't get myself to listen to it, i had heard all the classics, noting mindblowing was happening and all the new "dope" rappers (kayne, lupe, ortiz, technique) seemed wack to me.

8 diagrams was the dead blow for me lol

well, i think it was making my own CD was the dead blow, then 8 diagrams dropping and sucking allowed me to let go and move on.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #15
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

I love Maxinquaye personally, so I dunno.

He was on Massive Attack's Blue Lines & Protection albums if you've heard them.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote