news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Is Lupe Fiasco overrated like a muthafucka?
yes 14 45.16%
no 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
he bores me. i think he's 'too good'

everything is too polished and on point and cognitive which makes it boring.

i feel the same way about Jay-Z.

excellent lyrics, excellent beats, excellent concepts but that doesn't make it entertaining at all and sometimes the excellence kills the entertainment factor.
this
Old 03-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
he bores me. i think he's 'too good'

everything is too polished and on point and cognitive which makes it boring.

i feel the same way about Jay-Z.

excellent lyrics, excellent beats, excellent concepts but that doesn't make it entertaining at all and sometimes the excellence kills the entertainment factor.
how could you say Hov? I could understand if those commercial joints are a turnoff but when he's got the best music to bang in your whip. his style is impetuous, his flow is impregnable and he's just the definition of an artist.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
b-dolo
SLIMEY SAVAGE

b-dolo crouching tiger

lupe took a big drop in between his first and second album, listen closely to the production on the second album, it sounds like it was produced by drama beats, there is nothing new or inspiring at all, on any of the production

Stripped of our language, walked around nameless Amongst the strangest, a heart full of anguish Taught life is dangerous
b-dolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #19
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He's got about as much appeal as a kick in the balls.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
Drunken Monk
B Team

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

isnt overrated
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Pancakes
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #22
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

no

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #23
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

even tho i think his flow is great, im more about his lyrics. i think hes over rated in the sense that he isnt any sort of messiah for rap in the 21st century...but i do think hes lyrically better than 90% of the rappers still makin albums.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #24
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i got this t shirt
Old 03-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #25
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

some rapppers ain't designed for you to like them because of their swagger

Lupe is straight lyrics and I really like his shit, if u don't like it, u don't like it, but u'll have to admit he isn't wack.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:06 AM   #26
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
how could you say Hov? I could understand if those commercial joints are a turnoff but when he's got the best music to bang in your whip. his style is impetuous, his flow is impregnable and he's just the definition of an artist.
muthafuckas be saying some outlandish shit. I think he's a better businessman than an artist, lets not forget

and don't say shit about paying homage, shit's just foul

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #27
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

if people dont like his style, then they should listen to Hip-Hop music, or w/e u call it these days....its choc full o' cock full swagger ridden jackasses. Substance barred.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
davedigital360
Death Poet

davedigital360 crouching tigerdavedigital360 crouching tiger

I've never seen anyone put him on a pedestal, but I think he gets the respect he deserves.
davedigital360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck
Thumbs down

I just listened to the cool thoroughly for the first time and its gotta be the lamest album I ever heard. I just came across lupe stans who think his first 2 albums are better than reasonable doubt.

and that's so LAAAAAAAAAME

"if someone makes an album better than reasonable doubt, I'll retire." - Jay-Z

Last edited by Chungsanity; 04-08-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #30
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
some rapppers ain't designed for you to like them because of their swagger

Lupe is straight lyrics and I really like his shit, if u don't like it, u don't like it, but u'll have to admit he isn't wack.
Lupe has a jay-z nerd swagger.