news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
HankMcoy

HankMcoy grasshopper
Default The truth about Late Registration

Peace members

My wisdom bought me the new Kyane West cd and I was very happy that she did. First let me say that Im a fan of Kyane, even though his arrogance even gets on my nerves at time, I do appreiciate and am with what he stands for in hip hop and is trying his best to do. I mean his best. I had heard about 4 tracks off the album before it had even came out, so I was expecting the rest of the songs to be straight bangers. I hate when an album is sssoooooooo over hyped. I HATED how people were giving it classic ratings and comparing it to Commons BE or even saying how this is a classic like Nas Illmatic. I was like damn "This album is gonna be tight it thats what people have been saying" So with that mindset that this album was gonna be fighting against Commons' "BE" album, I was highly disipointed. It is taking a little while for this album to grow on me. Dont get me wrong this is a very tight album as far as production goes and even lyricly sometimes. I was very dissipointed with the Common interlude song that is featured as a full song and doesnt even have a baseline. Also Games only on the chorus on the album version. Also a very important track that should have made the album with Talib Kwali, Q-Tip and Common was not on the album. He should have had that on the album instead of 2 versions of the Diamonds song. I felt like he struggled with his flow on this album and tried to hard to make a classic album I guess. The album just feels like it is missing something. It sounds more mixtapish to me. I think the album is one of the best we've had this year, but I might be feeling College Dropout more than this album. Some of the production with the lyrics werent fitting to me. I like the concept of the song momma, but comes off kinda corny. The song Gone, with corny Camorn just doesnt work. Wrong way to use a sample on that song.
HankMcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
bringoutthegimp
The Don Bishop

bringoutthegimp grasshopper
Default Re: The truth about Late Registration

that tip/kweli/common song is on the version i have, in my opinion this album shits all over "be"

In the ways of the world today
It's so easy for us to stray away
Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
Material things keep us blind
bringoutthegimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

It's a good album, and didnt dissapoint me because I didn't expect a classic. I expected it to be just 'good' and that's what it is.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
lucky arms

lucky arms grasshopper

I dont thin Kanye cna really rap and he is just way too arogent fro me.
lucky arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
dat MF

dat MF grasshopper

yeah, that's true about this album hype. it's far from classic but it's still tight shit, to be honest BE is better than this, to me hundred times better.

peace

Wild like rock stars who smash guitars!
-------
R.I.P. J Dilla a.k.a. Jay Dee (1974 - 2006)
dat MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

Lets all admit that kanye is a shit rapper - his lyrics are wack
Old 09-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringoutthegimp
that tip/kweli/common song is on the version i have, in my opinion this album shits all over "be"
u know there were a few times when i thought this....it IS more fun than Be but i feel that Common delievered lyrically....Kanye can think out some nice deep shit...but Common is just better....that simple

peace

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #8
Raptics
Veteran Member

Raptics grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsehole
It's a good album, and didnt dissapoint me because I didn't expect a classic. I expected it to be just 'good' and that's what it is.
Exactly. Some people just "dick ride" anything with a soul sample. 3/4 of the melodys are wack. Hes a good producer but i thought the vibes were pretty wack. THATS THE TRUTH!!!
Raptics is offline   Reply With Quote