news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default A Few Questions to FIFA 09 playaz

Just got it, great game, much better than the new PES, but this is my first Fifa game in about 10 years and some things i need to know i hope some experianced FIFA players can help a nigga out -

1- Shooting. Alot (all) of my shots from outside the box just seem to go right at the goalkeeper. Also alot of shots from side angles seem hard not to hit the keepr. do you put the shooting on semi auto?

2. sometimes my player will dummy the ball thru his legs when I pass it to him. it says in the book this is because i am pressing the LB button, but Im not pressing an buttton, he just does it.

3. when im running down the wing and im into the side of the box, i dont want to high cross it or low cross it, i want to just make a nice pass into a striker, it never lets me! That pass will always be terribly weak unless my striker is totally open.

4. Taking control of players. How do I take control of my player to move him to the ball faster? I think I need to know this esp for online play.

5. Any advice on tackling? Alot fo player on Live seem to be better at taking the ball away, I wonder if theyre doing something im not.

6. How do I set my online team selection default for Live play so I dont have to keep changing the line up before the game?

7. How do I edit position? Say if I just want to move a player more to the left, or if I want to move a full back further up the pitch? I can only see change formation option, i dont want to change formation. I just want to change the position of one or two players.

8. Any more general tips for being a good player?

I have always been a PES STAN for years, I used to hate the idea of FIFA, but after the recent terrible terrible PES 09 and 08, I bought FIFA 09 and I am amazed how much better it has gotten. It is easily a better football game than PES now. Credit to EA for working hard at getting it right.

thnx in advance (my xbox live name is "silentweapons08" btw if you want your ass kicked)
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

1- Shooting. Alot (all) of my shots from outside the box just seem to go right at the goalkeeper. Also alot of shots from side angles seem hard not to hit the keepr. do you put the shooting on semi auto?

Shoot closer to the goal and shoot from different angles, if you come in at an angle to the goal, you have more chance of lobbing the keeper from far out. I didnt even know there was an auto-aim option, fine for me.

2. sometimes my player will dummy the ball thru his legs when I pass it to him. it says in the book this is because i am pressing the LB button, but Im not pressing an buttton, he just does it.

On the PS3, R1 used to be sprint. I always used to hold R1, when i first got the game, holding R1 will make him let it go through his legs. I since realised it was R2 to sprint lol... try looking at the controller menu.

3. when im running down the wing and im into the side of the box, i dont want to high cross it or low cross it, i want to just make a nice pass into a striker, it never lets me! That pass will always be terribly weak unless my striker is totally open.

The longer you hold a button more power you have. Hold pass to send in a low ball, hold lob cross to cross in in high. Its all dependent on the time you hold the button in before you let go.

4. Taking control of players. How do I take control of my player to move him to the ball faster? I think I need to know this esp for online play.

You can control 2 players at once, i think? Click the stick in to move him into place, or tap L1 (on PS3?) to make them sprint on, and use through ball (/\ on PS3) to lay it onto them.

5. Any advice on tackling? Alot fo player on Live seem to be better at taking the ball away, I wonder if theyre doing something im not.

Its just down to timing, sliding is only good for when you cant reach a player. If you hold down conservative tackle and sprint, they will constantly chase the ball for the tackle.

6. How do I set my online team selection default for Live play so I dont have to keep changing the line up before the game?

You can't. Online play is based on squad profiles you download, to keep it fair.

7. How do I edit position? Say if I just want to move a player more to the left, or if I want to move a full back further up the pitch? I can only see change formation option, i dont want to change formation. I just want to change the position of one or two players.

Not sure, i think the amount of stuff they have in the game this isnt an option. You can't schedule training either. You might be able to do something on the custom squad tactics options?

8. Any more general tips for being a good player?

Play alot online.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thanks for that. umm but i saw something with it telling me about my "online squad tactics" which made me think I could custom my online line up?

Im pretty good online already, most games i play are either close games or i win. I seem to hit the post or the bar alot. The only problem I have is the reaction times of players, too often theyre getting caught out while passing. It takes them too long to pass the ball when I press it and before you know it other player has come and taken it off me.

I love all the skills you can do aswell. They can actually be useful at times and it makes the opposing player scared of what youre going to do when dribbling lol
Old 01-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when your players have a slight delay online, its the lag from the internet speed. if its not you, its your opponent. sometimes you get some sick matches in though, with no lag.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

yeah its been mostly ok but I have lost connection or just frozen up totally several times. Its annoying for the fact that when that happens it goes down on my profile as a DNF does not finish games %. I have a 15% DNF and i have NEVER quit a game yet.

Thers something though that really good players Online seem to be alot faster around the pitch and seem to be able to close me down alot faster. Im sure theyre know something secret.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Tage
John W. Henry

i have a 44% DNF.... shit sucks son!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

fifa 09 online is gayyy.
im winning 3-0 against wutage and suddenly ma internet fucks up, EA gives wutage the win...
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
Tage
John W. Henry

^hahaha nah that didnt happen... it was 2-0... and you get the win if you disconnect while winning
Old 01-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

na 3-0, it disconnected whilst ronaldo was doin da robot
ah well...
Old 01-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Anoter one:

How do you shoot free kicks good?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #11
Tage
John W. Henry

^if your on the left side of the goal... make the player face the right post, then hold left and diagonally down and shoot (you decide the power)...

it will dip over the wall and curl in the bottom left corner
Old 01-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
Anoter one:

How do you shoot free kicks good?
I position the angle so that the shooters head touches the crossbar, and shoot it not too strong in the far right or left, depending on your shooters leg.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote