news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Hazmat

Hazmat shaolin monk
Default How fake are mainstream hip hop artist?

People talk shit about mainstream, and personally I feel it is all fraud. how bad is this shit really?
Hazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

pretty fake i guess
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
TGambino
Veteran Member

TGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkey

depends on the artist.... for example nobody callin ludacris fake... nobody callin meth and red fake.... but then theres artists like lil wayne and rick ross who are blatantly fake

with the internet how it is now, its not easy for fake gangstas to get away with shit anymore, especially after ja rule got his card pulled and now rick ross too....

and if u talkin about fake then u cant rlly talk about lyrical abilities at the same time......take 50 for example, he couldnt freestyle to save his life, but he did more dirt than 90% of the industry....and nas for example, he is one of the greatest ever, but he dont bust his gun even tho he talks like it

Last edited by TGambino; 07-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.
TGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Hazmat

Hazmat shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
depends on the artist.... for example nobody callin ludacris fake... nobody callin meth and red fake.... but then theres artists like lil wayne and rick ross who are blatantly fake

with the internet how it is now, its not easy for fake gangstas to get away with shit anymore, especially after ja rule got his card pulled and now rick ross too....

and if u talkin about fake then u cant rlly talk about lyrical abilities at the same time......take 50 for example, he couldnt freestyle to save his life, but he did more dirt than 90% of the industry....and nas for example, he is one of the greatest ever, but he dont bust his gun even tho he talks like it
this is true except for 50 the guy was always a fraud.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
lynskey

lynskey crouching tiger

I could not give a fuck what rappers do in their own time or weather they are fake or not. as long as they make decent music I couldnt give a fuck, people are too worried about rappers personalties, when the only thing that matters is if tey makin good music, I don't care if they rap about being a G or how much they love there mom, as long as it sounds good its fine.
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"Fuck mainstream & underground - 'is the shit any good?' is what matters
Why categorize? There's wack and there's nice"
- Tonedeff
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Hazmat

Hazmat shaolin monk

nah its not the skill or how good it sounds, its the message...hip hop has always been about the message never the money, skill, or the quality. I like to know if the message is real or just for cash.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

Mainstream artist's are my sweet spot...I use to like Underground rap but most them are talentless bitches and the same goes for commercial artists.

Shit Loud records in the 90s was the the haven for mainstream artists like Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Beatnuts, Dead Prez, etc
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #9
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus Santorini View Post
Shit Loud records in the 90s was the the haven for mainstream artists like Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Beatnuts, Dead Prez, etc
Word, Loud Records was simply the best label in the 90's....
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote