news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
Wooly Noggins
There is No We !

Wooly Noggins shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Wooly Noggins Send a message via AIM to Wooly Noggins Send a message via Yahoo to Wooly Noggins
Default Red Cross Busted ?

Canada Red Cross used HIV blood
The Red Cross in Canada has pleaded guilty to distributing contaminated blood supplies which infected thousands of Canadians with HIV and hepatitis C.

The Red Cross in Canada has pleaded guilty to distributing contaminated blood supplies which infected thousands of Canadians with HIV and hepatitis C.
More than 3,000 people have died since getting the tainted blood in the 1980s.

The blood scandal is widely regarded as one of the worst public health disasters in Canadian history.

The organisation now faces a fine of up to C$5,000 ($4,000 2,200), but charges of criminal negligence could be dropped as part of a deal with prosecutors.

For the first time, the head of the Canadian Red Cross, Dr Pierre Duplessis, has apologised to the victims and their families.

In a video-taped message shown in court, Dr Duplessis said the Red Cross accepted responsibility for distributing harmful products to those that relied on the charity.

Transfusions

More than 1,000 people became infected with HIV and as many as 20,000 others contracted hepatitis C through blood transfusions and blood products

Many of the victims were haemophiliacs.

Mike McCarthy, spokesman for the Canadian Hemophilia Society (CHS), said: "How can anyone be satisfied? Thousands of people lost their lives.

"Hundreds and hundreds of people are living with these fatal viruses today.

"There's no great outcome here for anybody that's gone through the tainted-blood scandal."

John Plater, Ontario president of the CHS, said: "Finally, the Red Cross has accepted responsibility for their part in the tainted blood tragedy.

"It's the least they can do for the sake of victims who have waited two decades for someone to be held accountable."

In 1997, a public inquiry strongly criticised the Canadian Red Cross, which had run the country's blood supply system for decades.

As a result, the Red Cross was stripped of this role and was replaced by a government agency.

The blood scandal also led to several lawsuits against the Red Cross.

After years of legal wrangling, the charity has decided to plead guilty to distributing the contaminated blood.

It said it would donate C$1.5m ($1.2m) towards medical research and educational scholarships.

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4595039.stm

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"
Wooly Noggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son
Default Re: Red Cross Busted ?

Canada's red cross are killing their own people.
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

thats so fuckin stupid

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This could happen anywhere....this is exactly the reason why when I gave birth to my daughter I refused a blood transfusion...I lost alot of blood but I'd rather be weak for awhile then find out in 5 years I have hepatitis or hiv.

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
This could happen anywhere....this is exactly the reason why when I gave birth to my daughter I refused a blood transfusion...I lost alot of blood but I'd rather be weak for awhile then find out in 5 years I have hepatitis or hiv.
WOW, Good choice.
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
Wooly Noggins
There is No We !

Wooly Noggins shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Wooly Noggins Send a message via AIM to Wooly Noggins Send a message via Yahoo to Wooly Noggins

word don't let just anyone stick you with a needle

they might put Kool aid in your blood

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"
Wooly Noggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:47 AM   #7
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

never knew about it
Old 06-18-2005, 02:48 AM   #8
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

What the fuck? Ignorant peepz fa real
Old 06-18-2005, 10:15 AM   #9
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

damn that sucks
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #10
Eye M Woman

Eye M Woman grasshopper

Same thing happened in ths US..thats how Arthur Ashe was infected and many others..babies and all..from tainted blood.Reagan didnt want to even mention AIDS during the 80's or use the Hepatits test that could have been used to check the blood for HIV...bc it COST TOO MUCH!

*smh*
Eye M Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

wait till they bust out the ebola-aids and the bubonic-syphilis

diseased evil corrupt porkchop eatin' rage