news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Original S.I.N.
Classic 9 15.25%
Superior 21 35.59%
Banger 23 38.98%
Average 3 5.08%
Mediocre 1 1.69%
Wack 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #76
Noyz
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Noyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal son

I havent heard too much C Rayz before this, but he's entertaining as hell. He's not as skilled as Bronze or as visual as Priest, but he says some off the wall stuff, and he's just fun to listen to.

'Aim the flamer to your frame and do the macarena'
Noyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #77
racist randy
Don't grab my jacket dunn

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

01: Wise Words Roll
[Produced by Kevlaar 7]

02: The Saga Begins
[Performed by M-80, C-Rayz Walz, 5-Star, Son One, Bronze Nazareth, and Killah Priest]
[Produced by Maja 7th]
The beat on this joint is flames, but the opening verse is wack. M-80 has a bad voice and he just shouldnt rhyme. Hip-Hop isn't for everybody. C-Rayz Walz killed this shit, he should started this joint off for real, this is one of the best verses I've heard from him
"I'm an individual without visual skills
Still critical, Kill build, eyes red
Digging ritual Reels
The blues chill with rhythm moves filling the Bill
When I project the verse I splash a curse;
It's still visual krill's
"

That shit was ill man, the next verse by 5-Star was aiight, nothing really
to special about his verse, he's just rhyming on the track, I like the beat
Switch up on the next verse by Son One, once again the rhyming is cool
nothing memorable, he just played his part on the track, Bronze Nazereth
comes in and shows that he has improved since we last heard him, he killed
his verse, I must say Killah Priest verse was some bullshit, he played around
on that one, that shit was not even right. This could've been way better
but only 2 niggaz bought their A game.
3.5/5

03: Handle The Heights
[Performed by Canibus, M-80, Bronze Nazareth, and Keith Murray]
[Produced by Bronze Nazareth]
Beat is pretty good by Bronze, Canibus is the first to set it off and I just can't get into this guys verse at all, his voice is really bad and it sounds nasty, M-80 does an ok job on this track, although I still think he should be holding a mic at all, Bronze Nazereth does a superb job on this joint and I haven't heard Keith Murray in awhile, lol why does he try to use all these big words in his verses lol, it was still nice but funny. This was a cool track. 3.5/5

04: Come To Life Faster
[Performed by Bronze Nazareth]
[Produced by Purpose]
A Bronze Solo joint, the beat on here is flames, and Bronze just goes in on here, his best effort yet on the album, even though it's only one verse it's all good, beat is flames I don't even mind sitting through this track. 4/5

05: Obey (The Statesmen)
[Performed by Planet Asia, Killah Priest, Son One and C-Rayz Walz]
[Produced by Davey D]
This beat is hot, I think this is the single right here, Planet Asia went in on this joint flowing like crazy
"Money, power, respect, and honor
Nines, ninas and llamas
Niggas with clutches, glocks, stuches and fiending for drama
Crack in the kitchen, smacking the chicken
Attached to the riches, gats on the mission
Never catch me rapping fiction"

That shit was nice, Priest comes in on this joint his verse was flames
except for that Mick/Mic line, but he described himself real rell on here
"Priest is a poet, a preacher, a painter
Preparing pictures for people who are listeners or thinkers"

Son One Killed this joint too, he made a big lyrical leap from the 2nd track
on the album, C-Rayz is all over the place his flow sounds choppy but
it still was acceptable, this joint is a banger.
4/5
06: Soul Position
[Performed by Bronze Nazareth, M-80, Philly, Son One, 5-Star, Kevlaar 7 and C-Rayz Walz]
[Produced by Krohme]What a waste of a beat, this beat is mad nice, look who starts off the track....Wack. The lyrics on here are wack they all could've came better, hook sounds scrambled on here, this was a letdown. 3/5
[B] 07: Daylight
[Performed by Killah Priest, Kevlaar 7 and Bronze Nazareth]
You can already tell it's a Bronze beat by how slow it is (No Offense, but he doesn't make head bangers) Priest starts it off with some good shit, he giving you this Vivid painting and if you a Priest fan you know where he's about to take you (Well you don't cause priest is crazy) Kevlaar is nice on here, his verse could've been longer but it's all good, Bronze takes over and just proves and proves that he's going to be a problem for the up and coming year I gotta give him credit, a great track indeed. 4/5

08: Planet In Peril
[Performed by Killah Priest, C-Rayz Walz and Warcloud]
[Produced by Pro The Leader]
This beat right here is fucking flames, the lyrics are too that's why it's called planet in peril, Killah Priest is spitting his crusaid rap on here and starts it off crazy, the beat is crazy man, C-ray Walz flows on here just right, he goes in on here real crazy, I couldn't even catch his shit lol. Next up we have Warcloud who everyone knows I don't really like his Warcloud style like that, and he doesn't convince me at all, he just raps...not paying attention to the beat or all, the lyrics are alright, they sound like they had potential but he just is rapping to fast and off beat. 3.5/5

09: Interlude 1

10: Killa Bee Swarm
[Performed by Bronze Nazareth, Timbo King,*5-Star and Killah Priest]
Why is 5-Star on here? Anyways Bronze is a beast i'm not even gonna elaborate on it anymore lol. Timbo King comes in and plays around on the mic "We wild out, pull out the Nick Cannon on you" lol come on Bo King, 5-Star voice sounds bad but he manages to flow nice on here, and Killah Priest comes in and does his job, beat by Bronze is Crazy, I'm feeling this joint alot. 3.5/5

11: Keep Hustlin'
[Performed by Killah Priest, M-80, Poe Boy and Son One]
[Produced by Hala-X]
If this was a Killah Priest solo this would've been hot, he goes in on here "Assassins blowing out grey horoscopes that tells tomorrows hopes" that shit was ill, he went in on here, he did need no guest spots on here, Beat is a banger too, Hook sounds weak, and after that the track just goes downhill.... 3/5

12: Think Piece
[Performed by Bronze Nazareth, Killah Priest and C-Rayz Walz]
[Produced by Demo the Monowax and M-Eighty]
I see M-80 had co produced this joint, tell him to keep doing that, this shit is hot, Bronze Nazareth.........I'm not even gonna say no more just listen to him spit on here, Killah Priest kinda goes off on here, spitting pure heat on here, C-Rayz Walz does his thing as well I like the rhyming of one letter on here "V.I.P. vinticated vanishing in vapors" He spits some real vivid shit on here that gets you thinking and the beat is flames. 4/5

13: Top Hat Rap
[Performed by M-80, C-Rayz Walz and Son One]
[Produced by DJ Woool]
This joint is weak right here I'm not even gonna get too deep, I see who produced this joint..the same reason BTSG was boring at times... 2/5

14: Interlude 2
[Produced by Preservation]

15: Rising Sunz
[Performed by Killah Priest, Son One, Born Sun and C-Rayz Walz]
[Produced by Preservation]
The beat on here is Flames, i slept on this joint like crazy i'm not gonna lie to ya'll, I let this joint play and they went on in. Priest set it off nice, Son One sounds better everytime I hear this guy, Born Sun killed this shit with the opening bars, he drops science then he just says fuck it and just throws it at you, C-Rayz comes ill on here too this is my shit indeed. 4/5

16: Dead Flowers
[Performed by 60 Second Assassin, Bronze Nazareth, Killah Priest and C-Rayz Walz]
Good to hear 60 Sec. a Bronze beat of course, I'm not gonna get in too deep on here if you don't know what they spitting about on here then you just lost or as Islord says "You Fucked Up" 4/5

17: Now Or Never
[Performed by Solomon Childs, Son One, 5-Star and M-80]
[Produced by Kevlaar 7]
Beat by Kevlarr is hot, and this is pretty good considering the heavyweight niggaz not on the track (No Offense), last verse is real weak though, fucked up the vibe of the track, this is some reals hit they spit about, he doesn't fit the vibe at all, that's just IMO. 3/5

18: The Almighty
[Performed by Killah Priest]
[Produced by DJ Woool]
Man, they could've gave Priest a better solo track than this, I like what he does with the beat, he goes in on here listen to his verse, you can tell he kinda playing around, but it's still hot. 3/5

Beats - 3.5/5
Lyrics - 4/5
Overall - 3.5/5

This was a good thing to do, a bunch of Mc's doing something like this is definitely a breath of fresh air, you gotta give M-80 credit for that, besides that he should retire. Priest comes nice on here even though he's playing around on some joints, C-Rayz did his thing on here, his rhyme style could be choppy at times but Overall he was hot, 5-Star was ok, he played his part well, and Son One got better with every track.

Last edited by racist randy; 07-02-2013 at 03:59 PM.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #78
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

It's funny, but I think at least one person votes classic on every single poll that ever takes place on this site.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #79
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good album.

Mastering could be better at times.

Atleast a banger.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #80
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Had to listen to this thoroughly before my review (10 plays). Def a banger and recommend any wu-head to pick it up. There are 8 standout tracks on the album and 3 filler tracks. Although the production is ill, it could've been better if they cut some verses from a few songs.

Top 5: Handle The Heights, Obey (The Statesmen), Daylight, Killa Bee Swarm, Rising Sunz

Grade: (3.3/5) B-
Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #81
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

I finally got the album after waiting for my nearest best buy to get it, the album is a banger for sure, fall just a bit short from classic, I wouldve kept the beats strictly Bronze and Preservation. it has alot of replay value which I was afraid it wouldnt have too much with the line-up. Daylight, Dead flowers, Soul positon, handle the heights etc all bangers. I was very happy with this purchase, nuff said. they came thru.

p.e.a.c.e.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #82
OddioPellMell
The Angel of MUSIC

OddioPellMell grasshopper

Fuck i want this cd bad gotta order it here

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXPx1MCafY/[YOUTUBE]
OddioPellMell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #83
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

pmack215 drunken mastapmack215 drunken masta
Send a message via Skype™ to pmack215

LOL....i was actually impressed by M-80's lyrical skills on this. he was much better than i expected. i guess i can see why people dont dig his style. i thought his flow changes were cool & fit the beats/melodies/tempos.....and i was impressed by his lyrical content.

also, i think "now or never" is solomon's best track......EVER!!! yes, i LOVE that beat, & i think this is the most he's actually rhymed on a track. he has that sorta freestyle flow, like cappa, but solomon's flow & voice are better than cappa so it works a lot better for him than for cappa...IMO. to me, cappa NEEDS to go back to rhyming.

c-rayz - wasnt really feeling him at all on this. i just cant follow him.

son-1 - yeah, nice!!!!

bronze - finally impressed me w/ his rhymes. before this album, i thought he was trying too hard & reaching too far in his rhymes. he finally got it on this LP. & the beats - no need to even comment.

KP - as usual, very reliable.....but he seemed kinda....bored, i thought. he seemed like he was unchallenged on this album....& i'm gonna assume it was from his fellow MC's for this project since the beats was nice as hell! i never expected that from KP though since he works w/ so many MC's and joins so many projects. all his verses on here seemed like it was just so easy for him, & he wasnt challenged to do his best.

overall - 8/10 (good job M-80 putting this project together. very respectable carrying on the wu & killa bee name.)

lastly, i think "dead flowers" is overrated, although i did love 60 sec. on it.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #84
Illmatic Hispanic
85 %ER

Illmatic Hispanic crouching tigerIllmatic Hispanic crouching tiger

yeah I was expecting something more, that beat sound like R.A.G.U. from Fishscale, I don't know how some can call this a classic but Its alright. honestly I'm only feeling like maybe 5 songs out of it all. some of the beats were wack, but out of all this garbage Priest shined, "Daylight" is what makes this album worth checking. Priest and Bronze should of just made a new Sunz of Man album with Razah,Shabazz,60 sec, with some clan members,etc. it would make this look like a almighty piece of shit.
Illmatic Hispanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #85
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post

lastly, i think "dead flowers" is overrated, although i did love 60 sec. on it.
60 Second is accually the reason Im not a big fan of that track
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #86
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Some dope lyrics and some dope beats but it doesnt have that some thing about it that makes pushes over the top into greatness.

All the emcees on produce, Priest yet to disappoint, Bronze is fire, C - Rayz has a crazy flo. The others have good shit i just don't really know who they are.

The songs with guests on em, are all ill especially Planet in Peril. All in all dope cd but nothing that makes it a classic.

Overall
4/5
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 AM   #87
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

4/5-not a classic but its worth the 15 i paid for it and thats all that matters

and for some reason i like that top hat joint...dj woool is a good dj but he does need to work on the beats more.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #88
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just realized how crazy C-Rayz Walz verse on Rising Sunz is...

he does the same thing that Gza does on the chorus to Alphabets--rhyming the whole Supreme Alphabet---but does it MUCH better...

the more i listen to this album, the more i catch from this dude...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #89
wutanghk
4th Chamber Killa

wutanghk grasshopper

this album is great, i've been listening to it for a few week.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #90
Demo..the Monowax

Demo..the Monowax grasshopper

Yo,
for all mcs out there i put the think piece instrumental on my myspace page..

myspace.com/demoontherun

you can download it and do your own track just for fun.

peace
demo
Demo..the Monowax is offline   Reply With Quote