news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #61
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
^who said it wasnt? what is wrong with some people lol.

read dumbass.

better.
mate im just stating my opinion on this matter. i never said that someone said it wasnt.

read cunt

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #62
Drunken Monk
Veteran Member

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Ghostlaced most of your topics are retarded. I think you be looking for attention just like TSA. TSA's topics are retarded too. There's nothing wrong with Nas sampling Michael Jackson's Human Nature song on It Ain't Hard To Tell. The sample sounded good to me on the song. Nas said in XXL magazine recently when the magazine did a article about the making of Illmatic album that he was wondering how he was gonna get in touch with Michael Jackson to clear the Human Nature sample. He said he thought about it and he figured out that him and Michael were with the same record company so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why rappers should have to get permission from r&b singers to sample their music anyway. I know most r&b singers don't listen to rap so they shouldn't even care that rappers sample their music.
what a fag
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #63
Finesse Da God

Finesse Da God shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
I know what we listen to here, man, I'm from Slovenia and I'm a big Wu, 1BeLo and Def Jux fan.

My man Begongo is from Rawmania and he's into dope old school rap [he taught me a few things]..

Reiko is from Poland and has a thread hiphop stuff, and I know his steez, ...

Even Ghostlaced, who listens to Weezy, knows some dope ass motherfuckers, like Cannibal Ox, which is a big contrast, but so what, he knows dope hiphop.

Shizzah is REALLY REALLY talented, REALLY REALLY young and has a lot of hiphop knowledge...and he's from fucking Serbia.

Whers is from England , and he's pretty much anti-mainstream [for the most time]. I don't need to prove that, everybody knows his steez.

Do you want more proof? You don't know how is it like here, the lifestyle is maybe different, maybe not, who knows, we have our own set of problems, but at least we don't talk how USA, Australia and Asia don't know squat about rap....it's not like we been to all places....and neither were you.
Epic Loss
Old 04-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #64
RIINŲ
full metal yakuza

RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RIINŲ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^learned his religion from the wu-manual chapter 7 verse 3 written by the holy prophet robert diggs

Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #65
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
Reasonable Doubt is not by any means superior to Illmatic
cant knock the hustle = ny state of mind
politics as usual < lifes a bitch
brooklyns finest = the world is yours
dead presidents II = halftime
feelin it = memory lane
d'evils > one love
22 twos > one time 4 your mind
can I live = represent
aint no nigga < it aint hard to tell
friend or foe >
coming of age >
cashmere thoughts >
bring it on >
regrets >>>>>>>>>>>

it was an even score from tracks 1-9, but thats where Illmatic ended. reasonable doubt had FIVE more tracks, and all five were classics.

thats where I make the distinction. Illmatics tracks are tough guns, but there's only 9 tracks - NINE.

anyway, Im gonna cop another copy of illmatic tomorrow to celebrate the 15th anniversary. deserves my respect and 15 bucks.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #66
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

^ hahahah thats the most ridiculous way to compare those two albums

you really overrate the song "regrets", its not even close to my favorite song on RD
Old 04-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #67
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

jay z said ether made him stronger lol
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #68
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post

you really overrate the song "regrets", its not even close to my favorite song on RD
I cant take you seriously as a RD critic anymore.

regrets is one of the most introspective, personal, honest songs ever.

"Metamorphic, as the dope turns to cream
but one of these buyers got eyes like a Korean
It's difficult to read em, the windows to his soul
are half closed, I put the key in"

^the meaning behind that is genius

"I found myself reminiscing, remember this one
when he was here he was crazy nice with his son
I miss him, long as I'm living he's living through memories
He's there to kill all my suicidal tendencies"

no offense, but you gotta take that statement back.

I also gotta say best intro ever: cant knock the hustle

best outro ever: regrets

Last edited by Chungsanity; 04-18-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #69
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

^ Regrets is a great song i never said it wasnt..personally i like Can i Live, Dead Presidents, Cant Knock the Hustle, and some others better

im saying you overrate it....it doesnt come close to It Aint Hard to Tell
Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #70
Finesse Da God

Finesse Da God shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.RINO View Post
^learned his religion from the wu-manual chapter 7 verse 3 written by the holy prophet robert diggs

Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #71
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
where did you get that claim - from a word of mouth right?
If you consider DJ Premier word of mouth....yeah.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:26 AM   #72
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I don't even think that vocal sample is from MJ, the horns in the background are but if the vocals are they're disguised well. Either way this thread is retarded and the thread starter is probably the only one whos holds this opinion.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #73
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
We also have New York, y'know, where hip-hop was made?
Yeah, and other parts too. But like Prof. Rino said, people like Soulja Boi aren't getting any play here LOL, also the last three Wu albums sold more in Europe than in the US, and so on. I ain't saying there isn't bullshit coming from Europe [*kreh*Cilva*kreh* [well at least he's a dope producer]], I just don't like how the market turns, how some dope mainstream artists don't have control over their projects [Jadakiss for instance], ...

I know how Europe does it, and how the US does it, but everyone from the US should just shut the fuck up when it comes to Europe. I guess some of y'all never heard The Streets, IAM and artists like that, because in Europe, dope motherfuckers like that ARE MAINSTREAM.

I say eat yourself alive.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #74
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Sad how europe embraces us Americans hip-hop wise but none of us care about hip-hop from there.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #75
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^most of it isn't in a language u could understand.

But fo real, if u ever get the chance, learn spanish and french, lot's of good hiphop in those two parts.