news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 04-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Last Airbender: Avatar....Movie Confirmed

HOLLYWOOD, CA – April 16, 2008 – Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies have greenlit the live-action epic adventure “M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender,” which will launch over the Independence Day weekend in 2010, opening on Friday, July 2, 2010.
Shyamalan, the visionary creator of the Oscar®-nominated “The Sixth Sense,” “Signs” and the upcoming “The Happening,” will direct and produce the epic action-adventure based on a script that he penned. Joining him as producers are Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall, who produced the blockbuster “Indiana Jones” and “Jurassic Park” film franchises, Sam Mercer (“The Sixth Sense,” “The Happening”) and Scott Aversano (“Failure to Launch,” “The School of Rock”). Michael DiMartino & Bryan Konietzko, the creators of the popular TV series, “Avatar: The Last Airbender,” that inspired the film, will serve as executive producers.
“I was drawn to the series because of its influences: one being Hayao Miyazaki, said Shyamalan. “I’ve always been a huge fan of Miyazaki’s work. He is one of the greatest storytellers in the world and makes anime films in Japan. His combination of spirituality and super natural elements have brought depth and meaning to his art form. In “The Last Airbender,’ I see an opportunity to make a live-action version of a Miyazaki film.”
“We're delighted to be partnering with Nickelodeon to bring M. Night Shyamalan's vision of “The Last Airbender” to the big screen and to audiences of all ages,” said John Lesher, President, Paramount Film Group.
“M. Night Shyamalan’s exciting vision for a film with the potential of ‘The Last Airbender,’ is another perfect fit for the Fourth of July holiday weekend that we have used to launch such blockbusters as ‘War of the Worlds’ and ‘Transformers,’” said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman, Paramount Pictures.
Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, the live-action feature film is set in a world where human civilization is divided into four nations: Water, Earth, Air and Fire.
The Fire Nation is waging a ruthless, oppressive war against the other three nations. The film’s hero, the reluctant young Aang, is the “Last Airbender” - the Avatar who, according to prophecy, has the ability to manipulate all of the elements and bring all the nations together. Aided by a protective teenage Waterbender named Katara and her bull-headed brother Sokka, Aang proceeds on a perilous journey to restore balance to their war-torn world.
"M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender” promises to be a summer movie for the ages, combining the imagination and visual canvas of the “Lord of the Rings” saga with the action and spectacle of “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.”

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

now this animation to movie shits just goin overboard.....
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Did you even read what I pasted?......this is going to be fucking SICK!!

Method Man
Old 04-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this show is hilarious.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

i heard they got a bit of problems with the name with James Cameron cuz he is doing a movie by the same name "Avatar" and by the looks of the news it seems they lost

im not to hype about this i love the series but everything always end up fuck up when they go flesh

just hope they do a good job atleast to our comfort the creator will be a helping hand and the director is a fan of Miyazaki's work so that helps a lot

by the way i heard Avatar break is almost over episode 14 should be air at the end of this month if not at the beginning of May is called "The Boiling Rock"

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Last edited by RagnaroK; 04-17-2008 at 08:28 AM.
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
i heard they got a bit of problems with the name with James Cameron cuz he is doing a movie by the same name "Avatar" and by the looks of the news it seems they lost

This is why I titled my thread the way I did. The moviw will simply be called "The Last Airbender" but Aang will still be reffered to as the Avatar.

Quote:
im not to hype about this i love the series but everything always end up fuck up when they go flesh
Quote:

just hope they do a good job atleast to our comfort the creator will be a helping hand and the director is a fan of Miyazaki's work so that helps a lot

by the way i heard Avatar break is almost over episode 14 should be air at the end of this month if not at the beginning of May is called "The Boiling Rock"

Yeah im looking forward to the new eps. If you see any for download, up them here.

Method Man
Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

Live action again? Not holding much hope for this film
Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

I think that it should be noted that the plan is to make a trilogy of films, like Lord of the rings it will play out as one big story split into three chapters.

Method Man
Old 04-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son

What is this film gonna cover though? Book 1, 2, 3 or after the 3rd book?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
What is this film gonna cover though? Book 1, 2, 3 or after the 3rd book?
Not really sure exactly, from what I read director M Night is going to use the whole thing and adapt it into a huge 3 movie epic. My guess is each movie will be centered around each kingdom (Water, Earth & Fire). He said that obviously he can't use all of it so what he plans to do is take some of the essential moments and characters from the series, basically the ones that actually pushed the story forward as opposed to those eps that didn't really have much to do with the ongoing plot.

Method Man
Old 04-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #11
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

That sounds promising, but it'll all come down to how he covers the bending