news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #16
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

hmm I've never really paid attention, but I can't remember different genre's having intro's in the way hip hop does so if they do it must not be as prominent/memorable. Then again I generally can't remember the first time I heard most of the music I listen to.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:08 AM   #17
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

i love intros, they add on to the feel of the album.

this is one of my favourites, i probably listened to this intro as much as any song on the album lol

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #18
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerfarm View Post

That is not an Intro.

it is.... it is the first track on the album, thus introducing you to the album.... and to the Wu-Tang Clan. but yeah... busta rthymes ELE "there's only one year left" is my fav into, psyches you up for a banger of an album.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:58 AM   #19
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

another good intro is... Cage - Morning Dips.....

if youve never heard of him, you get a feeling for how grimey the album will be.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #20
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor LES View Post
I've always found intros pointless and i feel embarrased for the artist for choosing or having to place them into their album. If they are supposed to grasp my attention then i consider intros an EPIC FAIL. It's usually their loudest song or even worse, when rappers make a skit to try and get you hyped that the album is about to begin...suck a di-dick and just get to the fuckin songs already...
It adds on to the listening experience for me.
I treat my music likes books, yo.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like intros when its music playing, it does what an intro is supposed to do, set the tone for the rest of the album, but of course, most hip-hop albums have wack shit with people shit talking at the start. That sucks, and makes the intro completly irrelevant, and takes away the meaning of an intro. Of couse theres a few exceptions e.g "Illmatic", but the majority are like that.

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #22
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Other genres have intros, they just have the creativity to name them.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Intros are throughout most genres of music.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #24
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

seeeee hip-hop is different then any other genre...

like i said some intros set the tone and mood of an album....sometimes u need a skit to paint the visual most visuallly/audio people cant seem to picture behind music.... so for those who dont pay attention a skit is necessary....

So technically skits aren't important but yet.. they complete the idea or theme of an album. everyone knows skits aren't necessary...but the imagery needs to be captured.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #25
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

I also generally prefer albums without intros, but gza's intro for beneath the surface was quite cool for example
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #26
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

i love intro's, and outro's, i'd prefer all albums to have them. i think theyre just a must for an album to be complete.

a lot of intro's are BS but the good ones fit well with the album, they kinda lead you into the album so you know what type of music/style theyre on

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #27
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

It really depends on the album for me, Relapse intro suits it perfectly. Creepin on ah Come Up's intro (not that mr. quija shit) and Hieroglyphics Full Circle are prob my favorites.

It can be pretty hit or miss though, Outkast tend to make shitty intro's.