news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #3616
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Cavs assrape Boston on Easter on National TV.

It was fun to watch, it has some relevance. But really, for Boston, I think they are going to have a tough time in the playoffs this year.

They are banged up and they are not deep and teams are gunning for them hard. Plus they have much stiffer competition this year.

Jon Barry is the biggest douchebag. Why do these networks hire the worst possible people to do NBA shows???
People do not tune in to see what these idiots say, they watch for the games.

Reggie Miller, Van Gundy, Jon Barry, Barkely...these dudes all suck.
I'll give Barkley alittle credit cuz he is somewhat entertaining, but he really just runs his mouth.

These guys bring no analytical perspective to the game at all. They crack unfunny jokes that embarass themselves.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #3617
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

^You don't like Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson? I think they're the best National TV announcers by far. They always keep it real and they never agree on anything...Makes it pretty entertaining, IMO.

I agree wtih Jon Barry and Reggie Miller...and I don't really like it when Barkley announces...he never talk about the actual game going on. As one of the TNT analysts I think he's pretty good, but as an announcer he isn't that good, IMO.

And I stopped watching the game half-way thru the third. They just destroyed the C's today. Game was never even close. I did watch the entire Hornets-Mavs game. That one was pretty good. CP3 had an insane stat line. It was something like 31 points, 17 assists, 9 boards and only 1 turnover.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #3618
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
^You don't like Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson? I think they're the best National TV announcers by far. They always keep it real and they never agree on anything...Makes it pretty entertaining, IMO.

I agree wtih Jon Barry and Reggie Miller...and I don't really like it when Barkley announces...he never talk about the actual game going on. As one of the TNT analysts I think he's pretty good, but as an announcer he isn't that good, IMO.

I like Jackson, but Van Gundy just gets annoying sometimes.

Hubie Brown is the best in my opinion. Totally unbiased and he breaks down the game for you, and if you listen, he is usually right on point.

Marv ALbert and Mike Fratello are good, but they usually get team with Reggie Miller as the third wheel.
Miller is HORRIBLE. Cannot stand him.

Cannot stand Barry.

Matt Guokas was a good color man, so is Doug Collins.

Coaches tend to be the best because they break the game down for you and are unbiased.
Thats all I want....i dont need the commentaters to use the game as a stage for their catchphrases.
That shit is beyond played out and they overdo it.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #3619
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

^haha I can see why some people would find Van Gundy annoying, but he's never really bothered me. And I can't believe I forgot about Hubie Brown...He's one of my favorites too. He was just doing the Mavs-Hornets game and he was never really biased the entire time.

I don't really think there's anyway to prevent people from being biased, it's just in our nature. But I do agree that they need to get rid of like 1/2 the people they got right now...

Fuck it they should just put the NBA back on NBC...they handled it way better than ABC is.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #3620
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

yea they did.

Plus there theme music was the shit. ABC is garbage.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #3621
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

co-sign

and they use to have those Tripe-headers! I remember back when I was in JR. high I used to spend my entire Sunday watching the NBC Triple Headers. ABC can't touch that.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #3622
portis24
NFL MVP

portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang36 View Post
The Bulls will be out in the 1st round if they remain 7th. And they'll get Boston, so I don't see them winning against the C's.
i think they can take boston
portis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #3623
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

LOL...no wonder you think Campbell is a good QB.

Your absolutely delusional if you believe the Bulls will beat the Celtics.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #3624
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Dick Stockton is a good commentator. And Bill Walton too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #3625
TrueDciple
Veteran Member

TrueDciple crouching tiger

Vangundy, Barry, Jamal Mashburn are garbage!... Jeff being the most annoying one. Miller arrogance is beyond this world.
TrueDciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #3626
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

yea miller is retarded.

I remember watching a game with Miller and Fratello, and some decent player ( iwanna say it was mo Williams) went across the lane and took one of the Magic-esque hook shots, and Fratello commented with sarcasm, "a magic johnson like hook" and Miller took it literal and said, how can you even compare the two, and would not let it go.

It was like....shut the fuck up reggie, what are you even talking about.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #3627
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Celtics looked pitiful yesterday against Cleveland without Garnett. You see when Pierce and Allen have a bad game, there isn't anybody else on Boston's team that is gonna score a lot. I think the Bulls and Celtics could be a good series because the Celtics are really struggling right now. Jon Barry is harsh towards Cleveland. He thinks that the Cavs suck on the road and he thinks they can't win against good teams on the road. Well i said the same thing that the Cavs suck on the road against good teams but that didn't matter last year when the Celtics won the finals because they sucked on the road but they won most of their home games. Did they lose to anybody last year at home in the playoffs? I don't think they did.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #3628
TrueDciple
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
yea miller is retarded.

I remember watching a game with Miller and Fratello, and some decent player ( iwanna say it was mo Williams) went across the lane and took one of the Magic-esque hook shots, and Fratello commented with sarcasm, "a magic johnson like hook" and Miller took it literal and said, how can you even compare the two, and would not let it go.

It was like....shut the fuck up reggie, what are you even talking about.
Word , i was watching that game. He went anal about it.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #3629
TrueDciple
Veteran Member

The thing is that just because they are ex-nba players that does not mean they can comment, they werent any good so to see them talking shit is like , wait, what did you get done when you were playing? ... Now if we talk about Magic, Barkley then thats a diferent case. they were Excellent Players and know the game really well so you got to hand it to them. Even though Barkley sometimes make no sense but he is often right. But Barry? Jamal? Jalem Rose? GTFOH!

P.S: Kenny the Jet Smith is cool.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #3630
portis24
NFL MVP

portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
LOL...no wonder you think Campbell is a good QB.

Your absolutely delusional if you believe the Bulls will beat the Celtics.
boston's player's are old and banged up but it looks as though the bull's won't get boston anyway as the will now have to beat up on orlando
portis24 is offline   Reply With Quote