news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms
Default Nas & Pete Rock Working Together Again

By Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur

Hip-Hop lovers can rejoice: Nas and producer Pete Rock are working on music again.

Together Nas and Pete Rock orchestrated some of the most meaningful, prolific music to in the 90's when they collaborated on Nas' seminal album Illmatic, which was released 15 years ago this year.

"The World Is Yours" was an inspirational beacon to Hip-Hop fans during the period. Pete explained how things came to fruition. "I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it," Pete Rock told AllHipHop.com. "I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him."

The pair haven’t work together since Illmatic, even though they had great success as a team.

To this day, Pete Rock says he doesn't know why he and Nas didn't continue to collaborate in any fashion since the popularity of Illmatic.

He's not necessarily looking for answers either.

"I think it was a lot of situations [that caused the break off], but you know, but right now, I don't give a damn. That was the past. You know, I always wanted to get down to the bottom of it, to see what the problem was," Pete said. "Whatever it was, I know it was a lie. I always asked that question like ‘Why isn't he working with me,’” Pete said. "Other than that, I'm just happy that he reached out. Watch out. The beats are coming crazy."

Pete has stayed busy working on the recent Red & Meth Song, "A-Yo" and his own solo material.

The New York-based producer has also relaunched his label Soul Brother Recordings and will be releasing new artists in the future.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

didnt pete rock fuck nas' gf or sotin
Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ yup
Old 05-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ that's what he said that Nas believed in a HipHopDX interview last year.. this is really good news though, so far Nas reached out to Pete Rock and 9th Wonder for his next project so maybe he'll try to give his old fans what they want.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
BIG D O
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....
BIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
didnt pete rock fuck nas' gf or sotin
that was the rumor that was goin around, but over the years PR has flat out denied it from the jump man.....I really don't think he did that, but you neva know.....

Nas forgave jigga though, so of course he can forgive PR....I'm sure Pete woulda owned up to it by now if the rumors were true.....
BIG D O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

That's what'sup...can't wait to see what they cook up
Old 05-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

this is gonna be on disc one of a double disc album called GTFOH. Disc 2 is all Premo beats.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

fuck that bitch for getting in the way of this team up for so long
Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #9
Erquel
The Chef

Erquel drunken mastaErquel drunken masta
Send a message via ICQ to Erquel

what about Nas/Damian Marley album?
any news on that one?
Erquel is offline   Reply With Quote