news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: suprem clientele
classic 158 76.33%
banger 41 19.81%
average 6 2.90%
mediocre 1 0.48%
wack 1 0.48%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #91
baritone
yeah nigga

baritone crouching tiger

ghost deini sound like some rza shit
"Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA
Quote:
"If I wanted to fly, nigga I'll find a way to fly, nigga"- U-God
baritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #92
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

I remember buying this album, sitting on the floor of my bedroom and blazin some herb, every track just fit perfectly and when Wu-Banga 101 hit and Gza ripped that verse, it was epiphanaic
Old 05-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #93
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Classic album, one to remember....
This is the best way to represent ghost to totally unknown person....
With Ironman, his best album for sure...
Pure classic...

10/10
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #94
Sgt Holly Wood
armynavyairforcemarines

Sgt Holly Wood drunken mastaSgt Holly Wood drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Sgt Holly Wood

undisputed classic!!!
Sgt Holly Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #95
mr. murder

mr. murder grasshopper

Ghost's second best album, to Ironman. Would be most rapper's best album tho
mr. murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #96
tymoney
Knowledge Is Power...

tymoney crouching tiger

Classic but Ironman is better.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #97
Shallah Diamonds
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Shallah Diamonds iron monkeyShallah Diamonds iron monkeyShallah Diamonds iron monkey

I honestly think this album is overpraised
I enjoyed Ironman far more than Supreme Clientele
My favorites on this one were One, Nutmeg, and freakin' Mighty Healthy
the production and the depth of the lyricism on Ironman outweighs this in my books though
Shallah Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #98
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

I listened to Supreme Clientele for the first time today, and I'll give it 8/10, not a bad beat on this and Ghost's delivery is almost immaculate (as immaculate as it gets with Ghostface), but a little bit more variety would have been appreciated.

Not the Classic everyone says it is on first listen, but I wouldn't expect it to hit me on first listen, and I'll definitely give it another go.

P.S.Was it a song on this album that contained 'RZA's most esoteric verse ever' or something?
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #99
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Its tough comparing this to 'Ironman' - they are very different albums. Ironman came out when Wu were at their abosolute peak. Right inbetween Liquid Swords and Forever. Ghost had nearly complete production from RZA and plently of Wu guest spots mainly from Rae and Cappa.

Supreme Clientele came out when many thought Wu were done for. Alot of people think it was Wu's last great release. SC was much more of a Ghostface solo project. (only 2 tracks with Rae and 4 tracks produced by the RZA). Also the production is alot different. Ironman has a very soulful feel to it. alot of keyboards. SC has alot of throw back boom-bap but it also polished and flashy. 'Ironman' has alot of different themes like misogynistic 'Wildflower' posse cuts like 'Assassination Day', 'Winter Warz'. lightspeed raps on 'Daytona 500', and then also tracks like 'Camay'. SC is most characterized by Ghosts' abstract raps. I still dont understand half the lyrics ...but that shit sounded ill!!

Probably the two tracks that separate these albums the most are "All I got Is You" which is the deepest track Ghost has done, and maybe the deepest Wu track ever. Shit is very deep. On the other hand, Cher Chez La Ghost was a club banger, from the Wu ...in 2000!

I really liked the skits from SC. Some the greatest skits ever. The old school cartoon clips like the one in the beginning are classic and really help to set the mood, which is really important for any great rap album.

At the end of the day i think i give 'Ironman' the edge, cuz of bangers like Winter Warz and the realness of 'All I got is you'. But its not easy to do considering the style and significance of SC, where we saw the armor clad superhero of the free world come and make Wu-tang matter once again.

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #100
Mista JpKoff
The Cooker

Mista JpKoff crouching tiger

01 - Nutmeg (5/5)
02 - One (5/5)
03 - Saturday Nite (5/5)
04 - Ghost Deini (3.5/5) im not especially into false singing
05 - Apollo Kids (5/5)
06 - The Grain (3.5/5) dope breakbeat but to me it gets boring
07 - Buck 50 (5/5)
08 - Mighty Healthy (5/5)
09 - Stay True (4/5)
10 - We Made It (3.5/5) idem for false singing
11 - Stroke of Death (2.5/5) nah i can't...
12 - Malcolm (5/5)
13 - Child's Play (5/5)
14 - CherChez la Ghost (2/5) i can't neither
15 - Wu Banga 101 (5/5)

two songs i dont like, three that have minor flaws, everything else is banging. Not sure if i can call this classic... but definitely a Wu-classic

STREET CORNER, by MANO
Mista JpKoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #101
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This album is FAR better than Ironman in everyway. Ironman is dope no doubt, but is just Wu by numbers to be honest, and Ghost is nowhere near his best, and it really falters towards the end.

SC really goes beyond the Wu sound and incorporates so many elements. Musically its insane, and Ghost? Since when did rapping nonesene ever become so dope? He makes absolutly no sense on 'Nutmeg' and 'One' yet it sounds fuckin amazing.

Production can be hard, soulful, abstract, anything, wheras Ironman is just the more hardcore Wu sound which we all heard been done before.

Ironman is the Wu fans favourite, and SC is the more general hip-hop fans favourite, i think.

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #102
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
This album is FAR better than Ironman in everyway. Ironman is dope no doubt, but is just Wu by numbers to be honest, and Ghost is nowhere near his best, and it really falters towards the end.

SC really goes beyond the Wu sound and incorporates so many elements. Musically its insane, and Ghost? Since when did rapping nonesene ever become so dope? He makes absolutly no sense on 'Nutmeg' and 'One' yet it sounds fuckin amazing.

Production can be hard, soulful, abstract, anything, wheras Ironman is just the more hardcore Wu sound which we all heard been done before.

Ironman is the Wu fans favourite, and SC is the more general hip-hop fans favourite, i think.

agree
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #103
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post

I disagree a bit. I dont think its fair to say Ironman is Wu 'by the numbers'. The Wu sound got alot more experimental when u compare it to past albums like Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords. It really wasnt "just the more hardcore Wu sound".

If anything i think Ironman is scattered conceptually where Supreme Clientele is concentrated

On the other hand I think the production on Supreme Clientele is not as diverse really. its alot

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #104
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

both supreme clientele and Ironman are crazy albums.
WE EAT FISH, toss salads and make rap ballads!!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #105
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista JpKoff View Post
01 - Nutmeg (5/5)
02 - One (5/5)
03 - Saturday Nite (5/5)
04 - Ghost Deini (3.5/5) im not especially into false singing
05 - Apollo Kids (5/5)
06 - The Grain (3.5/5) dope breakbeat but to me it gets boring
07 - Buck 50 (5/5)
08 - Mighty Healthy (5/5)
09 - Stay True (4/5)
10 - We Made It (3.5/5) idem for false singing
11 - Stroke of Death (2.5/5) nah i can't...
12 - Malcolm (5/5)
13 - Child's Play (5/5)
14 - CherChez la Ghost (2/5) i can't neither
15 - Wu Banga 101 (5/5)

two songs i dont like, three that have minor flaws, everything else is banging. Not sure if i can call this classic... but definitely a Wu-classic
nice review, but Ghost Deini only 3,5???it definately deserves more
Fright is offline   Reply With Quote