news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: So who is the best Wu-Tang rapper?
Raekwon 19 4.82%
Ghostface 81 20.56%
GZA 82 20.81%
U-God 16 4.06%
Method Man 62 15.74%
Masta Killa 16 4.06%
Inspectah Deck 32 8.12%
RZA 63 15.99%
Ol' Dirty Bastard 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #151
Shadowless-Zombie

Shadowless-Zombie grasshopper

i cant believe meth is still this popular with you guys

GZA takes the cake.

i agree with whoever said RZA is the best artist tho.
Shadowless-Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #152
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

RZa has gotten all these votes cuz when the thread started it was "who is your favorite member" instead of "who's the best rapper" so stuff that had nothing to do with rapping ability such a production could be considered. hell i voted for Gza even though i dont think he's the best. he's still my favorite and look forward to new material from him more than any other member.

method man is lyrically as good as any member, has arguably the best flow in the rap game yet alone the clan, and one of the best deliveries. meth combines excellent lyrical skills with great personality on the mic, something that isnt done too often. the most complete rapper/MC in the game.

taking away his production contributions and just focusing on rap performance i dont see how Rza is ahead of guys like method man, ghostface, raekwon, and deck.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 03-28-2008 at 09:59 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #153
Guarded By Martyrs
Nothing |s What |t Seems

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Because he has a wider diveristy than "method man, ghostface, raekwon, and deck"

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #154
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

ehh, i guess. that doesnt make up for his lackluster lyrical ability and offbeat spattering flow.

even when he tries to bring the knowledge it comes off generic and forced.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 03-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #155
Guarded By Martyrs
Nothing |s What |t Seems

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

As I said before RZA can do what all the other Clan members can do but they cannot do
Everything that he can...

See this is where people have different opinions...

I think RZA's delivery is off the hook...The intensity and hypeness of it is straight raw...
To me...at the same time I can understand how someone could say that GZA's delivery
Is better...more clear and constantly on point like a ticking clock.
It's down to your personal taste.
Sunight is dope...I don't see that as being "Forced"
And I thought that all of his verses on 8-Diagrams were nasty.
I tend to find I prefer the artists who are not "Number 1"
Most heads will always say Ghost or Mef...
But I have always thought RZA was the best and still do...

For example...Iron God Chamber :
I think RZA owns that track but I guess you are gona say Method Man ?

Hells Wind Staff :
I think the same.

NYC Everything:
Method Man got him on that one...hahaha

Again once Digi-Snacks comes out I think a lot of heads will see...

Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 03-28-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #156
THE W
ISRAELITE

Rza has spit very few sick verses since in stereo. most of his verses have been at best decent. nothing Rza has spit post in stereo can touch meth on broken language 08.

Rza wishes he could flow like that.

you really think his verses on life changes and rushing elephants were better than meth on wolves and windmill?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #157
Guarded By Martyrs
Nothing |s What |t Seems

In a word...No.

Method Man owns those two tracks....Especially Windmill
And I don't rate RZA's verse on Life Changes but it's from the heart.

But...
Can Method Man come like RZA did on Sunlight...No
Can Mef come in as many forms as The RZA...No

Granted Method Man is one of the best to ever touch a mic I'm not disputing that
I just think RZA is almost...the perfect emcee (see Holocaust for perfect)

He has come with wild verses since In Stereo...

A Tribute To The 5th Brother
Watch Your Mouth
Head Rush
Take The Sword Pt.1

I always thought Raekwon was better than Ghostaface too...
Looks like that one is up for debate too !!!!!

Hahaha

I'm going to bed now...

PEACE

Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #158
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

whers has the worst opinion of anyone on this board

imo

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #159
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
Rza has spit very few sick verses since in stereo.
Some of his finest material was on Birth of a Prince. A smart guy like you should know that.
Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #160
Dwyck
marXmen - DJ Elite

Dwyck crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Dwyck

It's Whers... And He Seems To Have It Together In His Thought... But Please Feel Free To Enlighten Us With Your Opinion Of What He Said Wrong...
Dwyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #161
THE W
ISRAELITE

im not gonna try and convince anyone to change their mind about who their favorite is, but you cant make a valid argument for Rza over method man. ghostface or deck maybe, but not Rza.

Gza is my favorite member but im not gonna say he's definitively the best.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #162
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Some of his finest material was on Birth of a Prince. A smart guy like you should know that.
finest material?

what verses did he spit on BOAP that can stand next to these verses:

wu gambinos
4th chamber
assassination day
tragedy
impossible
tribute to the 5th brother
triumph

from a lyrical standpoint BOAP was aweful. dude was just fucking around being bobby on that album. even the knowledge and 5% dogma laden "a day to god" and "the birth" were far from lyrically excellent.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #163
Guarded By Martyrs
Nothing |s What |t Seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
whers has the worst opinion of anyone on this board

imo
Hahahahah...
If thats what you think then...I don't know what to say.
At least I have an opinion on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
My thoughts exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwyck View Post
It's Whers... And He Seems To Have It Together In His Thought... But Please Feel Free To Enlighten Us With Your Opinion Of What He Said Wrong...
Thank You.

Quote:

even the knowledge and 5% dogma laden "a day to god" and "the birth" were far from lyrically excellent.
Wow !!!!

"Not Lyrically Exellent"

Thats what I'm saying...Method Man can't bring it like that ?
And those lyrics are quality are they not ?

As you said I am not trying to convince people...
Or change their minds about their favourite rapper
I'm just saying it how I see it.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #164
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN D View Post
^ that's not even remotely as ridiculous as Rae being tied with U-God.....

fuckin true

people dont respect Rae on this board

tied with U-God? bwahhahaha

I had to vote for Ghost though, I think hes a significantly better than anyone else in the clan

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #165
Dwyck
marXmen - DJ Elite

Dwyck crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Dwyck

Quote:
ehh, i guess. that doesnt make up for his lackluster lyrical ability and offbeat spattering flow.

even when he tries to bring the knowledge it comes off generic and forced.
Sorry You Feel That Way... But I Don't Feel Any Of His Verses Are "Lackluster" And The Offbeat Flow Is Intentional And Ill IMO... You Need To Go Listen To His Solos Again Dude... And I'm Sorry If This Sounds A Little Smart Ass And All... But This Is Coming From A Dude Who Has Nintendo Anime Videos In His Sig... And Whatever That Video Is You Currently Sport... Kind Of Hard To Take Your Opinions About A Product From The Hood Seriously... The Abbott Is That Dude... Method Man Is Too... I Just Respect Rza's Diverse Thought And Flow A Little More... And Birth Of A Prince Is The Most Underrated Album On This Forum... Only Thing I Didn't Care For Was Some Of The (Non-Generals) Guest Spots...
Dwyck is offline   Reply With Quote