news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #16
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: never give up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish
we all know you shouldn't give up, but we have to understand the frustration of it all, when you commit so much into one thing and everyone pays no attention to it, you'll get fed up and just do what's easier. that's the way people are.
the thing about it is people WERE paying attention. wu was NEVER gonna sell as much as the nelly's and G-units of the world, but they did very well commercially with a message that was going totally against the grain.

wu-tang had to understand that they werent gonna get everybody to buy in to what they were doing. knowledge rap aint gonna outsell 85 rap.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #17
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts
I disagree. People listening to 50 should continue listening to him as Wu has its place elsewhere. People should concern themselves more with what they are doing than what others are as judging up on others actions will only cloud the judgement of the individual when it comes to his own actions.
thats what im saying,

50 cent has his audience and wu-tang has theres.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #18
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

Fuck that I DISAGREE, 50 is profiting off something that shouldn't be taken lightly. He makes the hood seem glamourized, being from a ghetto, when someone glamourizes it, it makes me fuckin sick its disgusting. And no real individual in their right mind would talk about how they this gangsta and how they do THIS and THAT and shit. Fuck that shit mang. Keep shit real If you grew up poor and you had to do shit out of necessity don't glorify it when your sucessful. And if there wasn't media like 50 cent and that other commercial shit than there would be a place for knowledgeable rap on the radio. But instead all the fake people are bumpin that shit so it sells so its marketable so the radio stations play it. PERIOD. Plus it benefits the gonverment in keeping the youth ignorant. Instead of hearing about how great they can become and all the things they can achieve, and how cool it is to be self educated, they learn about hoes and guns and shit.

So you know what Fuck 50 cent... there I said it...
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #19
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez
Fuck that I DISAGREE, 50 is profiting off something that shouldn't be taken lightly. He makes the hood seem glamourized, being from a ghetto, when someone glamourizes it, it makes me fuckin sick its disgusting. And no real individual in their right mind would talk about how they this gangsta and how they do THIS and THAT and shit. Fuck that shit mang. Keep shit real If you grew up poor and you had to do shit out of necessity don't glorify it when your sucessful. And if there wasn't media like 50 cent and that other commercial shit than there would be a place for knowledgeable rap on the radio. But instead all the fake people are bumpin that shit so it sells so its marketable so the radio stations play it. PERIOD. Plus it benefits the gonverment in keeping the youth ignorant. Instead of hearing about how great they can become and all the things they can achieve, and how cool it is to be self educated, they learn about hoes and guns and shit.

But 50 has nothing to do with Wu Tang. If Wu Tang makes good cd's then Wu Tang makes good cd's full stop.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #20
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Trends come and go. Perhaps one day intelligence and truth and talent will be put back into the rap game, because the rap game is forever changing. You know what? I bet if the radio stations, and BET, and MTV started playing singles from the new wu solo projects comming out then the Wu would be hot shit again. All they have to do is play good rap and good rap will be cool again.

I think it would be ill as fuck if Wu would change the game and make their shit be whats hot. They did it once, can they do it again? Most people would say "Yeah right, FUCK that." Well that could very well be so that wu will never be on top again, but in that case the clan needs to keep makin records for their real fans.

To me, Clan in da front, all the fans let cha feet stomp, numbers don't matter when it comes to music quality so these shitty rap fans in the back
Old 09-10-2005, 02:47 PM   #21
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez

you're not gonna stop acts like 50 from making 85 music. commercial rap has been around since the beginning of hiphop and its not gonna go anywhere and there's nothing wu-tang, immortal technique, gangstarr, KRSone, or any other conscious rap act can do to stop it.

the only thing they can do is represent the truth for themselves and let the people come as they may.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #22
Spaz
Fatal

Spaz grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Spaz

50 CENT is gaaaay. who the fuck duz that he think he is..? comin out with all that irrelevant shit...we dont need that man...
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:54 AM   #23
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
you're not gonna stop acts like 50 from making 85 music. commercial rap has been around since the beginning of hiphop and its not gonna go anywhere and there's nothing wu-tang, immortal technique, gangstarr, KRSone, or any other conscious rap act can do to stop it.

the only thing they can do is represent the truth for themselves and let the people come as they may.
I agree absolutely. In fact trying to change this commercial rap dominance in itself is messing up the underground. Immortal Technique said this very point. He said that you hear of rappers saying that they are going to bring back real hip hop and you just end up with the same old I'm keeping it real shit. This is in fact true cuz lets take a look at Deck and the movement and he did the same thing. And also it is near impossible to get a mix of commercial and underground on the same cd. I guess Wu Tang did it on the W with Gravelpit but then again gravelpit was a nice track and had just that much more than the average commercial track. But then there is stuff like Tush which just downgrades the artist and his cd.

To me its simple - All types of rap are legitimate. What is wrong is the mixing of the genre's. The issues of originality and innovation are really irrelevant cuz the same people that say commercial rap is poor based on lack of originality are wearing mass produced clothes and shoes. Millions of people are wearing the same Nike's just in a different colour to the next man. Its that same mentality of the commercial rap fans. They just want whats new but in a different flavour so let them be.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:56 AM   #24
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz
50 CENT is gaaaay. who the fuck duz that he think he is..? comin out with all that irrelevant shit...we dont need that man...
You don't need it but other people do. If every one was intelligent then by implication no one would be intelligent. This is how society work. Intelligence is unevenly distributed so let those who lack intelligence continue in their existence.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:57 AM   #25
PolitiC
Brainz Fried

PolitiC grasshopper

i hope really they start teching wu-tang forever style again...sorry 4 these short posts but im in a hangover

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

PolitiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #26
adriatic

adriatic grasshopper

I'm sorry I'm gonna have to go against the grain on this one. My beef with most of Wu's recent music is very simple: it wasn't good, pointblank. I really don't give a damn about how much "knowledge" they're kicking. Just give me beats and rhymes and I'm good. Music is for entertainment, not to learn world history or be some spiritual guide.

In fact I'll come right out and say it: anyone who turns to fucking rap music for education or betterment of self is a LOST FUCKING SOUL, for real.

And yes that goes for Wu-Tang as much as 50 Cent.
adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #27
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriatic
I'm sorry I'm gonna have to go against the grain on this one. My beef with most of Wu's recent music is very simple: it wasn't good, pointblank. I really don't give a damn about how much "knowledge" they're kicking. Just give me beats and rhymes and I'm good. Music is for entertainment, not to learn world history or be some spiritual guide.

In fact I'll come right out and say it: anyone who turns to fucking rap music for education or betterment of self is a LOST FUCKING SOUL, for real.

you think school is the only place you can gain knowledge? the whole world is a classroom my man.

wu-tang represented a balance in hiphop. you got the mindless commercial drivel and you have the thought provoking mind stimulating stuff. maybe you dont care about learning anything from music but other people do. and this hardly makes them lost souls cuz maybe they want to listen to something that will stimulate them mentally and not just something that will make them dance. it IS possible to enjoy both and want both.

commercial and conscious hiphop have a place in hiphop, the problem is that there is to much of one and not enough of the other. i cant say the same for you but some people listen to music to stimulate their mind and not just their body.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #28
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriatic

Dickhead