news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #76
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I don't even think that vocal sample is from MJ, the horns in the background are but if the vocals are they're disguised well. Either way this thread is retarded and the thread starter is probably the only one whos holds this opinion.
thats absolutely MJ's vocals, and it really was a great use of the sample, check it:

at 3:33
Old 04-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #77
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
I don't even think that vocal sample is from MJ, the horns in the background are but if the vocals are they're disguised well. Either way this thread is retarded and the thread starter is probably the only one whos holds this opinion.
lol what a dumbass

double fail

If you dont like the sample use in this song you should just leave hip hop alone.

Forever.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #78
SMH
SHAOLIN STUDENT

SMH crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
cant knock the hustle = ny state of mind
politics as usual < lifes a bitch
brooklyns finest = the world is yours
dead presidents II = halftime
feelin it = memory lane
d'evils > one love
22 twos > one time 4 your mind
can I live = represent
aint no nigga < it aint hard to tell
friend or foe >
coming of age >
cashmere thoughts >
bring it on >
regrets >>>>>>>>>>>

it was an even score from tracks 1-9, but thats where Illmatic ended. reasonable doubt had FIVE more tracks, and all five were classics.

thats where I make the distinction. Illmatics tracks are tough guns, but there's only 9 tracks - NINE.

anyway, Im gonna cop another copy of illmatic tomorrow to celebrate the 15th anniversary. deserves my respect and 15 bucks.
shut tha fuck up
SMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #79
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
lol what a dumbass

double fail

If you dont like the sample use in this song you should just leave hip hop alone.

Forever.
Where did I say that exactly?!
You need to chill out son, even if I thought that song WAS wack it would be my opinion and I would still listen to Hip Hop. Illmatic is one of my favorite albums, but I think 'It Ain't Hard To Tell' is one of the weakest tracks on there and there are several better uses of sampling on the other tracks. Thats not to say its wack, but I just disagreed with your post because I don't think many other producers felt the bar was set too high or whatever that bullshit you said was.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #80
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Where did I say that exactly?!
You need to chill out son, even if I thought that song WAS wack it would be my opinion and I would still listen to Hip Hop. Illmatic is one of my favorite albums, but I think 'It Ain't Hard To Tell' is one of the weakest tracks on there and there are several better uses of sampling on the other tracks. Thats not to say its wack, but I just disagreed with your post because I don't think many other producers felt the bar was set too high or whatever that bullshit you said was.
omg what a dumbass

triple fail

Forever.

Son, you are clearly an idiot, you already proved this by saying that wasnt MJ on the sample (lol).

So your opinion is obviously cracked out from the get go.

Nas's 3 verses on this song, expekally the last verse, IS CHOC FULL OF CLASSIC LINES.

There are so many classic lines. And that to how Nas rides the kick drum, listen on the the 3rd v.

This rhythmatic explosion, is what your frame of mind has chosen
I'll leave your brain stimulated, niggaz is frozen
Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin
End like Leviathan, it's deep well let me try again
Wisdom be leakin out my grapefruit troop
I dominate break loops, givin mics menestraul cycles
Street's disciple, I rock beats that's mega trifle
And groovy but smoother than moves by Villanova
You're still a soldier, I'm like Sly Stallone in Cobra
Packin like a rasta in the weed spot
Vocals'll squeeze glocks, MC's eavesdrop
Though they need not to sneak
My poetry's deep, I never fail
Nas's raps should be locked in a cell
It ain't hard to tell
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #81
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nas is a better rapper than jayz on so many levels
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #82
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
MC's eavesdrop

timeless.

anyway, i think this is the perfect way to finish an album. and that MJ sample is a fuckin highlight. (one of many)

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #83
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
only on this album, I'm afraid
Old 04-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #84
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

^
Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #85
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
how? Nas has 2 albums that are apart of my holy trinity:

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. It Was Written
3. Illmatic

but how is NaS better when he's had one flow for 18 years and counting. remember this garbage?

this is the only time where he switched it up and he failed miserably. guess who had that flow before? JAY TO THE MUTHAFUCKIN Z from '89-94.

and yall nas stans claim how hov bit his style for RD when he was original, jigga's the future flows digital.

Jay surpassed Nas in 98 in every single way.
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #86
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

u guys need 2 stop judging rappers solely on their albums its not just about that... everytime we get into discussions of rappers ur quick to bring up reasonable doubt... so what its jays best work but it doesnt define him as an artist at all... his collective body of work defines him
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #87
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

OG version:

DRUNKENDRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:42 AM   #88
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
^
Get Down isn't enuff, that's the only 5/5 track, those mother tracks were cool and all, but he should've destroyed the Made you Look beat [same with the Get Yourself a Gun, he was so boring on both of those...]

Nas have variety of flows, just no variety in deliveries... but Illmatic is showing that he could be better lyrically and making an album with a theme. IWW had a theme, all of the other albums failed.

I was a big Nas fan, but then I saw that 80% of his material I listened to all the time wasn't on the albums [Lost Tapez included]
Old 04-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #89
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

"de-da-dadadaaa"

^this is how you ruin an album. They shouldve just taken the whole thing off and released it on Lost Tapes 10 years later

Whos idea was it to let Large Pro and Nas together in 1994?

The way he did Human Nature on this KILLED hip hop. Hip Hop was dead from this point, no one could live up to this. Large P pratically birthed Soulja Boy when this was released.

Name a better use of a sample than this, and I will never call you a faggot on this site in 2009.

You will also be known as the guy who re-surrected hip hop.
Please, for god's sake,

SHUT THE FUCK UP

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 AM   #90
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
Get Down isn't enuff, that's the only 5/5 track, those mother tracks were cool and all, but he should've destroyed the Made you Look beat [same with the Get Yourself a Gun, he was so boring on both of those...]

Nas have variety of flows, just no variety in deliveries... but Illmatic is showing that he could be better lyrically and making an album with a theme. IWW had a theme, all of the other albums failed.

I was a big Nas fan, but then I saw that 80% of his material I listened to all the time wasn't on the albums [Lost Tapez included]
This album contains his most personal subject matter that jay-z would've never thought of.
Last Real Nigga Alive, Hey Nas, Book Of Rhymes, Heaven, this isn't supposed to be a street nigga album. That's why you don't like it. It's been 15 years and niggas still won't let go of the nasty nas image.