news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

pmack215 drunken mastapmack215 drunken masta
Send a message via Skype™ to pmack215
Default "7 Pounds" from Pro Tools - Whats it mean?

anyone know what the title of the song "7 pounds" is in reference to or what it means? i've always tried to decipher it from listening to the lyrics, but i'm coming up empty. i remember in the "pro tools" promo video that was on YouTube, dreddy mentioned some of the song titles. right after he mentioned "7 pounds" he said something like "... thats a digital, pro tools term right there... for all my producer cats... that know what that means...". the song was originally gonna be titled "7.4".
(anyone know what the "7.4" means?)
here's the link to the dreddy / pro tools vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTd8letLrs

(yeah, i've been listening to pro tools a lot lately.... trying to gain a significant appreciation for it. PT is the only gza solo that i'm not crazy about. after "legend" i was 100% sure that gza was never gonna drop a "disappointing" album. and i'm wrong, so far..... but i REALLY wanna change that, in regards to pro tools. i feel like there's something i'm missing, and if i could figure it out, then i'd have this new perspective on pro tools, and it would finally measure up.)

thanks in advance.
peace.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I recently thought it had reference to the movie with will smith "seven pounds".

I guess not.

Or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
lose it over his soft, gay care-free posts are suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Danny Kid View Post
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

^^I doubt it.

But the film title itself is a reference to the Merchant of Venice and the payment of 7 pounds of flesh.

Would that help in any way perhaps?
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the human brain weighs seven pounds
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

7 pounds the movie came out after the album im pretty sure, maybe Gza foretold that like he foretold his trip to mcdonalds.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
the human brain weighs seven pounds
^^^ thats what i thought it was, as i've heard that before. plus, i searched for things that are known to weigh 7 pounds on average.
the only reason i still questioned it is b/c gza's lyrics dont seem to actually describe that.

thanks.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of fury

No! the average brain weighs around 2.5 to 3 pounds.

A 7 pound brain would break ya neck. (So protect it!)
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorles View Post

les is right. i dont know where i thought i saw 7 before.

shit!!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the heart weighs 7 pounds, the brain weighs 7 ounces

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
immaculate

8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorles View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

word

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

shit
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
the heart weighs 7 pounds, the brain weighs 7 ounces
If you have the brain of a sparrow and D cup titties (and count them as well) you might actually be right...

@pmack
I vaguely remember a line by Timbo King where he is "my brain weighs seven and one half a power", I think from Hidden Chambers. Maybe that's where you heard it...

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #13
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
If you have the brain of a sparrow and D cup titties (and count them as well) you might actually be right...

@pmack
I vaguely remember a line by Timbo King where he is "my brain weighs seven and one half a power", I think from Hidden Chambers. Maybe that's where you heard it...

Peace.
^^^ YES. that's 1 place. i've heard it on more than 1 track, though.
but, i did go back & search & most things i found state that the human brain, on avg, weighs 2 - 3 lbs.