news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 04-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger
Default Samurai Movies

there are some great samurai movies out there besides Lone wolf and Cub, and 7 Samurai. im a big fan of the genre and wanted to put the word out on some of my favorites and hopefully get put onto some new ones.

the "Twilight Samurai"(2002) a low-ranking samurai, leads a life without glory as a bureaucrat in the mid-XIX century Japan. A widower, he has charge of two daughters (whom he adores) and a senile mother; he must therefore work in the fields and accept piecework to make ends meet. New prospects seem to open up when Tomoe, his long-time love, divorces a brutal husband. However, even as the Japanese feudal system is unraveling, Seibei remains bound by the code of honour of the samurai and by his own sense of social precedences. The consequences are cruel when the clan forces him on an assassination that is his only hope to get his family out of destitution.

"The Yagyu Conspiracy"(1978) Following the death of the second Tokugawa shogun, it is revealed that he was poisoned by retainers of his son Iemitsu in hopes of gaining him the shogunate despite the stammer and birthmark which undermine his respect. Iemitsu and his brother Tadanaga become bitter rivals for the shogunate, and the land is split into factions, eventually erupting into warfare. Iemitsu's mentor, his fencing instructor Yagyu, is fixated upon securing Iemitsu the shogunate and ends up betraying everyone, even his own family, in pursuit of the goal. with Sonny Chiba as Yagyu Jubei.

these are two great movies anyone reccomend any others??

"I donít live in that world. And itís not that I donít live in the present, itís just that I donít fuck with that part of the present state of Hip Hop. Dudes started doing this thing for money instead of the love of Hip Hop, and I donít fuck with them cats." - Kool G. Rap
Homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Azumi.....it's a manga adaption though.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger

i like Azumi it was a good flick, great action and innovative camera work. i heard they made a sequal, i wonder how it stands up to the original.

"I donít live in that world. And itís not that I donít live in the present, itís just that I donít fuck with that part of the present state of Hip Hop. Dudes started doing this thing for money instead of the love of Hip Hop, and I donít fuck with them cats." - Kool G. Rap
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have the sequel, it's a good flick but not as good as the first.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger

i didnt like the cgi sword violence in zatoichi. it just didnt look real enough. it was a decent flick tho.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

zatoichi is by far the best samurai series ever
i dunno iwas raised watchin dem series

you should also check out other cool flicks

samurai fiction, aragami, lady snow blood,
those aint half bad ya know, very hard to find but they are good
if you like the retro stuff then cop The Samurai Collection: Featuring Sonny Chiba
lol

peace

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger

"when the last sword is drawn" is another well detailed period piece about the fall of samurai society, and the last fights between the shogun and the emperor.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Seven Samuari is probably my favorite movie and i've never seen it from beginning to end

cause someone drop a link to some of the movies you hooligans speak of
Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #9
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger

sorry duke most of these movies are either obscure or a lil older, makes it hard to find video links for them. your best bet is to try downloading a torrent of them on mininova.com. PEACE

Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yojimbo

ran

lady snow blood

sanjuro

samurai trilogy
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger

i want to see Sanjuro badly, but its an exspensive DVD. is it worth the hype.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

^ its madddd expensive but its not really worth the 60$
or whatever its priced at
i say download it
afterall its a movie u might watch 2x

other movies i would watch as kid has toshiro mifune in them (the crazy samurai dude in 7 samurai)
hes pretty much the main man for samurai flicks

i like throne of blood its in black and white...its pretty long but its cool to watch

other flicks i recommend with mifune in it

samurai assasin, shoguns samurai, the bushido blade, zatoichi meets yojimbo, samurai rebellion, bandits vs samurai squadron, samurai saga, hidden fortress, .............i dunno..sword of dooom was pretty good

most of those titles are easy to find
my pops has them on vhs...i gotta find a way to transfer them onto dvd or my cpu

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #13
Homebrew
CHICKEN HEAD

Homebrew crouching tiger

the hidden blade is a great movie. cheap dvd too.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #14
rich gannon

rich gannon shaolin monk

samurai fiction was good, another great movie was red shadow which was about ninjas directed by the same guy...somethin miike. takashi?

theres a korean movie called sword in the moon, obviously samurai are from japan so they werent samurai they looked like them tho. real good and real bloody.

http://www.phimhongkong.com/f/forumdisplay.php?f=105

this place has tons of samurai and hk action movies but make sure u get the english subtitles when and if you download somethin. be aware the forum is in chinese but they tell you the english name of the movie for most of them.
rich gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #15
rich gannon

rich gannon shaolin monk

red shadow

The secret warriors of feudal Japan were the Ninja. Sent on impossible missions, the Ninja were trained to work in shadows, gather information and defeat the enemy to build a world of peace. Red Shadow, Blue Shadow and Aska are neophyte ninjas under the tutelage of White Shadow. Their life is a series of perilous missions that entail intrigue, deception and intimidation.

Alternative Title:
Akakage

Format: AVI / DVD Rip
Size: ~700Mb (use HJSPLIT to join)
Runtime: 108 minutes
Audio: Japanese
Subtitle: English Softsub
Year: 2001
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKFDMPED
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVNN0ZYM