news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't care what anybody says

Signs traumatized me. That shit was creepy. I don't know why, usually horror/thriller movies never bother me but that one got to me. I can't watch it now lol

Unbreakable was a great movie.

Why is nobody mentioning The Sixth Sense? That was classic. I love M Night's shit
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #17
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

So did anybody see this movie this weekend? I saw so far that it got mixed reviews online.

I thought the Sixth Sense was overrated. Stir of Echoes was better and more scary.

Unbreakable was decent, but too short.

Signs was pretty good.

The Village was alright, but the ending was kinda lame.

I didn't see Lady in the Water yet.
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:04 AM   #18
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

here's the basic plot.
earth's vegetation unleashes airborne neurotoxins that cause all those who breathe it to commit violent suicide.

signs was dope, lady in the water was dope, unbreakable... dope.

i loved the village.

i watched 40 mins of "the signal" online before i realized m.night's film was called "the happening" . lol it was not bad i was all into it waiting for the big twist.

anyway i'm never disappointed with m.nights stuff.

yeah signs was hot, so was the village and unbreakable but i wasn't crazy about lady in the water but this looks like a hot movie with theme

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #19
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

I've been a huge fan of M. Knight movies since the get-go. Man how are you guys hatin on Signs, its one of the most suspenseful movies Ive seen. And the Village ending is classic, I dont think a single fucking person could predict what was gonna happen.

As for the Happening, I saw it yesterday and can say it is easily the worst M.Knight movie to date (worse than Lady in the Water). It looks like they completely killed his budget, besides Wahlberg the acting is borderline soap opera, the concept is very good but Knight throws all his cards out on the table from the start and really doesnt further develop the concept. As for all the reviews I've read, I dont think I've seen a good one.

I walked out of the theatre wondering how the fuck M.Knight was possible of making this film, it really is that bad. Oh and if your expecting that huge signature twist, it doesnt come. But dont take it from me, go see it for yourself (or download it, which I definately suggest over paying $10 to see it)
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #20
Tyler Durden
You are not your job

Tyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken masta

Signs/6th Sense/Unbreakable Amazing

The Happening = shit.
Saw it last night.
The Happening, nothing happened.

They had a brillient Idea, executed it badly

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

m kinght is a big dissapointment to me. unbreakable bored me to death. lady in the water kinda sucked. the village was a disappiontment. it wasnt scary.
the happening looks overrated. on the good side the sixth sense is a great movie and I have yet to watch signs.
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #22
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I can see why some bible thumping conservatives didn't like it.
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 AM   #23
PsYkOsUs
Veteran Member

PsYkOsUs crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOsUs

The Happening had a great premise, but like it was said above, could've and should've been executed better. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.. And he needed a 'great' movie after Lady In The Water. And though the acting was good, they came about what was 'happening' too easily, and it didn't feel traumatic or real enough.. The cool thing about it, is plants do this all the time, especially to insects when one species becomes too dominant. It COULD happen to humans, especially with all the genetic enhancement we do to crops and such, but it wouldn't happen that fast and on such a large scale.. and it would take years, or at the very least, a month, to figure out plants were releasing the neuro toxins and how to survive it. Not a day or two.

Those who have something to fall back on, always do.
PsYkOsUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #24
PsYkOsUs
Veteran Member

PsYkOsUs crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to PsYkOsUs

to add another thought.. I think the movie could've been excellent, if he had spanned the story over several years, involving a few sets of main characters in different places around the world in a series of short stories, and ending with a set of characters making the dramatc discovery of what was going on...

Those who have something to fall back on, always do.
PsYkOsUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 AM   #25
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

I forgot to mention, i was completely baffled by the amount of corny scenes in the movie. The scene with the lions looked like it belonged in an indie horror $10k budget flick. Same with the scene where the kids get shot, that shit belonged in a soap opera.

I dont see how you can call the acting good, besides Wahlberg's part.