news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #16
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

They went with Gyllenhaal because he's ''hot'' right now.

Which persian or other ethnic (for that matter) actor will attract as much customers as him?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:29 AM   #17
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Well Christopher Reeve was an unknown when he took the role of Superman and we all know how that turned out don't we?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Times have changed, they're not willing to take those risks anymore. Atleast mostly not.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #19
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Not true, it's still a common practice, this is just simply a case of lazy casting.

Method Man
Old 05-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #20
Rame
Wu Vatican

Come on, you don't believe that yourself, do you?

They're not going to be lazy with a big budget movie, that's nonsense.

Would you rather make 10 Million with Gyllenhaal or 2 Million with your friend the actor?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
They're not going to be lazy with a big budget movie, that's nonsense.
LOL....you have too much faith in hollywood, it happens more than you think.

Quote:
Would you rather make 10 Million with Gyllenhaal or 2 Million with your friend the actor?
Clearly you don't see the bigger picture, if an uknown is cast in the main role, what they do is that they fill the supporting characters with names, this way they still get what they need in terms of star power yet have a suitable lead.

I have no issue with Jake Gyllenhall as an actor, im sure he will be great in the role because I know he is a great actor, but it was wrong to choose a white actor to play an ethnic role, especially one as obvious as this, my friend wasn't even given the chance to audition for the role which is an utter disgrace quite frankly and im sure other better suited actors wern't given the opportunity either, no they just went to the big star name list and picked Jake out hence the lazy casting. And before you say anything about me exagurating I know for a fact that casting directors use a star name list...see Jessica alba in fantastic 4 for proof.

Method Man
Old 05-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #22
Reiko
King Of The Jungle!

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I love the game and I'm waitin' on it hope they won't fuck this up.

Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #23
Rame
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
LOL....you have too much faith in hollywood, it happens more than you think.

Clearly you don't see the bigger picture, if an uknown is cast in the main role, what they do is that they fill the supporting characters with names, this way they still get what they need in terms of star power yet have a suitable lead.

I have no issue with Jake Gyllenhall as an actor, im sure he will be great in the role because I know he is a great actor, but it was wrong to choose a white actor to play an ethnic role, especially one as obvious as this, my friend wasn't even given the chance to audition for the role which is an utter disgrace quite frankly and im sure other better suited actors wern't given the opportunity either, no they just went to the big star name list and picked Jake out hence the lazy casting. And before you say anything about me exagurating I know for a fact that casting directors use a star name list...see Jessica alba in fantastic 4 for proof.
Hmmm.. if you look at it that way you're probably right, they probably got the best known available actor who could pull it off.

On the other hand, would you do it any different? It will probably still sell better now.

Historicaly it's obviously not right but in the movies it doesn't bother me if they haven't got the right skin color.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Hmmm.. if you look at it that way you're probably right, they probably got the best known available actor who could pull it off.
On the other hand, would you do it any different? It will probably still sell better now.
But will it sell better?..let's take a look at his filmography for a minute, his most successfull film so far was him playing a gay cowboy, his other credits include a small indie flick (donnie darko) a psychological war drama (jar head) and a thriller (zodiac) his closest movie to match the demographic that POP is going to attract would have to be day after tommorow. When you actually look at that history none of those flicks say he has mass box office appeal, in fact POP from what I read is supposed to be his big budget breakout since he didn't get the role in spider-man.

Quote:
Historicaly it's obviously not right but in the movies it doesn't bother me if they haven't got the right skin color.
So you would be ok with a black man playing a chinese kung fu hero and a japanese guy playing an all american?

Method Man
Old 05-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #25
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

if theres no parkour in it
then i dont want to deal with it
coz all the moves he does in the game was done by a pakour person

if ya dont know what parkour is check out the movies from france
yamakasi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCW-Z4qf5A

this one is from district b-13 another movie from france

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01du2W6VJis

peace

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #26
Rame
Wu Vatican

Are you saying they took a list of actors and said:

''Let's take............................................ him!''

??

Which actor would be a better pick?

He did a great job in Zodiac, can't say I watched any of the other movies but he's a good actor. They must've had some reason to choose him.

And yes, I think it will sell better with him in it than a less known persian or darker actor.

About the skin color, I'm sorry, I didn't know you had that much feelings about it.
White and persian (tanned? not sure what to call it) people is totally different than black and yellow or yellow and white. That makes no sense.

What I meant to say is that a white person can play someone who's a bit darker.

You don't have to overreact.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #27
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

if u guys are cryin over the actor
how about
Oded Fehr!!!

THAT DUDE IS AS MIDDLE EASTERN AS THEY COME

PARKOUR OR NUTTIN!!!!!!!!!

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #28
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Are you saying they took a list of actors and said:

''Let's take............................................ him!''

??

Which actor would be a better pick?

He did a great job in Zodiac, can't say I watched any of the other movies but he's a good actor. They must've had some reason to choose him.

And yes, I think it will sell better with him in it than a less known persian or darker actor.

About the skin color, I'm sorry, I didn't know you had that much feelings about it.
White and persian (tanned? not sure what to call it) people is totally different than black and yellow or yellow and white. That makes no sense.

What I meant to say is that a white person can play someone who's a bit darker.

You don't have to overreact.
Who's over reacting?...my response was based according to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
if u guys are cryin over the actor
how about
Oded Fehr!!!

THAT DUDE IS AS MIDDLE EASTERN AS THEY COME

PARKOUR OR NUTTIN!!!!!!!!!
Oded is isreli but he's too old for the role anyway.

Method Man
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #29
Rame
Wu Vatican

Well, I couldn't care less about the cast, I just gave my opinion, you went after me after all posts I made.

About over reacting, I'm not sure if that was the right word, I was talking about the color thing.

Never mind though, this is not worth it, we're obviously not going to agree.

It's all good.