news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #16
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i was thinking about this in the sleep thread.

DREAMS...
okay imagine there was a way to watch someones dream in real time.

the sleeping person has a dream that spans a whole day but in reality was only about 6 hrs.

wouldn't the observer see things moving at 4x the speed?

does that mean that we can process information that fast or faster?

could you watch a movie on fast forward?

construct.
You have to dream or you go nuts - Yet nobody knows much about them.

Dreams are my favourite physcological area - the reason dreams seem to only go for a short time is that - you will only dream once you have entered R.E.M. which takes an hour or so & your memory is not the same as it is in waking life.

You only remember the end of your dream session and depending on how you wake up you may not remember it all, like if your body slowly wakes (it can take upto 30 minutes - your brain the last thing to "wake" - if it doesnt wake last you should get sleep paralysis) you wont remember, if your gently woken - the best way - like a alarm that slowly gets louder you should have a good chance but if your alarm is quick and loud your brain will "jump into gear" quick and start thinking about what you have to do that day totaly forgetting the wonderfull dream you just had

the best time to dream is when you can sleep in, when you wake up then fall back asleep for another nap. you should always remember that dream, an initial nap wont get you deep enough to dream

i could type for hours on dreams - but if you want to talk on the power of the mind: what the fuck is happening with placebo's ? its all i need to believe in P.E.A.C.E.

Last edited by NIGHT MAYOR; 02-20-2009 at 01:14 AM.
NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #17
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...ht=lucid+dream

lucid dreaming is gangster

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #18
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i can remember almost all my dreams. i dream everytime i close my eyes.

its weird cuz sometimes a nap is way overdue and i'll enter a waking dream state.

i was watching some anime yesterday and began to dose off. i started attaching my own meaning to japanese dialog then the action started to match the meaning i had come up with. it was like a slow transition from wake to dream.

then i shook it off cuz it felt funny and just rolled over and slept.

placebos... well there has to be a neural mechanism for the immune system. i mean something controls it. why not switch the auto pilot to manual?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #19
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
..have you guys never had a dream?
no dream happens step by step by step and shit, something happens, then another thing happens, then another thing happens

you can be at your house then 2 seconds be at school and there's no detail to anything, so its not a mind blown revelation that dreams dont happen in...real time.
do you know what a lucid dream is?
are you aware that some people have the ability to control what happens in their dreams?
are you able to make the mental connection that this means things can happen step by step by step and shit?
I swear you are the dumbest person who ever thought they were smart.

anywayz
after all this reading I am definitely gonna have to dust my lucid dreaming book off and study that shit some more

peace
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ya know what really bugs me out?
sometimes I get vivid dreams of being at a concert, or hanging with the clan
and in my dream they will either play songs I've never heard before or do some freestyle shit
then I wake up and realize I had just been making up very complex and drawn out rhyme schemes in my sleep and always wish I could remember down to those details
Old 02-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #21
cutn' heads
mic fury

cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

weird you guys are talking bout' this. i had some fucked up dreams last night and they are on my mind still. two death experiences in the same night. i woke up not breathing once, it was real scary. my dreams are always vivid and intense like that. great experiences...
cutn' heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA grasshopper

did any of you catch what gza said in coffee and ciggerets about caffine and dreaming, its hard practice cause you ussualy cant sleep after you drink caffine, but once i went to sleep drunk after drinking coffee, and the dreams were all supper fast, and i cought these vissions of hard core gorey, gross, monsterous shit with david ducovony from x files, all projected very fast and in picture frames like a projector, the pictures were demented, worce than any horror film. At the time i thought my mind was just fucked up, but now years latter bassed on other experiences, i think it was a computrer program somehow chemically implanted in my mind. I know most of the people will dismiss my anylisis, but i have concidered the evidence, and i am aware of how crazy it sounds.

on another note, on some don juan shit, if you want to do some shamanic shit in your sleep, go to sleep with your hands on your lower dan tan, right below your abdomen, and your other hand on your solar plexus or heart chakrah. I forget which hand goes on which point, but when i did it, i made the dream world tangible, and found some way to prove that it was real. I cant remember or recall how i proved the reality of the dream world, but it must of been based on the same existentially valid sensory data that varifies the real world, even though there was absurd impoible shit going on when i did that experiment.

peace

Last edited by ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA; 02-21-2009 at 03:17 AM.
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #23
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Great thread, Style.

I few days ago, I had a dream about me receiving an eighty-five on my math test. When I got to class, my professor handed me my exam and lord and behold, an eighty-five. I couldn't believe it! This wasn't the first time that I have seen the future.

We only use 10% of our brain, correct? Now, what if we were to use 100% of our brain? What do you think would happened?
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #24
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i can remember almost all my dreams. i dream everytime i close my eyes.
HHHAHAahhaHAHahaahhAHAHAHAHahaAHAHHAHAHAH!!H!H!a
Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #25
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
do you know what a lucid dream is?
are you aware that some people have the ability to control what happens in their dreams?
are you able to make the mental connection that this means things can happen step by step by step and shit?
I swear you are the dumbest person who ever thought they were smart.

anywayz
after all this reading I am definitely gonna have to dust my lucid dreaming book off and study that shit some more

peace
the hatred in this post is mindblowing.
but uh..yeah, i made no implication whatsoever that disagrees with anything you just said....

did i just get ethered?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #26
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you don't know how to constructively collaborate.

which is cool, but that eliminates the need for you to post here.

thx.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #27
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
We only use 10% of our brain, correct? Now, what if we were to use 100% of our brain? What do you think would happened?

well... at the junction between will and action, (the will being the desire to do something and the action being the electrical impulse), is mind over matter.

thought doesnt begin with a synapse or impulse. it begins with desire. will (desire) is the force the mind exerts on the brain. the brain is a tool for the mind to interact with the physial world.

so getting back to 100%...
i would imagine that you would be like NEO. altering reality on a quantum level. since all possibilities are possible, you could increase the probability of those possibilites thru the force of will.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #28
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

from what i've read about it (again mostly from this dude Carl Jung who i spoke about in the "lost thread" thread), that phenomena is a result of the fact that the psyche basically isn't "bound" so to speak, or chained by space and time which are relative.....(dono if i'm explaining that clearly)

that's actually one of the basic premises of Dali's most famous painting, The Persistence of Memory:

Style as i'm sure u know cuz i remember u buildin on Dali in a thread i made a while ago, he was all about expressing his psyche--the deep "unconscious" psyche, the realm of dreams..

i've definitely had both of these happen many times:
-your dream feels like it's been going on forever and then u wake up in the morning amazed that it's over and wasn't real (since it seemed to go on for so long)

-you sleep hours and hours (this happens to me sometimes if i'm trashed) and it feels like u were only out for like 15 mins..
Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #29
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
We only use 10% of our brain, correct?
No, humans use 100% of their brain. If we only used 10% of our brain then things that damage small areas of our brain like strokes wouldn't cause devastating disabilities...

The 10% thing is nothing but a retarded myth...
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #30
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA grasshopper

the brain is amazing
suposibly you can permanently fuck up a part of a brain associated with certain function, and even though the part of the brain associated with the function is damaged, the function, like memory for example will develope in another part of the brain,
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA is offline   Reply With Quote