news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #91
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
Yeah, and other parts too. But like Prof. Rino said, people like Soulja Boi aren't getting any play here LOL, also the last three Wu albums sold more in Europe than in the US, and so on. I ain't saying there isn't bullshit coming from Europe [*kreh*Cilva*kreh* [well at least he's a dope producer]], I just don't like how the market turns, how some dope mainstream artists don't have control over their projects [Jadakiss for instance], ...

I know how Europe does it, and how the US does it, but everyone from the US should just shut the fuck up when it comes to Europe. I guess some of y'all never heard The Streets, IAM and artists like that, because in Europe, dope motherfuckers like that ARE MAINSTREAM.

I say eat yourself alive.
true, true.... we, europeans have opportunity to listen rap from various countries, and you guys don't.

french h-h, for example>>>>USA h-h

and mega lol @ Finesse Da God and other Marsians.

i wanna learn UFO techniques too.

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #92
Don Universo
PRODIGAL SUN

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Illmatic is just about flawless IMO, no need to pick shit apart.

Don Universo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #93
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
This album contains his most personal subject matter that jay-z would've never thought of.
Last Real Nigga Alive, Hey Nas, Book Of Rhymes, Heaven, this isn't supposed to be a street nigga album. That's why you don't like it. It's been 15 years and niggas still won't let go of the nasty nas image.
Book of Rhymes is boring if u ask me, good concept, but he's just talking about how wack he used to be. [Big LOL to that]

All of the other songs are nothing.....c'mon, compare Heaven to Cage's - Nothing Left To Say, and you'll see that u can be lyrical and with an open heart on the same track.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #94
SMH
SHAOLIN STUDENT

SMH crouching tiger

man reasonable doubt is dope but compared to illmatic OB4CL LS and all the other albums that you have compared it to, its really weak nuff said.
SMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #95
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Book of Rhymes is boring if u ask me, good concept, but he's just talking about how wack he used to be. [Big LOL to that]

All of the other songs are nothing.....c'mon, compare Heaven to Cage's - Nothing Left To Say, and you'll see that u can be lyrical and with an open heart on the same track.
I see you're on some underground shit. Nevermind.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #96
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Quote:

I know how Europe does it, and how the US does it, but everyone from the US should just shut the fuck up when it comes to Europe. I guess some of y'all never heard The Streets, IAM and artists like that, because in Europe, dope motherfuckers like that ARE MAINSTREAM.

I say eat yourself alive.

Im sorry if i come off sounding like an ass hole but... i dont really care whats going on over in Europe. I dont give a shit whats being played on the radio over in Europe because to me, America is hip-hop. So when you say "at least we dont play Soulja boy on the radio" i got to laugh to my self cuz i just dont give a shit.

at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
Nas's 3 verses on this song, expekally the last verse, IS CHOC FULL OF CLASSIC LINES.

There are so many classic lines. And that to how Nas rides the kick drum, listen on the the 3rd v.
I think the first verse is the best because of "Deep like The Shinin', sparkle like a diamond/
Sneak a uzi on the island in my army jacket linin" hahaha DOPE

and also... "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell
From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
how is that real talk? that's some he say she say blasphemy right there.

I was disappointed when my humorous but classic RD thread was locked so whatever.

yall know deep down that Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic, kinda like how yall know deep down that Big L > Rakim but think Ra is the god mc when he's not. Big L is better than Rakim in every fucking way, kinda like RD > Illmatic. if Illmatic had 2 or 3 more tracks, it would be the perfect album - hell I'd be struck with enormous dillema if that was the case.

Illmatic had 9 songs, and it was 8/9 in terms of good tracks. I could never get into one time 4 your mind despite a few quotables.

RD was 13/14 with the tracks and although aint no nigga is the scapegoat I truly dont give a fuck - it was still hot.

13 classic tracks > 8 classic tracks.

yall are just too brainwashed by Nas saying "wanting to be on every last one of my classics." seriously get a grip.

the greatest intro to any album, EVER. this isnt even the album version though - its the demo version and since it sounds dope, imagine how much better he made the album version.

"jay-z's gonna stick your head up your asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked."
For the love of god, please shut the fuck up about Reasonable Doubt.

Like, we get it, you think its the best album ever made... we dont.

and comparing the two albums track-by-track is fucking retarded. to me, any track on illmatic >> any track on RD. Therefore, i dont give a shit if RD has 5 more tracks on it.

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #97
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^lol yeah good qoutes.

I cant beleive there are turds out there that actually come out and say things like "it aint hard to tell is a weaker illmatic song"

i mean

wtf. shoot yourself or something.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #98
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

"It Aint Hard to Tell" is in the top 10 rap songs its at T.R.O.Y. or CREAM status for me when it comes to bonafide classics
Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #99
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
"It Aint Hard to Tell" is in the top 10 rap songs its at T.R.O.Y. or CREAM status for me when it comes to bonafide classics
no doubt, I also think its now my favorite on Illmatic.

ive always struggled picking between "It aint hard to tell", "NY State of Mind" and "The World is Yours"

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #100
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

^Ditto
Old 04-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #101
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Chungsanity is annoying at times.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #102
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
omg what a dumbass

triple fail

If you dont like the sample use in this song you should just leave hip hop alone.

Forever.

Son, you are clearly an idiot, you already proved this by saying that wasnt MJ on the sample (lol).

So your opinion is obviously cracked out from the get go.

Nas's 3 verses on this song, expekally the last verse, IS CHOC FULL OF CLASSIC LINES.

There are so many classic lines. And that to how Nas rides the kick drum, listen on the the 3rd v.

This rhythmatic explosion, is what your frame of mind has chosen
I'll leave your brain stimulated, niggaz is frozen
Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin
End like Leviathan, it's deep well let me try again
Wisdom be leakin out my grapefruit troop
I dominate break loops, givin mics menestraul cycles
Street's disciple, I rock beats that's mega trifle
And groovy but smoother than moves by Villanova
You're still a soldier, I'm like Sly Stallone in Cobra
Packin like a rasta in the weed spot
Vocals'll squeeze glocks, MC's eavesdrop
Though they need not to sneak
My poetry's deep, I never fail
Nas's raps should be locked in a cell
It ain't hard to tell
Wow. I was completely wrong. Obviously everything you say is the gospel truth so i'm going to stop listening to Hip Hop now. I get the feeling a lot of idiots listen to it anyway.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #103
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^goodbye. you wont be missed.

it aint hard to tell>>>sosa's opinion
Old 04-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #104
energizer

energizer crouching tiger

you cant judge an album based on the amount of songs, is pink floyd's wish you were here a bad album because its 5 songs? you have to look at the total product
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #105
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

2pac > yeshua ben yosef > nas > biggie > garbage can > jay
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote