news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 02-28-2008, 01:43 AM   #16
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah i have both those Massive Attack albums.

i think i just need to give Maxinquaye a few more plays, never really listened to it that well.

i like the beats, Tricky's rhyming does nothing for me though.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #17
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
i was able to listen to hip hop forever didn't even consider anything else, then all of a sudden i couldn't get myself to listen to it, i had heard all the classics, noting mindblowing was happening and all the new "dope" rappers (kayne, lupe, ortiz, technique) seemed wack to me.

8 diagrams was the dead blow for me lol

well, i think it was making my own CD was the dead blow, then 8 diagrams dropping and sucking allowed me to let go and move on.
honestly i havent hardly listened to any wu for about 6 months.

but im still into hip hop, just currently listening to other shit.

a lot of good stuff droped post 2000, it just depends on whether you like unconventional hip hop really.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:55 AM   #18
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just don't like it period, even the ones i like i have a hard time listening to all the way through

actually i like Shaolin Style my Shyheim, Unity by Queen latifia, the Mgm, and Feel me Flow by naughty by nature

but anything else i feel no need to listen to, it sucks cause i rap and doing it feels like forced work so i just don't
Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 AM   #19
STYLE

TSA, what 60's shit u on? u fucks wit the doors? if not, then u need to step ur game up. if so, +1

hall and oates-greatest hits- do u need an explaination...ok...i can't go for that
roni size-new formz -best drum and bass album IMO
radioheads-in rainbows- def the shit right now
curtis mayfield-superfly sndtk- certified pimpery
gil scott heron- give "winter in america" and " we almost lost detroit" a try the dude will have your mind drifting in dreams of revolution
sleepy brown- mr brown- woooo smooth shit
henry mancini- dude just give mr that hugh hefner feeling like i need to slip my silk smoking jacket on.
lauryn hill-miseducation-one of the best soul records evermade
incubus-make yourself-are u kiddin me?
foo fighters-the colour and the shape-it was like kurt's ghost had finally stopped hauting them thru the exorcism of that album.
daft punk-discovery-innovation on wax
cee-lo greene- perfect imperfections- chuuuuch
jamiroquai- space cowboy & travelling without moving- the shit is sonic thc
elvis costello-"psycho" i love this song. its a cover, but the lyrics kill me. "you think i'm psycho don't u momma? i just killed jonny's pup. u think i'm psycho don't momma? u better let them lock me up."
the time- morris day.. that whole prince era sound. classic

i could go on for days.....
Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 AM   #20
STYLE

Quote:
but anything else i feel no need to listen to, it sucks cause i rap and doing it feels like forced work so i just don't
i stopped listening to A LOT of hip hop, because of that. to develop my own style of mcing. and also to get inspiration from other sources. if not you end up channeling the same bullshit they are talking bout.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #21
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

beatles, hendrix, hippy shit in general, but outside of the beatles i couldn't give you names, im a casual listener that likes the sound as opposed to a frequent listener with any knowledge on it

and with everyone i listed im picky, i don't like any beatles songs that weren't on sgt peppers, revolver, or white album for instance
Old 02-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #22
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
i stopped listening to A LOT of hip hop, because of that. to develop my own style of mcing. and also to get inspiration from other sources. if not you end up channeling the same bullshit they are talking bout.
oh yeah, def.

plus it's just not fun anymore for me, its not a challenge and nobody outside of this website knows what im talking about when i rap, plus i used to have a homie boy that i would just go to his basement and we'd attack the whole hip hop thing like musicians, cutting samples, having freestyle sessions, whatever whatever, but he moved and since then anyone that's into hip hop i know is either listening to it or doing it cause it's cool and have no clue what a break beat is, or they're way to fuckin militaristic about it and are huge rap nazis that listen to wack boring shit like aesop rock saying clever sentences for an hour.

Last edited by TSA; 02-28-2008 at 02:13 AM.
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:11 AM   #23
Longbongcilvaringz

Daft Punks - Discovery is essential.

the Doors kill it, their self titled album is a favourite.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #24
STYLE

Quote:
oh yeah, def.

plus it's just not fun anymore for me, its not a challenge and nobody outside of this website knows what im talking about when i rap, plus i used to have a homie boy that i would just go to his basement and we'd attack the whole hip hop thing like musicians, cutting samples, having freestyle sessions, whatever whatever, but he moved and since then anyone that's into hip hop i know is either listening to it or doing it cause it's cool and have no clue what a break beat is, or they're way to fuckin militaristic about it and are huge rap nazis that listen to wack boring shit like aesop rock saying clever sentences for an hour.
understandable.

i got something i want you to peep. i'm typin the thread up now.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #25
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
foo fighters-the colour and the shape-it was like kurt's ghost had finally stopped hauting them thru the exorcism of that album.
you need to hear their last album, the one with the this track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhnmUdmz74

it's cool if u like listening to them
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #26
PoorRighteousTeacher

PoorRighteousTeacher grasshopper

im listening to bob marley shout down babylon
PoorRighteousTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #27
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

I listen to classic rock like Pink Floyd, The Doors and Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin was to rock what Wu-Tang was to hip hop.

As far as modern music, Radiohead is probably the best band out there right now. In Rainbows is really good.

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #28
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyIronman View Post
I listen to classic rock like Pink Floyd, The Doors and Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin was to rock what Wu-Tang was to hip hop.

As far as modern music, Radiohead is probably the best band out there right now. In Rainbows is really good.
i don't kn ow what i was thinking, listen to Zep almost daily. i don't own any albums but i own like 24 mp3s. fav 5 songs dyer maker, over the hills, stairway, levy, black dog.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #29
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

O ya Tool is really good but I havent really listened to them in a while. I feel like theyre too preachy sometimes.
Lateralus and Aenima were their best albums.

A Perfect Circle is really good too probably because of Maynard.

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #30
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
i don't kn ow what i was thinking, listen to Zep almost daily. i don't own any albums but i own like 24 mp3s. fav 5 songs dyer maker, over the hills, stairway, levy, black dog.
They have some almost perfect albums. Led Zeppelin are one of the greatest groups ever!!!
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote