news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Hip Hop that started on the Street Will always Be #1.

OK im al ittle drunk and fucked right now, but hear me out.

I was thinking on m y way home tonight, how music that started out as true 'street hip hop', I.E music that began its populairty at the 'lowest' level, in the hood, always is the trend setter, and always rises up eventually to take over the game.

CASE IN POINT: THE SOUTHERN RAP EXPLOSION.....

While Southern Joung Jeezy style hiphop has ALOT of haters, it is undountebly the #1 rap genre right now. Why?

Well the short answer is, once again, this is a musical style that was created in the hood, was loved in the hood, and slowly rose up to take over all shit.

JUST LIKE ALL OF THE BEST HIP HOP ALWAYS HAS DONE.

So while backpack underground niggas were still hanging on to old shit, imitating old shit, old loops, old samples, basically just going against the grain of what hip hop has always been about, and wondering why they werent blowing up, niggas from the HOOD in the south were creating NEW shit, NEW styles, NEW sounds.

They set about doing what the hood they were in wanted to hear.

CASE IN POINT 2: 3 FOOT HIGH AND RISING

3 feet high and rising was BIG hood favorite. Cus it was new, fresh, and like nothing that had been before. Hood always has good taste . 36 Chambers was a HUUGE hood smash, for the same reasons. THE HOOD ALWAYS HAS GOOD TASTES.

Bascially, dont deny what the hood ahs chosen for the future of the game, the hood is always right. THe hood is the taste maker and always has been.##

YOU NIGGAS LISTENING TO PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF CALLED 'SLUG' OR 'SAGE FRANCIS' OR OTHER BULLSHIT SAYING ITS 'REAL' HIP HOP - youre wrong, its not, its whiteboi gay rap, that ISNT what the hood wants to hear.

What do you think?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
5thlion
ephraimite

5thlion shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
OK im al ittle drunk and fucked right now, but hear me out.

I was thinking on m y way home tonight, how music that started out as true 'street hip hop', I.E music that began its populairty at the 'lowest' level, in the hood, always is the trend setter, and always rises up eventually to take over the game.

CASE IN POINT: THE SOUTHERN RAP EXPLOSION.....

While Southern Joung Jeezy style hiphop has ALOT of haters, it is undountebly the #1 rap genre right now. Why?

Well the short answer is, once again, this is a musical style that was created in the hood, was loved in the hood, and slowly rose up to take over all shit.

JUST LIKE ALL OF THE BEST HIP HOP ALWAYS HAS DONE.

So while backpack underground niggas were still hanging on to old shit, imitating old shit, old loops, old samples, basically just going against the grain of what hip hop has always been about, and wondering why they werent blowing up, niggas from the HOOD in the south were creating NEW shit, NEW styles, NEW sounds.

They set about doing what the hood they were in wanted to hear.

CASE IN POINT 2: 3 FOOT HIGH AND RISING

3 feet high and rising was BIG hood favorite. Cus it was new, fresh, and like nothing that had been before. Hood always has good taste . 36 Chambers was a HUUGE hood smash, for the same reasons. THE HOOD ALWAYS HAS GOOD TASTES.

Bascially, dont deny what the hood ahs chosen for the future of the game, the hood is always right. THe hood is the taste maker and always has been.##

YOU NIGGAS LISTENING TO PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF CALLED 'SLUG' OR 'SAGE FRANCIS' OR OTHER BULLSHIT SAYING ITS 'REAL' HIP HOP - youre wrong, its not, its whiteboi gay rap, that ISNT what the hood wants to hear.

What do you think?
hip hop didnt start out as street rap it was about having fun an enjoying ya self an beeing u not killin or sellin drugs i remember beeing a kid in the 80s listen to hip hop when it was mad young its always been apart of me an from what i can remember it was always about havin fun with it an beein diffrent an bitin someone elses style is a nono u 22 so u wasnt around for that era i wish u was tho cuz ud have an even better understandin of hip hop an ud love it more now i see u love the down south movemonet an thats kool cuz thats what u like an i escape thru that music so im not hatin its not for me tho maybe when i go out to the clubs but i wont listen to it personally
an yeah u sound drunk lol

Last edited by 5thlion; 09-03-2008 at 09:16 PM.
5thlion is offline   Reply With Quote