news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #16
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleArmor79 View Post
i am most def a wu fan over anything else, but real hip hop fans cant deny they feelin of ghost and raekwon, that wouldve been a sick duo had it ridden out throughout the years...
Cant agree more,but the originality is what makes Kast special,not that RAGU doesnt have it...And Kast never fell off,they didn't make ATLiens-style-songs wack,they experimented,Dre with the blues,Big Boi with the jazzy thing.The new songs are real dope:Royal Flush is a 4.5 star song (the production is so raw).Art of Storytellin Pt 4 is a mix of ATLiens and Aquemini style,and a 5 star song.They'll return to their roots I believe,and make more shit that will be the proof that they're timeless.So lets start with some favorites-

Top 10 Kast songs

Best album
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #17
InvincibleArmor79
Veteran Member

InvincibleArmor79 grasshopper

one of my all-time fav lines from 3000..

"i came into this world high as a bird... from second-hand cocaine powder, i know it sounds absurd.."

sickness indeed..
Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #18
Chu Tang

Chu Tang grasshopper

fist three are classics ... the rest os good but i guess i like em less

but they re so taelnted , great mic skills, great musicianship, great production, and the minute u hear em u know it s them
Chu Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #19
g_flex
The Dark Matter

g_flex shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to g_flex Send a message via Yahoo to g_flex

dope group, i love that chonkiefire track..'if u think hip hop is dead exhume the body if u aint scared'

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means
g_flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #20
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Big Boi's verse on Flip Flop rock makes me think deep,yet his flow was so deadly throughout the whole song...Especially these lines struck me:

Never judge a person or a book by it's covers
Just because my tone is darker than yours, a little tanner
You never took the time out, examine yourself boi
.. are you black, white, asian?
Indonesian, or Borean - that's black and Korean
We on the same team if we breathin
I jumped off the subject to see if you was seein
that we drop a little science off in every verse
They put that P.A. sticker on it cause they scared we gon' curse
Old 05-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #21
STYLE

these cats are the most creative rap duo ever. 10 years strong....

yo heads slept on speakerboxx, if u get a chance run that shit thru a deep bass system and light one up. that shit will take u all thru the ATL.

they will return to their roots, organized noize, the original prod team (southerplayalistic) will be runnin tha show, new album drops end of this year.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #22
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Outkast sucks and Andre is a weirdo. Only album i like by them is their first one.
its so damn sad that you talk all that shit about improving the ghetto, life in general, etc but when someone is out there trying to drop some real knowledge on folks you don't have the ears to hear it

Quote:
She said, "Why in the club, you don't make it precipate?
You know, make it rain when you could make it thunderstorm?"
I'm like, why? The world needs sun. The hood needs funds
There's a war going on and half the battle is guns
How dare I throw it on the floor
When people are poor
So I write like Edgar Allen to restore
Got a cord, umbilical, attached to a place that can't afford
No landscaping or window draping
what do you thinks he's saying there?? reach your hands up next time maybe you'll catch it

but ontopic-Outkast is one of the greatest groups to ever do it, period. All their records have been atleast real good, the first three are straight up classics

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #23
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i'm embarrassed to say it but i actually don't own any Outkast albums...

i never heard anything from them that i didn't love (first time i heard them was the song with Slick Rick years ago) but i just never went out of my way to pick up any of their cds...i dono why..

but i've been readin up on them a little bit and plan to cop a few of their albums very soon...

i love the threads like this too....this is how i got introduced to the genius of MF Doom and now i've got 3 or 4 of his albums and love em all....
Old 05-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
Ritter
'Section 9'

No dollars wasted bro.Don't cop Idlewild unless you really want to,but the first 5 (Southernplayalisticadillacmusik,ATLiens,Aquemini, Stankonia,Speakerboxxx/The Love Below) are definetly worth it.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #25
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

Especially the first 3 which I think many will agree are their strongest material.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #26
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Mobb Deep is a better rap duo than Outkast because Mobb Deep has better albums than them. A Tribe Called Quest, Whodini, Run DMC are also a better duo than Outkast. Visions Unseen, i do listen to rappers who speak about knowledge like KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Nas, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Geto Boys, Paris. I just don't like Outkast because their music is weird and Andre is weird. I liked them when they first came out but they started doing different music when Atliens came out and that's when i stopped liking them. Plus Andre started acting weird when Atliens came out because he wore a turban in Elevators video LOL. Elevators is a hard song though and i love that beat. Aquemini has a few songs i like but their other albums are terrible. When i first heard Bombs Over Baghdad song, i said what the fuck is that? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #27
Chu Tang

Chu Tang grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Mobb Deep is a better rap duo than Outkast because Mobb Deep has better albums than them. A Tribe Called Quest, Whodini, Run DMC are also a better duo than Outkast. Visions Unseen, i do listen to rappers who speak about knowledge like KRS One, Jeru The Damaja, Nas, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Geto Boys, Paris. I just don't like Outkast because their music is weird and Andre is weird. I liked them when they first came out but they started doing different music when Atliens came out and that's when i stopped liking them. Plus Andre started acting weird when Atliens came out because he wore a turban in Elevators video LOL. Elevators is a hard song though and i love that beat. Aquemini has a few songs i like but their other albums are terrible. When i first heard Bombs Over Baghdad song, i said what the fuck is that? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

modd deep to me died after hell on earth
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #28
Chu Tang

Chu Tang grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
these cats are the most creative rap duo ever. 10 years strong....
cant fuck with that - word
Old 05-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

You didn't like Mobb Deep's Murda Musik album?
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #30
Chu Tang

Chu Tang grasshopper

not really , i remember i bought it eyes closed (not having heard one single track) and was deeply disappointed. to the point i never bought any mobb deep shit again

maybe i should give it another spin ...