news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 12-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #61
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
*bump*, just stumbled upon this

like i said i have used psychedelics to my personal advantage, but more mushrooms instead of LSD.

i got put on to this cat Terrence Mckenna while i was in high school, and i started reading his books where i got most my ideas about his from.
ppl called him the Timothy Leary of the 90's and he basically was known for talking about how pshychedelics can be used in different ways and experimenting with them himself and writing books nad giving lectures on it. he has several videos on youtube and has wrote a few books which i can recommend.

anyway, he has a theory on what to do while tripping to go through a "spiritual journey" in your mind and come back with information that you realise was in your head the whole time. shit is crazy its hard to explain but he does it pretty good in his books.his theories make sense when u think about, ppl just are not exposed to the shit

anyway, i tripped a couple of times the way he described and some changes i noticed in my mentality was:

- apprecition for nature (trees, fruits, etc)
- open mindedness/interest to other genres of music
- increased vocabulary and ability to articulate
- increased interest on philosophical ideas
- increased creativity
- feeling of infinite wisdom
- decresing self-consciousness
- urge to live/experience new things
- strong urge to change negative aspects of life
- urge to quit smoking ciggerrets lol
- increased appreciation for Art

this is just some of the effects i can think of and put into words

ppl type up "Trip Reports" where they describe their experiences during specific trips. a good site for this and other information about phsychedelcis n shit is www.erowid.org.

holla if u want some good book titles with info in them too

Thanks.

I've never tried it, but wanted to know if anybody tried it with a plan in mind.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #62
Bobby Budknickers
Salute My Sharts

Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dock Ellis died last week. dude was famous for...

...No-hitting the San Diego Padres on June 12, 1970 despite being, as he would claim in 1984, under the influence of LSD throughout the course of the game. Ellis had been visiting friends in Los Angeles under the impression he had the day off and was still high when his girlfriend told him he had to pitch a game against the Padres that night. Ellis boarded a shuttle flight to the ballpark and threw a no-hitter despite not being able to feel the ball or clearly see the batter or catcher. Ellis claims catcher Jerry May wore reflective tape on his fingers which helped Ellis to see his target. Ellis walked eight, struck out six, and was aided by excellent fielding plays by second baseman Bill Mazeroski and center fielder Matty Alou. During the game, Ellis is reported to have commented to his teammates on the bench between innings that he was pitching a no-hitter, despite the superstition that discourages mentioning a no-hitter while it is in progress. Because the no-hitter was the first game of a double header, Ellis was forced to keep track of the pitch count for the night game.

According to Ellis:

I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me.

it's debatable whether he was telling the truth or not, but i believe him. i don't know why, but i do.

dude, had some wild moments in his career, such as...

...Beaning Reggie Jackson in the face in apparent retaliation for Reggie's monstrous home run off Ellis in the 1971 All-Star Game in Detroit.

...Attempting to hit every batter in the Cincinnati Reds lineup on May 1, 1974. In an effort to prove a point to teammates, Ellis hit Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, and Dan Driessen in the top of the first. The clean-up batter Tony Perez avoided Ellis' attempts, instead drawing a walk, and after two pitches aimed at the head of Johnny Bench, Ellis was removed from the game by manager Danny Murtaugh. Ellis' box score for the game reads: 0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K.

...Arguing with and being maced by a Riverfront Stadium security guard on May 5, 1972. The guard claimed Ellis did not identify himself and "made threatening gestures with a closed fist"; Ellis countered that he was showing his World Series ring as evidence of his affiliation with the Pirates.

Rob vs Bob
Bobby Budknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #63
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

Im going to see Sound Tribe Sector 9 tonight, and plan on having a very lovely acid trip. Never had a bad one except on some fungus