0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Lightbulb The Official Riddle Thread

A thread made for Brain-Tanglers and riddles. Post any riddle or brain teasers you find interesting, or have a problem solving. Let's start...


1) What is yours but is used by everyone else ?

2) What is bought just to be thrown away ?

3) Here's a challenge:

There are 2 guardians at the crossroad of life... and 2 doors. One leads to death, and one leads to life... One guardian is always lying, and the other is always telling the truth.

What single question to ask so we get the correct answer which door leads to life, whoever we ask? You can ask that question only once. To one guardian only, of course.


Add on people.

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 04-15-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
Mic Tyson
Heisman
 
Mic Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Columbus/Los Angeles
Age: 24
Posts: 3,223
Rep Power: 17
Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms
Default

i remember riddle number 3 off yu gi oh but i forgot lol
__________________
Mic Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
i remember riddle number 3 off yu gi oh but i forgot lol
Hahaha.

I remember it from some test.

C'mon people, think.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Trismegistos
Senior Member
 
Trismegistos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 229
Rep Power: 0
Trismegistos shaolin monk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
A thread made for Brain-Tanglers and riddles. Post any riddle or brain teasers you find interesting, or have a problem solving. Let's start...


1) What is yours but is used by everyone else ?

2) What is bought just to be thrown away ?

3) Here's a challenge:

There are 2 guardians at the crossroad of life... and 2 doors. One leads to death, and one leads to life... One guardian is always lying, and the other is always telling the truth.

What single question to ask so we get the correct answer which door leads to life, whoever we ask? You can ask that question only once. To one guardian only, of course.


Add on people.
1) Your name

2) Rubbish bags

3) An excellent riddle from an excellent movie. If you ask one door what the other door would say, never mind which one's truthful or lying, you will automatically get the lie as the answer by default.


Last edited by Trismegistos; 07-17-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Trismegistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trismegistos View Post
1) Your name -

2) Rubbish bags

3) An excellent riddle from an excellent movie. If you ask one door what the other door would say, never mind which one's truthful or lying, you will automatically get the lie as the answer by default.

1) I'm not sure, you'll have to check with whers, he gave me that one.

2) Think again. I thought Rubbish bags myself as soon as I saw it.

3) And yes, that's the answer. Brilliant stuff. Props.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #6
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB
 
beautifulrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 45
Posts: 15,317
Rep Power: 62
beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

#2 unused cellphone minutes
__________________

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

The Einstein Test


Einstein give us a puzzle like this, for he stressed examining assumptions, and once wrote: "The important thing is to not stop questioning."

The Facts:

1) There are 5 houses in 5 different colours

2) In each house lives a person with a different nationality..

3) These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4) No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.


The Hints:

1) The Brit lives in a red house.

2) The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3) The Dane drinks tea.

4) The green house is on the left of the white house.

5) The green house owner drinks coffee.

6) The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8) The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.

9) The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10) The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11) The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12) The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13) The German smokes Prince.

14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15) The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.


The Question:

Who keeps the fish?



2% of the world's population can do this correctly under 15 minutes, with a help of a pen and a paper.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #8
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB
 
beautifulrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 45
Posts: 15,317
Rep Power: 62
beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

the german
__________________

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
the german
That's quick. It took me about 20 minutes to solve it.

Or you googled the solution?
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB
 
beautifulrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 45
Posts: 15,317
Rep Power: 62
beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

no took me 6 minutes with pad and pencil, heres my cheat sheet

1
Norway
Yellow
water
dunhill
cats

2
Dane
blue
tea
blend
horses

3
brit
red
milk
pallmall
birds

4
german
green
coffee
prince

5
swede
white
beer
bluemaster
dogs


I do logic puzzles, sudoku all the time, plus I'm a top internet poker player, I'm all about this shit.
__________________

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

Amazing! ^

This seems like a perfect thread for you, eh? More will come soon
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

http://www.deathball.net/notpron/

You'll love this. A browser riddle series. 80+ puzzles to solve. Each harder than the one before.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #13
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

What's brown and sounds like a bell?
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly
 
Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 20,583
Rep Power: 67
Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
The Einstein Test


Einstein give us a puzzle like this, for he stressed examining assumptions, and once wrote: "The important thing is to not stop questioning."

The Facts:

1) There are 5 houses in 5 different colours

2) In each house lives a person with a different nationality..

3) These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4) No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.


The Hints:

1) The Brit lives in a red house.

2) The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3) The Dane drinks tea.

4) The green house is on the left of the white house.

5) The green house owner drinks coffee.

6) The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8) The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.

9) The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10) The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11) The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12) The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13) The German smokes Prince.

14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15) The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.


The Question:

Who keeps the fish?



2% of the world's population can do this correctly under 15 minutes, with a help of a pen and a paper.

The Norweigian keeps the fish because keeping fish is gay.
__________________
Ghost In The 'Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
Ritter
'Section 9'
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,079
Rep Power: 20
Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
The Norweigian keeps the fish because keeping fish is gay.
OK, get outta here. This is Know The Ledge.

Go back to Gen Chat for Norwegian humor.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one