news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #16
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
He only jumped on two, if I'm right here.
It Was Written and Nastrodamus.
The firm has to be the biggest and the corniest. Then there was the whole 2pac thing and the constant references plus jump on Pac songs after he died. I would expect a newbie to do that but not someone like Nas.

Untitled was quite corny too though. Did he even follow the election? Because he made a bad album even worse by putting the 2pac chorus 'we ain't ready to see a black president' because Obama did win.

He almost sounds white sometimes when he keeps on going on about 'ghetto this' and 'streets that'.

People talking about the demise of hip hop and he has HHID. Then a black man runs for president he tries to name his album NIGGER. His attempts to be relevant make him look like a groupie.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:04 AM   #17
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
The firm has to be the biggest and the corniest.
It's basically in the same boat as IT Was Written, so that doesn't count.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #18
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

No, u don't get it. On Firm they were copying the group Big and Jay were making.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #19
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I wouldn't say he was jumping on the bandwagon on IWW, where he was actually helped that shit to evolve. He was on Infamous, OB4CL, Kool G Rap's album, plus lyrics on The World is Yours reveal the pretty much how he wished he was a gangsta all along.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #20
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

Quote:
I have to disagree. The fact that the Firm only had one release says it all. The Firm was a desperate attempt to be like Rae and Ghost who had made a mafia themed crew album with OB4CL. That the Firm more or less stopped after one album says it all regarding him jumping on that bandwagon. I can see why it may slightly overlap with ITW but ITW was a whole different bandwagon in itself where he just wanted to be popular more than be like any particular person.

But the big question I have is quite simple. If Nas is meant to be intelligent then why does he always go with the fad? If untitled was meant to be about the N word and the way white people are trying to stop black people becoming successful then why did he come up with such a generic response? Did he critique Barack Obama, did he even speak about a single policy of this black man that was running for president? No he didn't and instead he went to a rapper whose dick he still sucks even though he died over a decade ago and sampled a chorus 'even though it seems heaven sent we ain't ready to see a black president'.

When I first heard untitled I thought it was amazing but then listen by listen it just became as corny as lots of his recent work has been.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #21
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
The firm has to be the biggest and the corniest. Then there was the whole 2pac thing and the constant references plus jump on Pac songs after he died. I would expect a newbie to do that but not someone like Nas.

Untitled was quite corny too though. Did he even follow the election? Because he made a bad album even worse by putting the 2pac chorus 'we ain't ready to see a black president' because Obama did win.

He almost sounds white sometimes when he keeps on going on about 'ghetto this' and 'streets that'.

People talking about the demise of hip hop and he has HHID. Then a black man runs for president he tries to name his album NIGGER. His attempts to be relevant make him look like a groupie.
1st That album dropped before the primaries in this country not to mention the general elections. so I don't understand what you are saying

2nd black rappers have always rapped about the ghetto this and streets that so I guess all of them sounds white too. So i don't understand what you are saying

3rd the people that were talking about the demise of hip hop was fans on websites because their favorite rappers weren't sellig From fans it went to broke ass none selling rappers, but the mainstream kept the hip hop is still kicking attitude. I don't understand what you are saying

4th actually hhid was when nas first talking about making an album called nigger. "The N" That was before anyone have heard of an obama or even an election in this country.

5th) I think the hhid concept was comical more so than actual. Besides you seems to know a lot about a guy's career you don't like.

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 AM   #22
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
I wouldn't say he was jumping on the bandwagon on IWW, where he was actually helped that shit to evolve. He was on Infamous, OB4CL, Kool G Rap's album, plus lyrics on The World is Yours reveal the pretty much how he wished he was a gangsta all along.
The Firm is a spin-off to Affirmative Action on IWW, so why the hell would you count it as a different fad?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence View Post
1st that album dropped before the primaries in this country not to mention the general elections. So i don't understand what you are saying

I never said he dropped after the election

2nd black rappers have always rapped about the ghetto this and streets that so i guess all of them sounds white too. So i don't understand what you are saying

I never said he sounded white

3rd the people that were talking about the demise of hip hop was fans on websites because their favorite rappers weren't sellig from fans it went to broke ass none selling rappers, but the mainstream kept the hip hop is still kicking attitude. I don't understand what you are saying

I never said anything about internet people or broke rappers either

4th actually hhid was when nas first talking about making an album called nigger. "the n" that was before anyone have heard of an obama or even an election in this country.

Again no idea which part of my post you are talking about but I made no reference to The N or whatever being a new or old idea or concept

5th) i think the hhid concept was comical more so than actual. Besides you seems to know a lot about a guy's career you don't like.

And yet again I never said I didn't like Nas
In conclusion, I have no idea what you are talking about or how you manage to interpret my posts in your own unique way so please don't reply to my posts in future as I can't be bothered beginning every sentence I type with the words 'I never said.......'.

Thanks for reading my post though.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #24
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

Quote:
The Firm is a spin-off to Affirmative Action on IWW, so why the hell would you count it as a different fad?
And that's a spinoff of OB4CL.

How is a copy of a copy not a copy?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #25
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

It is a copy, but you niggas were trying to make it look like nas jumped on so many bandwagons when he only jumped on 2.
The P.Diddy kind of hip-hop (Nastrodamus)
And mafioso hip-hop (The Firm and It Was Written)
Am I wrong here?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

funny how u changed opinions.

but I'm not here to talk with some underaged bastard still fetuswet

don't adresse me until u reach your age of reason.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #27
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

Lol, I know, it's not fun getting sonned by an underaged know-it-all is it?
Just admit you're wrong and it'll all go away.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #28
Finesse Da God

Finesse Da God shaolin monk

First mainstream rapper to say Hip Hop Is Dead
First mainstream rapper to take a stance on the way the black community is today in a long time

It Was Written = Bandwagon
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

fuck a
Marsha Ambrosius

who the fuck keeps putting this talentless weak bitch on tracks?

this whole song was embarrasing btw.

very embarrasing.

and evevry nas verse has sounded the same for 5 years
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #30
capi1010

capi1010 grasshopper

ok, IWW = bandwagon, but still was a solid album.
capi1010 is offline   Reply With Quote