news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Books

Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
SKANK HILL
STOP lowy protectors

SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Charles Dickens

my father has an incredible amount of novels he's acquired over the years and he has a lot of charles dickens ... i've never read a charles dickens novel myself so last night i decided i would, so i started with one i knew a little about which is "A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings" ... so i've finished the first chapter and i just put it down for a bit and i like it so far ...

obviously i know all about Ebeneezer Scrooge and i've seen the movie on the book so this isn't foreing to me

any fans of Charles Dickens?

what's peoples favourite Dickens novel?

anybody dislike him and his writings for whatever reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
SKANK HILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
Slide
underground

Slide crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Slide

Charles Dickens cool writers.
Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Papers

Papers grasshopper

Tale of Two Cities was an excellent book, I really liked Oliver Twist too.
Papers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dickens is the shit, yo.

My fave that I've read so far is Great Expectations. I own a whole bunch of his novels, but have only made my way through a few of them thus far. I plan to tackle another one soon. I love the language employed during the period he penned his tales. I wish people still talked like that.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
SKANK HILL
STOP lowy protectors

SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SKANK HILL Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

about to start David Copperfield ... a christmas carol was dope

BAH! HAMBUG! ... love it

all those years as a youth i spent playing mega drive and football at the park and i could have been reading haha, oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
SKANK HILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i own a few just started reading Tale of Two Cities

also own david copperfield...havnt read yet
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Copperfield is a good one. You should enjoy that. There's a hilarious fight scene in it.

Tale of Two Cities is a great story, but I like his use of humour, which is not present in that particular tale.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote