news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
METHODKillah36

METHODKillah36 crouching tiger

Interesting what he says in Be Careful What You Wish For about Encore being Illmatic in a few years, obviously it's an exaggeration but he has a point.
METHODKillah36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^explain.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #18
METHODKillah36

METHODKillah36 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
^explain.
Without looking up the exact lyrics, he was saying how The Slim Shady LP got unfavorable reviews at first until a little bit of time went on, then it was praised as a classic...and The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show were obviously no disappointments to follow it up with..Then he mentions Encore and how it "isn't up to par", but under this same thinking we'll all be kissing his ass for it in a few years.

Not something I necessarily agree with 100% since Encore really ISN'T up to par with those other albums and is a clear step away from what makes him great, but still interesting to see him address at least how we perceive his discographical (made up word) career. I can see him being right to a certain extent once it's all said and done, but that remains to be seen.

Here, I couldn't help but listen to the exact lyrics again:

Every CD critics gave it a 3, then 3
years later they go back and re-rate it
and call the Slim Shady LP the greatest
the Marshall Mathers was a classic
the Eminem Show was fantastic
but Encore just didn't have the caliber to match it
I guess enough time just ain't pass yet
a couple more years that shit will be Illmatic
METHODKillah36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #19
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ahh no doubt
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #20
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

My Darling sounds like it could've followed Dr. West, which 3 AM could've followed Darling ect.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #21
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

good songs, these surprised me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #22
whitey
Wu Vatican

these songs are eh.

i like whats on relapse better than them both.

it reminds me too much of encore, not content, just sound.

i know its not possible, its like asking rza to rap in his gravediggaz style, but id rather have em rap the way he did on slim shady lp. or what he did on relapse i really dont mind. but how he sounds on these two bside tracks i just dont feel him when he sounds like that.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #23
Spectrum7glr
Veteran Member

Spectrum7glr shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
My Darling sounds like it could've followed Dr. West, which 3 AM could've followed Darling ect.
exactly what i thought

Spectrum7glr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
Twiztid-Wutang
Veteran Member

Twiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by METHODKillah36 View Post
Without looking up the exact lyrics, he was saying how The Slim Shady LP got unfavorable reviews at first until a little bit of time went on, then it was praised as a classic...and The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show were obviously no disappointments to follow it up with..Then he mentions Encore and how it "isn't up to par", but under this same thinking we'll all be kissing his ass for it in a few years.

Not something I necessarily agree with 100% since Encore really ISN'T up to par with those other albums and is a clear step away from what makes him great, but still interesting to see him address at least how we perceive his discographical (made up word) career. I can see him being right to a certain extent once it's all said and done, but that remains to be seen.

Here, I couldn't help but listen to the exact lyrics again:

Every CD critics gave it a 3, then 3
years later they go back and re-rate it
and call the Slim Shady LP the greatest
the Marshall Mathers was a classic
the Eminem Show was fantastic
but Encore just didn't have the caliber to match it
I guess enough time just ain't pass yet
a couple more years that shit will be Illmatic
And with lyrics like that, How the FUCK is he still doubted as being the best
Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #25
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

these songs are awesome......relapse 2 will prob be the fuckin shit
Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #26
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

'Be Careful What You Wish For' is better than the whole Relapse album IMO

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote