news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default A Look Back At: Cool World

This is going to be the start of a series of threads looking back at movies that for me left an impression, whether they were good or bad the movies highlighted were the ones that I just never forgot.

First up is Cool World

Starring Brad Pitt, Gabriel Byrne and Kim Bassinger, Cool World was released in 92 and at the time it was considered a disaster by critics. Despite great art and sound design the acting was considered wooden, the animation cheap and a story that was just a mess and loaded with plot holes.

For me as a kid I found the movie to be very engaging, I liked the fact that the animation looked a bit cheap, it was part of it's appeal, while not as sophisticated as Roger Rabbit which came earlier it was still great because it seemed like the anti-Roger Rabbit. A movie that was more adult in nature that featured stripper looking animated females set in a dirty, smoke and booze infested cartoon world, it was at the time just something I had not seen before.

The story is basically about a cartoonist called Jack Deebs (Gabriel Byrne) who unknowingly gets visions of Cool World which he in turn creates in print. When doodle (cartoon) minx Holli Would (Kim Basinger) discovers that she can crossover to the real world if she has sex with a noid (human) she sets out a plan to seduce Jack into sleeping with her. Jack is somehow uncontrollably able to jump between Cool World and the real world which Holli uses to her advantage. Out to stop her is detective Frank Harris (Brad Pitt) the only noid that lives in Cool World, Frank and Jack end up forming an unlikely alliance to stop Holli Would from destroying both worlds due to her actions.

So what were peoples thoughts on this movie?

Do you consider it a cult movie?

Do you think it was a piece of shit?

Discuss...

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Never seen, or even heard about it to be honest. Might have a look at the dvd stores if i can see it.

Wouldnt mind gettin up on her

^sick as FUCK
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Im surprised you've never heard of it, in my view I think it is a bit of a forgotten gem, but then some people may disagree with me.

Method Man
Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, def never heard of it. Is it anything like 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit', the style of film not the story?

^sick as FUCK
Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

The only thing it has in common with Roger Rabbit is that it mixes animation with live action, otherwise they are nothing alike. Read what I wrote it explains all.

Method Man
Old 07-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Durag
RaizaBlade

Yeah, thats what i ment, the live action and the animation. I might pick this up if i see it

^sick as FUCK
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Lmaooo Tauro brought it back. Yeah I remember this flick. I didnt see the whole flick only bits and pieces.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

I recently picked it up on dvd, I bought it on amazon which I found by just doing a random search by chance seeing as I couldn't find it in stores, I just assumed it was deleted, but it turns out here in the uk it's not.

Method Man
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #9
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i loved this film it's so underrated

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
STYLE

saw this again recently online.
great idea poorly executed prolly due to lack of funding.
i like it in a weird sort of way tho.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
saw this again recently online.
great idea poorly executed prolly due to lack of funding.
i like it in a weird sort of way tho.

The movie was littered with all sorts of production problems, wiki has the whole story.

Method Man
Old 07-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #12
TAURO
El Don of this shit

So not alot of people have seen this flick huh?

Method Man
Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #13
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
i loved this film it's so underrated

yeah i loved this flick Tauro now you just sent me on a mission to find this online.....

this is definitely a cult classic in my book

if anyone wants this go to Style's bootleg cinema shack I posted it in there

click the sig if you vatican status

Last edited by NAKHI the SOLORIAN; 07-13-2008 at 10:07 PM.
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #14
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

underrated movie... def. preferred this over roger rabit at the time. much more adult-oriented. i used to love kim basinger during this era and the animated version of her was even better lol. brad pitt creepin up not long after his brief role in Thelma & Louise. nice find Tauro !

Last edited by tekunique; 07-12-2008 at 03:29 AM.
tekunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I finally got think I am gonna upload it for the family

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote