news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #31
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

swimming at the beach is great - only time i realy swim - 6 months of the year every weekend

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee Oh Vee View Post
Salaam, Urban_Journalz.

That was another thing, I can't believe it slipped my mind when I made the thread.

I know a few people who do Tai Chi, and they are very fanatic about it; but what would you suggest?

Peace.
Tai Chi is definitely a good start. I would not only recommend that, but also Chi Kung as well. The slower martial arts are vital for strengthening the internal organs, cleaning out the blood, etc.

Also, the simple methods are effective. Push-ups are always, always good. Not just the regular ones though. Diamonds, and stretch push-ups, where the arms are extended past the shoulders for working the back out, are highly recommended. The knuckle push-ups on concrete are not only for strength, but ideal for self-defense. Even if you don't know any form of boxing, your opponent will feel the sheer power of your hits.

There's a book you should pick up, called, "Dynamic Strength" by Harry Wong. It's all about dynamic tension and the exercises in there are incredible. Most of them come out of the Shaolin Temple, but a few have been borrowed from Japan and Korea. Be that as it may, it's a must-have if you intend to have a better being through and through.

Allah be with you.

Sallam
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #33
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

hey yo is there any runners on here?

ima start getting in to it n i just wanted to ask a couple questions, bare in mind that i have never really been a runner:

1 - is it ok to run on an empty stomach or do i have to have eaten a few hours prior to running?

2 - how often a week would you reccomend i run to start with and for how long each time?

thanks for any help
Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 AM   #34
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDZA View Post
hey yo is there any runners on here?

ima start getting in to it n i just wanted to ask a couple questions, bare in mind that i have never really been a runner:

1 - is it ok to run on an empty stomach or do i have to have eaten a few hours prior to running?

2 - how often a week would you reccomend i run to start with and for how long each time?

thanks for any help
Peace,

I'm not a regular runner per se, however I hope what I have to say can benefit you.

Running on an empty stomach is not a good idea. Nor is running on a full stomach. I would suggest, before you run, start off with some fruit juice and a light salad. If not, some granola bars or granola cereal and juice or water. Eat enough to destroy the hunger, but don't fill yourself up.

For beginners, I would suggest running 3 times a week for 20 minutes to a half hour tops. Some people have more endurance than others so this window should be comfortable for all. The main goal here is not to overwork yourself. You're trying to expand your horizon and that takes patience. A lot of us want instant gratification and that is always hazardous.

Take your time and find out more about your body. What it needs and how much it can handle at this point of development. Expand on the dietary suggestions mentioned above and come up with your own combinations. Smoothies are a very beneficial part of physical exercise, because you can combine everything that your body may need into one balanced serving.

I hope this helps.

Peace.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #35
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

^ thanks alot ... ima rep you for that as soon as i'm allowed to (have no fucking idea how long that is tho)
Old 07-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #36
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDZA View Post
^ thanks alot ... ima rep you for that as soon as i'm allowed to (have no fucking idea how long that is tho)
I'm just glad to help son.

Keep on keepin' on.

Peace